Study Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 128 Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas! s
I didn't get anything done today. Ended up dealing with family drama. I hate it when I feel completely unproductive. But with you mamas as role models (and I mean this - you have to move, NOW mamachel? wtf?!) lanky - I looked at the bank account and then decided not to anymore until my check deposits. Not very responsible, but all I can handle. So...

I guess I'm going to finish reading Foucault and maybe formulate a question re: Foucault. Then....there's only about 7 articles to read for that class. I guess I'll start there.
See you tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 128 Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChel View Post
I finished one paper. Only 14 left to do. Spent the last several hours trying desperately to get something, anything done. Failed miserably.

After 4 hours researching for a project, I gave that up because I just wasn't finding ANYTHING. So I moved on to the next project and just can't focus anymore. Partly because it's 90 degrees in the house (mom has circulation issues and keeps it HOT) and partly b/c I have to try to find somewhere for my family (DH,Kids, me) to move ASAP.

This was sprung on me Wed. Naturally, immediately after giving the news they instructed me to "not less this interfere with your graduation plans, you're SO CLOSE and you need to finish". While they won't *actually* kick us out, I will get "suggestions" 4-5 times a week for how I could "work *JUST A LITTLE* harder" to get us out quicker.

I really should have withdrawn from classes this term, but it would have cost us close to our entire *annual* income. I'm stuck.

I have 2 weeks to complete 15 projects. Even on my game, that's rough. Off my game, it's near to impossible.

But, I'll get it done. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we have no other options.

Off to work on paper #2.....again.
That really sucks, MamaChel. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I know it is probably hard to be optimistic, but at least you know that at some point it will be over. Hard to get through, though I'm sure. Hang in there, you'll make it! s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyLizards View Post
I am trying to write a 14 page paper by Tuesday, complete with a fifteen minute presentation. Overwhelming, but I feel so much better after writing two papers this weekend, very quickly and carelessly and I just found out I got a 100 on one. So, that relaxed me a bit. Happy paper writing!
Wow, that is awesome!! I love when I get a really good grade because then I feel like I can slack somewhat. Probably not a great method, but works for me! This is my last week of classes and then my finals are next Tuesday. I"m glad they are on the same day. Then whole month off! (with lots of neglected household projects to finish)

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#63 of 128 Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 PM

Thanks everyone, I feel much better today. Last night I got word on one of our potential "options".

I also went on to work out 5 pages of my 16-20 pg paper. I'll get more done tonight, this morning/afternoon will be spent taking DH to the Dr. Then I have a meeting re: my program this evening. Afterward, I can focus on the 10 page paper due tomorrow.

Good luck today!
#64 of 128 Old 11-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oooh, I like this thread! I'm going to use it to keep me on my toes. I'm doing Career Step's medical transcription program. I'm currently working on Physical Examination in the "Focus on Medical Specialties" unit. I want to finish Physical Examination today and start on Cardiology tomorrow.
#65 of 128 Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I feel much better today. Last night I got word on one of our potential "options".

I also went on to work out 5 pages of my 16-20 pg paper. I'll get more done tonight, this morning/afternoon will be spent taking DH to the Dr. Then I have a meeting re: my program this evening. Afterward, I can focus on the 10 page paper due tomorrow.

Good luck today!
Yeah MamaChel! 5 pages, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
Oooh, I like this thread! I'm going to use it to keep me on my toes. I'm doing Career Step's medical transcription program. I'm currently working on Physical Examination in the "Focus on Medical Specialties" unit. I want to finish Physical Examination today and start on Cardiology tomorrow.
Hi becoming -- welcome. How long is your program? Is it go-at-your-own pace? Did you get your goal?

I'm working away.....
#66 of 128 Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I was sorta productive last night. DP didn't have class so I went to the library for a couple of hours. Unfortunately the tile guy that is tiling our shower was there too and DP wasn't totally sure on how the tile should go. So I had to come home and make decisions. By then it was 7:30, the library closed at 8 so I didn't go back. Needless to say, I did not finish my homework which is why I'm up at 5:30. I hate this time of morning, I don't really retain much but if I get stuff done then I feel less stressed out for the rest of the day. HOw is everyone else doing?

Gradmama
Mamachel
Lankylizards
MytwoA's
snugglymama
becoming
tiny tina

Hope I didn't forget anyone! Check in here!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#67 of 128 Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 PM

Way to go MamaChel - up this early! I can't.
On my way to campus now - going to do some union organizing, attend a workshop, do some studying, and class - actually going to attend an extra stats lab. Talk later.
Hope everyone has a productive TH!
hugs
#68 of 128 Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 PM

I took a, umm, mental health day from work yesterday : so I could plug away at homework. I felt guilty for about 5 seconds, but there was seriously nothing for me to do there, and I got a TON done here, so the guilt went away pretty fast

I finished up a presentation due on Monday, did all of my braille assignments for the week, finished reading for my other class, and did the homework sheet for that one as well. Oh, and took my online quiz and got a 95. Not a bad day's work!

Only 9 more days left for this semester!!! I have to register for spring semester, though, and can't quite figure out how I'm going to pay for it. Something to worry about over the weekend, I guess!
#69 of 128 Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 PM

I started working the schedule out for next semester and just got confirmation - I'm taking 16 credit hours. All are online and two are dynamically dated so I'll only be taking 4 classes at any given time but 5 classes over the course of the semester.

Buddhism - dynamically dated
Phonetics
Anatomy & Physiology of Speech & Language
Research Methods
Introductory Biology for Allied Health + Lab - dynamically dated

I'm also taking Developmental Psychology during the Winter Intersession.

Today I wrote about 1/2 of my rough draft for a part of my final essay. I have to submit the completed rough draft by midnight tomorrow and then the final essay on Tuesday by midnight. In addition to the essay I have to do a 3 page reflection on why I chose the topics I did for my papers this semester plus why I answered things in the way I did for our weekly reports.

Sara - Silly men, don't they know how to lay tile? =P Sorry your studying was interrupted but hey - it's the thought that counts? hehe

Gradmama - Wow it sounds like you had a productive day planned, how did it go?

Beth - Mental health days are nice and it sounds like you got a LOT done today!! Yay on the 95.

I have a WWYD question. I am taking only online courses right now but went to campus once this semester to meet with an advisor. I was super nervous and felt so awkward. I have joined the student organization for the field I'm studying (speech-language pathology) and they are having a brunch and silent auction next Wednesday morning on campus. My husband can take the morning off so I can go. Should I go? I'm super shy at times but think this might be a good networking opportunity for me. I'll be on campus taking classes next Fall and figured it might help to meet some other students in my major. I attend the 3rd largest campus in the US (over 50k students at my campus) and there are only about 200 students in my major. Sooo..WWYD?
#70 of 128 Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoAs View Post
I started working the schedule out for next semester and just got confirmation - I'm taking 16 credit hours. All are online and two are dynamically dated so I'll only be taking 4 classes at any given time but 5 classes over the course of the semester.
(edited for length....)

I have a WWYD question. I am taking only online courses right now but went to campus once this semester to meet with an advisor. I was super nervous and felt so awkward. I have joined the student organization for the field I'm studying (speech-language pathology) and they are having a brunch and silent auction next Wednesday morning on campus. My husband can take the morning off so I can go. Should I go? I'm super shy at times but think this might be a good networking opportunity for me. I'll be on campus taking classes next Fall and figured it might help to meet some other students in my major. I attend the 3rd largest campus in the US (over 50k students at my campus) and there are only about 200 students in my major. Sooo..WWYD?
First of all, congrats on getting work on the first draft done! And your spring classes sound great. In the winter quarter I am taking:

The second quarter of Data Analysis (and apparently the formal mathematic one) and,
Classical Theory (sociology), the first in the sequence

Two classes, 8 credits, I'm thinking plenty of work as these classes are known to be thoroughly demanding and I've heard professors suggest not taking a third seminar. Especially as I will also either be TAing or a Reader.

Spring quarter is going to be hell, but as that isn't happening until March...I'm not going to worry about it now.

Second, as to your question, I would most certainly go. I imagine that it would be super important to network and it would be so nice meet some other students so when you do start taking classes, you do feel just a tiny bit at home because you already know a face or two. Not too mention, study groups can be quite useful. And...you might make friends! Yes, I would go.

Over 50K students? Are you at Madison? I mean, you don't have to tell...or you could tell me to keep guessing....

My day was good - I did most everything on the list and then some, although the study time consisted of vomiting on the paper so it wasn't super productive. But at least I have two pages of something.... I stayed through two lab sections and then after to ask further questions. I think I understand the theory behind and theoretical model of logistic regression. I think......we'll see next quarter or maybe even in ten minutes when I try to write on it . Hugs to everyone!
#71 of 128 Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 PM

I'm at Arizona State University's Tempe (aka Main) campus. I believe there are 53k enrolled there this year with 64k enrolled at all of their campuses combined. A few years back we were the largest campus.

When I attended right out of high school in the early 90s I believe there were between 38-40k students and even then it was intimidating. My first class that I went to had more students than my entire high school hehe.
#72 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Okay, I am sorry. I haven't posted in awhile. I have been busy working, doing schoolwork, trying to prepare for Christmas, and do plenty of things. There is always a lot to do. LOL!

I got an article done for a website I ghost write for.

Classes finish on Tuesday. Yeah! I have 3 big papers left, a take home exam and another regular exam.

I am enrolled in 6 courses, 3 credit hours each, so 18 hours next semester. Another busy semester.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#73 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 04:12 AM

I need to study pretty much all day, every day up until finals. This semester started off smoothly, but now I am struggling to get everything done. I feel like I am never not doing anything. I am having a hard time balancing everything. I have to babysit all weekend so that will be a much needed start on some serious studying. I need some accountability though. I want to get a paper done, hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading and a powerpoint started.

I have a huge stats project to do, an econ presentation to work on, a bunch of papers and then the final examinations. : It just seems like so much work, and this should be an easier semester than the others.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#74 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
Okay, I am sorry. I haven't posted in awhile. I have been busy working, doing schoolwork, trying to prepare for Christmas, and do plenty of things. There is always a lot to do. LOL!

I got an article done for a website I ghost write for.

Classes finish on Tuesday. Yeah! I have 3 big papers left, a take home exam and another regular exam.

I am enrolled in 6 courses, 3 credit hours each, so 18 hours next semester. Another busy semester.
Wow...I took 18 unit semesters a few times. Blech. Good for you on getting your article done. Good luck on the papers - I hope they are on topics you like to write/think about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco View Post
I need to study pretty much all day, every day up until finals. This semester started off smoothly, but now I am struggling to get everything done. I feel like I am never not doing anything. I am having a hard time balancing everything. I have to babysit all weekend so that will be a much needed start on some serious studying. I need some accountability though. I want to get a paper done, hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading and a powerpoint started.

I have a huge stats project to do, an econ presentation to work on, a bunch of papers and then the final examinations. : It just seems like so much work, and this should be an easier semester than the others.
Hi meco - that's me too - studying all the time from now until the 14th. I worked all day on a stats project and will spend all day tomorrow on my research paper (20 pages and I can't seem to get going that's always the hardest part for me). Sunday I will read for class (like 7 articles) and work on whatever else I can get done. Monday...sigh. I need to not think about Monday. Anyway, I guess I just made that about me but I was attempting to show how I can relate...... Good Luck!
#75 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 PM

I finally lost it today. I've written less than 3 pages since the last time I was here.

I have a 16-20 pg and a 10-15 pg paper due by midnight tonight that I am not sure I can finish in time. Then I get to work on the other 13 papers I have due by the 10th.

It's gonna be pretty much all work, all the time. It'll get done and then I can try to enjoy my semester break. (Unless we're moving, sigh)

Good luck working today everyone!
#76 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I finally lost it today. I've written less than 3 pages since the last time I was here.

I have a 16-20 pg and a 10-15 pg paper due by midnight tonight that I am not sure I can finish in time. Then I get to work on the other 13 papers I have due by the 10th.

It's gonna be pretty much all work, all the time. It'll get done and then I can try to enjoy my semester break. (Unless we're moving, sigh)

Good luck working today everyone!

Your plate is just so full momma, big hugs and lots of "paper writing" vibes comin your way.
#77 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

On Tuesday I have my finals!!!

So this weekend is going to be spent studying feverishly. This morning I got up at 8am and went to coffee shop/library. I read two out of 6 chapters that I have to read by Tuesday. I just could not retain anymore information. Hopefully later today I will be able to get a little more reading in. Then tomorrow I plan to do the same thing. Then you will not see me till January.

Mamachel-Hang in there mama, just do the best that you are able and don't feel too guilty.

meco-I am the same way about having so much to do at the end. Good luck!

tinytina-Yeah, you haven't been here because you've actually been studying! Good for you!

gradmama-Yay, you're almost there!

Ok, lets get some work done people. Happy studying/paper writing/researching!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#78 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 08:35 PM

All of us are coming up on finals it looks like.

I have my 5 page paper + 3 page reflection due on Tuesday and a test on the 10th.

I've got my 5 page paper completed through the rough draft and uploaded for my peer review. I just have to complete my works cited page and then properly format my in-text citations.

I've written 2 of the 3 pages of the reflection but I'm not happy with it so I stopped. I'll come back to it this evening.

Right now I'm downloading audio files for my other class and takings notes on them for the test.

I've also got to take a midterm for my other class (it's through a community college vs. the University and is dynamically-dated). I will likely take that on Wednesday. It is open-note and open-book so it should be OK, it is statistics though so requires a lot of thought even if you have the formulas written out for you hehe.
#79 of 128 Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Yuppers, finals soon here too!

I've got the 1st 16 page paper completed. I'm working on the assignment that goes "with" it now. Then, I have to finish up a group project, prep an individual presentation and write the papers that go with those tomorrow.

Sheesh.....well, only 14 more papers to go.
#80 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

oh well......i got a footnote done
why is writing a paper such a long and anguishing process?

sigh....

this is purely a complaint email...I'll respond to everyone else later.
#81 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradmama View Post
oh well......i got a footnote done
why is writing a paper such a long and anguishing process?

sigh....

this is purely a complaint email...I'll respond to everyone else later.
Complain away! That is what we are here for.

Quote:
Yuppers, finals soon here too!

I've got the 1st 16 page paper completed. I'm working on the assignment that goes "with" it now. Then, I have to finish up a group project, prep an individual presentation and write the papers that go with those tomorrow.

Sheesh.....well, only 14 more papers to go.
Hopefully they are not long ones!

As for me, studied about 5 hours yesterday, and today hope to get just as much in. My brain turns to mush after reading a couple of chapter so I'm not sure I'll be able to read them all. Might have to resort to skimming. But I'm at the point where I just don't care. I will do the best I can and then move on to the next quarter.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#82 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Define long, LOL.

The paper after the 16 pg ended up being 9 pages. I still have a 10 pgr, (2)6-8 pg, and 4-6 article summaries (1-1.5 pg/ea) due Tues along with 2 presentations. The rest are all lit papers, and I've already finished the reading so it's not a huge deal.

Well, back to work. Have a group project I've got to get my stuff together for.
#83 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 PM

I'm in the home stretch!

I took my in-person braille exam yesterday, and while I don't think I aced it, I feel like I did pretty well.

I have one more exam in that class (online), a presentation (which is done, just have to actually do it) and an exam for my other class. And then . . .

NO CLASSES until February 4th!!!!!!

I am, however, seriously procrastinating about registration for spring, mostly because I can't figure out how I'm gonna pay for it! Gotta get off my butt and do that tonight.
#84 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradmama View Post
Hi meco - that's me too - studying all the time from now until the 14th. I worked all day on a stats project and will spend all day tomorrow on my research paper (20 pages and I can't seem to get going that's always the hardest part for me). Sunday I will read for class (like 7 articles) and work on whatever else I can get done. Monday...sigh. I need to not think about Monday. Anyway, I guess I just made that about me but I was attempting to show how I can relate...... Good Luck!
So you understand! You feel my pain. It's nice to know I am not the only one. I am feeling the crunch. So much to do, so little time. My last final is the 19th. I cannot seem to get going on a few last minute things either. I am just not getting there. I have so much to do. I know I will get it done, but man, :

cody'smomma, I am here with you. My brain can only absorb so much information and do so much thinking.

MamaChel, I do not envy you and all those papers. I was dreading a bunch of statistical and policy analysis, but I think I would rather have that. Or not. Good luck!

snuggly mama, That is good news! I hope you figure out registration. That is always annoying.

And I hope everything is going well for everyone!

I have to work on a group project and write a paper today that is due tomorrow. I need to get some stats and econ done for Wednesday. I need to be prepping for finals every single day. And Wednesday we have a grad student social with booze and food, which is always a treat, something to look forward to after class.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#85 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 PM

Oh thank you thank you for this thread.

I have lost all motivation. I got my mega report out on Friday. In at 4:46 (deadline was 5pm) and I have done nothing. I know I pass even if I fail my exams so motivation is low. I may not even get my associates in Environmental (I have a degree already) but it is not good to get a bad mark as the community is pretty small.

Help!
I'm very very lazy..
#86 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 PM

Beth - Congrats on the exam! I ended up taking out a student loan for the Spring (plus it includes my Winter Intersession course) and am hoping to put my husband's bonus and our tax refund into a savings account to pay for the summer and fall semesters next year. Summer is only one class, thankfully. Prices have gone up a lot since the mid 90s when I last attended!

Reading about all the papers you mommas are writing makes me realize my one 8 page project due on Tuesday is paltry in comparison.

Good luck to all as they come down the home stretch! I'm looking forward to, but getting anxious about, my deal on campus on Wednesday. The few faces I saw when I went up there for advisement were all smiles so at least I know they're welcoming. Knowing I'm a good ten years older than the majority of them, even the grad students, has me a bit bugged out. I've never been concerned about my age but I have a lot of mixed memories about the university so I think being back there just kind of brings those back. O'well, I'm going to have to get used to it hehe.
#87 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 PM

One of the papers is a policy analysis. Sigh.....

Got the prep work for the group presentation finished. Then had to run hubs to the ER for a PICC line check.
It's fine, which is very good news.

Now I'm working on a couple of revisions to my program manual before I start burning it to the disks for orientation tomorrow. Yippee.....gah.

I'm actually taking the evening off after 9pm EST b/c I am going to sit down a actually watch a TV show, for the first time all year. Tomorrow will be enough time for the rest of the stuff.

Good luck tonight everyone.
#88 of 128 Old 12-02-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I'm actually taking the evening off after 9pm EST b/c I am going to sit down a actually watch a TV show, for the first time all year. Tomorrow will be enough time for the rest of the stuff.

A well-deserved rest! Good for you Mama.

Glad the PICC line is OK.
#89 of 128 Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody'smomma View Post
Complain away! That is what we are here for.

Hopefully they are not long ones!

As for me, studied about 5 hours yesterday, and today hope to get just as much in. My brain turns to mush after reading a couple of chapter so I'm not sure I'll be able to read them all. Might have to resort to skimming. But I'm at the point where I just don't care. I will do the best I can and then move on to the next quarter.
Thanks cody'smomma - I needed that. I should be working past that footnote now.........but I'm here . I think skimming is okay. I actually.......gasp.....am not reading ALL the articles for tomorrow's class b/c she said we didn't need to. Now, I have a hard time with that b/c i feel as if I'm supposed to do it all so I get all knowledge I can.........but she also wants a 20 page paper and there may or may not be another time when i will absolutely have to read those other four articles.

As far as mush brains, i've heard that if you read/study/write for 45 minutes and then take a 15 minute break, you will be more productive than if you just go straight at it.

Quote:
Define long, LOL.

The paper after the 16 pg ended up being 9 pages. I still have a 10 pgr, (2)6-8 pg, and 4-6 article summaries (1-1.5 pg/ea) due Tues along with 2 presentations. The rest are all lit papers, and I've already finished the reading so it's not a huge deal.

Well, back to work. Have a group project I've got to get my stuff together for.
OMG mama. That stresses ME out and I have a 20 pager, a 10-12, and a 2-5 that aren't particularly easy. So, yeah. you can be my heroine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly mama View Post
I'm in the home stretch!

I took my in-person braille exam yesterday, and while I don't think I aced it, I feel like I did pretty well.

I have one more exam in that class (online), a presentation (which is done, just have to actually do it) and an exam for my other class. And then . . .

NO CLASSES until February 4th!!!!!!

I am, however, seriously procrastinating about registration for spring, mostly because I can't figure out how I'm gonna pay for it! Gotta get off my butt and do that tonight.
Good for you - congrats on your exam and on being almost done! Just register, you can pay for it later...... But seriously, in my experience, it does always end up working out. I hope you figure it out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco View Post
So you understand! You feel my pain. It's nice to know I am not the only one. I am feeling the crunch. So much to do, so little time. My last final is the 19th. I cannot seem to get going on a few last minute things either. I am just not getting there. I have so much to do. I know I will get it done, but man, :

I have to work on a group project and write a paper today that is due tomorrow. I need to get some stats and econ done for Wednesday. I need to be prepping for finals every single day. And Wednesday we have a grad student social with booze and food, which is always a treat, something to look forward to after class.
Yea for booze. How's the work going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPants View Post
Oh thank you thank you for this thread.

I have lost all motivation. I got my mega report out on Friday. In at 4:46 (deadline was 5pm) and I have done nothing. I know I pass even if I fail my exams so motivation is low. I may not even get my associates in Environmental (I have a degree already) but it is not good to get a bad mark as the community is pretty small.

Help!
I'm very very lazy..
It's hard to maintain motivation! Where's the smiling with a whip? As you can see by the fact that I am posting here, I'm not doing what I;m supposed to be doing right now but i will in a minute. How about if you pick a task, set a timer for an hour, and do that task. maybe you will get on a roll and just keep going. if not, set it again..... You know that you don't really want bad grades even if they don't tangibly affect graduation.
Hope you find it mama! and when you do..pass it along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoAs View Post
Reading about all the papers you mommas are writing makes me realize my one 8 page project due on Tuesday is paltry in comparison.

Good luck to all as they come down the home stretch! I'm looking forward to, but getting anxious about, my deal on campus on Wednesday. The few faces I saw when I went up there for advisement were all smiles so at least I know they're welcoming. Knowing I'm a good ten years older than the majority of them, even the grad students, has me a bit bugged out. I've never been concerned about my age but I have a lot of mixed memories about the university so I think being back there just kind of brings those back. O'well, I'm going to have to get used to it hehe.
But 8 pages can be just as difficult to write as a 20 pager sometimes. It just all depends. How is that going? I know that you can't help it, but try not to worry about the age thing. I always was one of the older people in college (and still am actually) and usually one of the very few parents. So I understand. But a)nobody else really cared, and b) you have all those young kids BEAT! because you have so much more life experience which informs you and your choices. I hope you'll find it to be a really good experience!

Quote:
One of the papers is a policy analysis. Sigh.....

Got the prep work for the group presentation finished. Then had to run hubs to the ER for a PICC line check.
It's fine, which is very good news.

Now I'm working on a couple of revisions to my program manual before I start burning it to the disks for orientation tomorrow. Yippee.....gah.

It sounds like you really deserve the break mama!!! I hope you enjoy'd it. I went upstairs and watched desperate housewives with my neighbors -- with a article on my lap so i didn't feel guilty. Glad the PICC line was okay and I hope you are getting stuff accomplished this morning.

s to everyone! I'm actually going to work now.
#90 of 128 Old 12-04-2007, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hope you enjoyed yourself! I just want you all to know that tomorrow I have both my finals and then :::

I have not been studying too much tonight because it took DP a couple of hours to get home due to the floods here in WA. But I have the am, nap time tomorrow and then whatever I don't know, I don't know. But I am fine with that. I know I will at least pass and frankly, that is enough for me right now.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page