Anybody else NOT want to graduate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-14-2007, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today was my last day of official classes. I have two finals next week, but nothing terrible. I ended up crying the whole way home today. I just love my professors and I have friends at school that don't have anything to do with my family. Not that I dislike having friends with kids, but sometimes it is nice NOT to talk about bedtime and such.

And the job market where we are is AWFUL!!!! I might make $12/hr with my degree, if I am lucky. Those are all jobs I would hate too. I have yet to see a job that I have a chance in hell of getting that I would potentially like.

I wish that I was going straight on to law school or my Phd. I feel like I am going to just waste the next several years of my life waiting to finish my schooling. School is something I am good at. I just don't feel emotionally ready to be done

Ok, rant over.
#2 of 4 Old 12-17-2007, 11:15 AM

I am with you! I don't want to be done with school because I don't know what I will do then. School has been my focus for so long and now that I am nearing my goal I am afraid. I will have no focus after I graduate and I will not be getting a job any time soon (hoping to have another dc). Now, hopefully no one will take this the wrong way, but for me I don't know how I would do "just" being a SAHM. I'm not sure I"m going to like it very much. I kind of liked having something else to do, it kept me sane.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#3 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Whenever I finish a degree, I just turn around and go back to school and start all over again!!!!! I'll never pay off my loans, but I'll always be doing something I enjoy and look forward to doing.

Is it possible to just take a class here and there, so you can start working towards your next goal?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#4 of 4 Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

The graduate programs in the area are terrible. They would not help at all in my goal of getting my PhD. I am feeling a bit better about it all now, but I still don't want to work for 20k a year. That much won't even come close to paying our bills and I will have to be away from a tiny baby to do it. Yuck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page