Goal for 2008: finish my incompletes from when I had DS
Geographical Location: (if you are comfortable sharing) NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Inanna_Mama! Have fun! you'll be great and you'll have fun too. I really have enjoyed the conferences I go to. They get me excited (which is useful when you're about to burn out.....lol). Let us know how it goes when you get back!

Aletheia, how fun.....what kind of class? I'm trying to finish my quarter.....must finish my proposal and write a 15 pager..... sigh.....

Welcome shannonnc78!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Welcome Shannon!

I haven't been doing much of anything lately, excepting thinking about having another baby. : I've also decided I'm going to get certified as a postpartum doula within the next year, and try for certification as a breastfeeding counselor as well. I'm going to finish my PhD....but more as a "back-up" plan than anything. I just don't have the passion for it, but I feel like I'm come too far to give up now. Sigh.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 06-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Welcome Shannon!

Amy, I totally know where you're coming from! I really needed this conference to help me switch my focus off of babies for a change

Oh, Mamas! What a great time I had. My presentation was met with much enthusiasm, encouragement and thoughtful recommendations for progressing forward. I met with my adopted adviser from Germany and we talked more about grad school options. And, we were approached for doing a special issue of a journal! How cool would it be if I could get published before even starting my Master's coursework?!?

I now have more work to do than before I left...updating my paper, connecting with people, deciding where to apply, putting together a website to self-publish some things, and reading, Reading, READING.

Sometime this week we'll have playdates with a caregiver who might be able to look after DS a bit so I can do all this work. He's made great strides, so I think I'll be able to leave him for a few hours 2-3 days/week now.

Thanks again for encouraging me to go. It was SOOOO worth it!! I'm totally jazzed now :

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Oh, mama! How wonderful! See, conferences are fun. I'm so happy that you are feeling inspired again.

As for me, every DAY I am thinking about not doing my quals, not finishing my PhD, and just spending my available time on working toward something I care about. I am itching to get started on doula certification and LLL leader status. I *could* do those things while also finishing quals, but I'm not sure I really should. The whole point of finishing my PhD was just to have some type of employability, but now that I know that ultimately I will become a lactation consultant, the fear of being unemployable has diminished.

I haven't quite gotten to the point of quitting (again) though. I don't know.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 06-12-2008, 09:43 PM

hi

here's my info. i am trying to sane in the process of finishing my PhD (well mostly sane anyway) and stay on track.

Name: (screen or real) muchpeace
Children and birthdays: DS#1 (5), DS#2 (3.5) & DD (2).
Academic Area: soc
Stage of Degree: collecting my data
Goal for 2008: finish my dissertation, present at 1 more conference, & get a publication out this year.

my dh is also finishing his MBA

--lots of love from one busy momma of 4 & loving wife of 1--
Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi Mamas!!!
Just dropping in to give some love and encouragement . I was working on my PhD in Education while I was pg and while DD1 was a babe. It was SO tough and pretty much SUCKED! But I stuck it out and FINISHED I am not employed right now (SAHM) and the student loan payments are killing us, but I feel good for having finished it when many people didn't think I would.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Shandy

it is encouraging to know others have finished!

and congrats to you also on the PhD that is awesome!!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 PM

Name: (screen or real): rarebear
Children and birthdays: DS, 2 last tuesday (6/17)!
Academic Area: music composition
Stage of Degree: starting in september
Goal for 2008: survive moving my family and getting back into school brain!
geographic area: new jersey

for us, grad school looks to be a bit of a breather from the treadmill of nyc living. i can't wait to be busy with school, rather than being busy with a day job!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
Oh, Mamas! What a great time I had. My presentation was met with much enthusiasm, encouragement and thoughtful recommendations for progressing forward. I met with my adopted adviser from Germany and we talked more about grad school options. And, we were approached for doing a special issue of a journal! How cool would it be if I could get published before even starting my Master's coursework?!?

I now have more work to do than before I left...updating my paper, connecting with people, deciding where to apply, putting together a website to self-publish some things, and reading, Reading, READING.

Thanks again for encouraging me to go. It was SOOOO worth it!! I'm totally jazzed now :
See - that's how conferences work for me too! Just infuse me with energy and love for what I'm doing and... : I'm so glad you went and it sounds like the opportunities door opened for you. That's so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Oh, mama! How wonderful! See, conferences are fun. I'm so happy that you are feeling inspired again.

As for me, every DAY I am thinking about not doing my quals, not finishing my PhD, and just spending my available time on working toward something I care about. I am itching to get started on doula certification and LLL leader status. I *could* do those things while also finishing quals, but I'm not sure I really should. The whole point of finishing my PhD was just to have some type of employability, but now that I know that ultimately I will become a lactation consultant, the fear of being unemployable has diminished.

I haven't quite gotten to the point of quitting (again) though. I don't know.
You know, I read somewhere that people change their careers something like seven times. Couldn't you quit and then at some point in the future go back and finish if you so felt? If not, then, hey.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchpeace View Post
hi

here's my info. i am trying to sane in the process of finishing my PhD (well mostly sane anyway) and stay on track.

Name: (screen or real) muchpeace
Children and birthdays: DS#1 (5), DS#2 (3.5) & DD (2).
Academic Area: soc
Stage of Degree: collecting my data
Goal for 2008: finish my dissertation, present at 1 more conference, & get a publication out this year.

my dh is also finishing his MBA
Hi muchpeace! Welcome....you are much further along than I! I just finished my first year. What is your area in Sociology? I'm in Soc also.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Hi Mamas!!!
Just dropping in to give some love and encouragement . I was working on my PhD in Education while I was pg and while DD1 was a babe. It was SO tough and pretty much SUCKED! But I stuck it out and FINISHED I am not employed right now (SAHM) and the student loan payments are killing us, but I feel good for having finished it when many people didn't think I would.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much
Hey congratulations on finishing! and thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear View Post
Name: (screen or real): rarebear
Children and birthdays: DS, 2 last tuesday (6/17)!
Academic Area: music composition
Stage of Degree: starting in september
Goal for 2008: survive moving my family and getting back into school brain!
geographic area: new jersey

for us, grad school looks to be a bit of a breather from the treadmill of nyc living. i can't wait to be busy with school, rather than being busy with a day job!
Welcome Rarebear. I have to warn you that there are days when I wish I "just" had a day job. But those are just days - in the long run, I'm totally stoked to be doing what I'm doing. And incredibly lucky too! Good luck -- I bet you're excited.

Me? I taking a week off...well, mostly. Then I begin RAing and TAing for the summer. And of course, getting my interview schedule ironed out, human subjects approved, and a couple of interviews under my belt. This is where it gets exciting, right?

What's everyone doing this summer?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradmama View Post
Hi muchpeace! Welcome....you are much further along than I! I just finished my first year. What is your area in Sociology? I'm in Soc also.....
thanks for the welcome my *areas* are family, gender, work. it's really interesting. i love researching topics that affect people's daily lives and the larger social framework.

do you know what you are interested in?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM

Welcome muchpeace & rarebear!! Thanks so much for the encouragement, Shandy. I fear I could use another dose. I was on such a great high after the conference. But after being back on full-time DS duty since June 9, I'm shot again , and of course have done no follow up, reading, writing, etc. since.

I am still trying to arrange some sessions with caregivers to look after DS a few times a week so I can work, but it's tough (and expensive). And, it looks like I'm going to have to get serious about finding some *paid* work so that income is rolling in by the time DH starts back to school in the fall so he doesn't try to kill himself again this year by working + teaching + studying.

: Not sure what to do. Even with someone looking after DS while I'm working, there will be no energy left (thank you household duties & insomniac son) to take classes, research funding, and even prepare grad school applications.

Sorry to be such a downer. I wish I'd say I'm spending my summer reading, preparing a thesis proposal, researching & writing a journal article and starting the application process. Instead it looks like work of the not even remotely related to my research interests kind.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer breaks!!

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
thanks for the welcome my *areas* are family, gender, work. it's really interesting. i love researching topics that affect people's daily lives and the larger social framework.

do you know what you are interested in?
Well, my MA falls within "sexualities." I'm also interested in social movements and gender. What does "family" entail? I'm asking because I'm considering how I could do a dissertation on teen mothers and their struggles. Maybe I could do some sort of public sociology and start a full-service non-profit that supports them beyond the first few months...I don't know, it's all very conceptual. Would that fall under family?

Quote:
Welcome muchpeace & rarebear!! Thanks so much for the encouragement, Shandy. I fear I could use another dose. I was on such a great high after the conference. But after being back on full-time DS duty since June 9, I'm shot again , and of course have done no follow up, reading, writing, etc. since.

I am still trying to arrange some sessions with caregivers to look after DS a few times a week so I can work, but it's tough (and expensive). And, it looks like I'm going to have to get serious about finding some *paid* work so that income is rolling in by the time DH starts back to school in the fall so he doesn't try to kill himself again this year by working + teaching + studying.

: Not sure what to do. Even with someone looking after DS while I'm working, there will be no energy left (thank you household duties & insomniac son) to take classes, research funding, and even prepare grad school applications.

Sorry to be such a downer. I wish I'd say I'm spending my summer reading, preparing a thesis proposal, researching & writing a journal article and starting the application process. Instead it looks like work of the not even remotely related to my research interests kind.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer breaks!!
Oh Inanna Mama - it is hard! I never ever ever get as much done on my work as possible. You feel all the time that you need to get more reading/writing/researching done, but then you have seven hundred million kid/family things to do as well! And.....finances can really limit the freedom that we have to come up with options and alternatives that serve our needs the best. Don't beat yourself up over it. You will get your stuff done. Maybe you can set a daily (attainable) goal. Today I will complete X part of the application for this school. Or..I will write two pages of the article about "this." Then, even if something isn't getting done, you are accomplishing little pieces and that will help you stay on track, feel as if you are being productive, and you are well on your way toward finishing!
s You'll make it!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Well, my MA falls within "sexualities." I'm also interested in social movements and gender. What does "family" entail? I'm asking because I'm considering how I could do a dissertation on teen mothers and their struggles. Maybe I could do some sort of public sociology and start a full-service non-profit that supports them beyond the first few months...I don't know, it's all very conceptual. Would that fall under family?
if you do your disstertation on teen mothers, even if you are coming at it from a feminist perspective, the topic intersects family. meaning that family, gender, & sexualities could be listed under your areas of research interest, you could then go into more detail within those areas. you should be able to show the intersection of these 3 areas within teen mothers. my areas are connected in motherhood & parenthood.

two groups that you should consider connecting with [outside ASA], if you haven't already, are SWS (society of women sociologists) & SSSP (society for the study of social problems). both are great for helping grad students

added: another good group for info that you might like if you decide to continue with teen moms, is the association for research on mothering (ARM). you can order some back isses of the journal & one deals specifically with "young" moms (if you can't find them in your library).

Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Hi Mamas!!!
Just dropping in to give some love and encouragement . I was working on my PhD in Education
Shandy, I see you're in NC, too and we are in the same field. Did you go to school here in NC? If so, where? I'm at NCSU in the C&I program. Congrats on making it through!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:42 AM
tak

Name: Treava
Children and birthdays: Expecting #1 in Feb. 2009
Academic Area: English literature (Victorian fiction)
Stage of Degree: 4th year; Currently finishing first chapter and starting second (of three chapters)
Goal for 2008: Draft submitted by Jan. 1 2009
Geographical Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 AM

I'm so glad to have found this group. Okay, basics first...

Name: Karrie
Children and birthdays: Gabriel, born Oct. 24th, 2007
Academic Area: Counseling Psychology
Stage of Degree: Proposing dissertation in fall, Plan to collect data in Winter and Spring.
Goal for 2008: Propose! And then start half-time internship while collecting data
Geographical Locationregon

While I love being a mama, I also enjoy my work and have had such a hard time focusing on the latter. Gabriel doesn't take long naps, so I never seem to find a good block of time to sit down and really concentrate. The only time I have is after he goes to bed, but then I simply want to crash and have some 'me' time, not to mention enjoy a little time with my partner. However, I find once I 'start' in the evenings then I can get a lot done. But I'm so reluctant to start, to 'give up' that time. My mom helped out a bunch today by watching him for two hours - and I actually got some words put on paper. Argh. Anybody have any suggestions? (We can't afford a sitter, and my partner works all day as well as going to school herself.)

It's nice to see this group so active!

Karrie.  Partner to my best friend and wife (aka "baba") and mama to son G (10-24-2007).

Old 07-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Welcome, Karrie!

It is definitely difficult to work on a Ph.D. as a mother. From my own experience and from following this thread, I'm concluding that support from others seems to be a vital part of making it happen.

I'm also beginning to think that there is an either/or choice between completing a Ph.D. on schedule and doing it well. Which will I choose?

DD 7/07 DS 1/11

Old 07-15-2008, 03:01 PM

Oh my goodness - so glad there is a tribe for this!

Name: Meredith
Children and birthdays: Expecting our first baby any time now :
Academic Area: Media & Communication (Philosophy and Critical Theory)
Stage of Degree: Starting this fall of with dissertation proposal and work drafting, also have to somehow write a paper for a conference that is at the end of October...
Goal for 2008: Finish reading for my dissertation, get notes in order, successful proposal - this is already probaly more than I can fathom
Geographical Location: Brooklyn NY

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
if you do your disstertation on teen mothers, even if you are coming at it from a feminist perspective, the topic intersects family. meaning that family, gender, & sexualities could be listed under your areas of research interest, you could then go into more detail within those areas. you should be able to show the intersection of these 3 areas within teen mothers. my areas are connected in motherhood & parenthood.

two groups that you should consider connecting with [outside ASA], if you haven't already, are SWS (society of women sociologists) & SSSP (society for the study of social problems). both are great for helping grad students

added: another good group for info that you might like if you decide to continue with teen moms, is the association for research on mothering (ARM). you can order some back isses of the journal & one deals specifically with "young" moms (if you can't find them in your library).
Thanks for the heads up on SSSP (I am a member of SWS) and ARM. I totally made a note of it. I see how the areas intersect. I guess I just don't know exactly what areas I want to intersect. I don't know if I'm going to be doing teen mamas....that's just something that interests me right now. As my adviser said yesterday, it could be an indicator of good energy that I'm thinking about the diss, or its a procrastination method. And....uh...yeah. I think this is one place where I just have to get through the MA and then go from there. Right now I'm finishing my Human Subjects and the questionnaire. I didn't know I was going to be so nervous about doing interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
Stage of Degree: 4th year; Currently finishing first chapter and starting second (of three chapters)
Welcome Treava! And congratulations on the 'lil one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie42 View Post

Stage of Degree: Proposing dissertation in fall, Plan to collect data in Winter and Spring.
Goal for 2008: Propose! And then start half-time internship while collecting data

While I love being a mama, I also enjoy my work and have had such a hard time focusing on the latter. Gabriel doesn't take long naps, so I never seem to find a good block of time to sit down and really concentrate. The only time I have is after he goes to bed, but then I simply want to crash and have some 'me' time, not to mention enjoy a little time with my partner. However, I find once I 'start' in the evenings then I can get a lot done. But I'm so reluctant to start, to 'give up' that time. My mom helped out a bunch today by watching him for two hours - and I actually got some words put on paper. Argh. Anybody have any suggestions? (We can't afford a sitter, and my partner works all day as well as going to school herself.)

Welcome Karrie. I'm finding more and more that night-time is NOT a good time of day for me to work. I did it as an undergrad (meaning all the way through last year!), but now? I really need to work during the day and be present with my family and/or able to do fluff at night. I just don't even have the brain power. Which means, that I should get to work now instead of being here because in theory, I could do this tonight

In terms of your needs, could you get a mothers' helper to come and play with/watch/etc. your babe while you work there? I know that my 10yr.old does things like this for free or for a couple of dollars (literally, like $5 or $3). It's good experience for when she's old enough to babysit. Also, as your child gets older (or even now), I would check out the university resources for extra monies for childcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithonia View Post
Welcome, Karrie!

It is definitely difficult to work on a Ph.D. as a mother. From my own experience and from following this thread, I'm concluding that support from others seems to be a vital part of making it happen.

I'm also beginning to think that there is an either/or choice between completing a Ph.D. on schedule and doing it well. Which will I choose?
Personally, I'm down with fighting with them over normative time. I think its ridiculous that they will hold a single mother of three to the same time schedule as a single person. But we'll see what happens when I get there! I could be bark and no bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforbes View Post
Oh my goodness - so glad there is a tribe for this!

Name: Meredith
Children and birthdays: Expecting our first baby any time now :
Academic Area: Media & Communication (Philosophy and Critical Theory)
Stage of Degree: Starting this fall of with dissertation proposal and work drafting, also have to somehow write a paper for a conference that is at the end of October...
Goal for 2008: Finish reading for my dissertation, get notes in order, successful proposal - this is already probaly more than I can fathom
Geographical Location: Brooklyn NY
Welcome and congratulations!! That does sound like a lot of work....but I bet you'll do it!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Ok - here's a quick question for you PhD Mamas:

I have gotten a paper accepted to a 4 day conference in Cyprus at the end of October when my little guy (who we are expecting any time now) will be probaly only around 10-12 weeks old.

At first, it seemed too much to try and take him because it's so short and the time difference is so large (plus the flights are like 16 hours not including the layovers which are also long)

But in talking to the midwife, I'm thinking I might just take him. If I need to get someone there to just watch him while I"m presenting I can - it doesn't really make sense for DP to come who would just be tired and crabby and it would cost a lot more for him to come as well.

Has anyone traveled like this with a little baby? Did it work out ok? Obviously I'd be slinging and BF'ing him.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Welcome Treava, Karrie and Meredith! Just wanted to say "hi" as I'm not sure how long I'll be here...kicking around abandoning my grad school aspirations. DH has sort of "checked out" of the working for pay world, so unless we can come up with some alternatives that work for both of us, I'm going to have to ramp up to full time work over the next few years. I just don't have it in me to try to work and do grad school and be a good Mama. I'm trying to only be mildly devastated instead of totally crushed.

Wishing you all the very, very best of luck and sending you lots of encouragement and hope for your academic futures!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:

I have gotten a paper accepted to a 4 day conference in Cyprus at the end of October when my little guy (who we are expecting any time now) will be probaly only around 10-12 weeks old.

At first, it seemed too much to try and take him because it's so short and the time difference is so large (plus the flights are like 16 hours not including the layovers which are also long)

But in talking to the midwife, I'm thinking I might just take him. If I need to get someone there to just watch him while I"m presenting I can - it doesn't really make sense for DP to come who would just be tired and crabby and it would cost a lot more for him to come as well.

Has anyone traveled like this with a little baby? Did it work out ok? Obviously I'd be slinging and BF'ing him.
I haven't traveled with my son alone because he's been a screecher since birth. But, if you have a babe who responds well to AP strategies like being worn and nursing on demand, co-sleeping, etc. I'm guessing it would be very do-able. Still, it's hard to know what she'll be like until she arrives and adjusts to this world. Is it possible to make plans to go and get refunds on travel, accommodation, conference fees, etc. if at week 6 post-partum you think it won't work?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Welcome Treava, Karrie and Meredith! Just wanted to say "hi" as I'm not sure how long I'll be here...kicking around abandoning my grad school aspirations. DH has sort of "checked out" of the working for pay world, so unless we can come up with some alternatives that work for both of us, I'm going to have to ramp up to full time work over the next few years. I just don't have it in me to try to work and do grad school and be a good Mama. I'm trying to only be mildly devastated instead of totally crushed.

Wishing you all the very, very best of luck and sending you lots of encouragement and hope for your academic futures!
Oh Inanna Mama! I WOULD be totally crushed, I can't imagine. I hope you can get things worked out. FWIW, PhD programs generally support you at a subsistence level... you would be bringing money in.... don't give up mama, you can figure it out!

Quote:

Hi mrforbes and congratulations on the baby AND the paper! I never have had to travel that far with a baby. I would more than likely try to take him, especially if you have care lined up for when you get there. But I agree with Inanna Mama that it will be difficult to tell until he gets here and you know what kind of a baby he is... Good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=gradmama;11704610]Oh Inanna Mama! I WOULD be totally crushed, I can't imagine. I hope you can get things worked out. FWIW, PhD programs generally support you at a subsistence level... you would be bringing money in.... don't give up mama, you can figure it out!
/QUOTE]

Bless you and thank you for your support! We're in such a weird place right now. Have a "family business meeting" planned with DH tomorrow. Hopefully we'll make some progress.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the replies! I think I will wait to see if we think it would work with the baby. The hotel and most of the cost of being at the conference are covered by the university and since the baby would be so little, they would count as a 'lap child' and be free on the flight.

Grandma could always come out and help DP as well, part of me just thinks it would be easier to have him and not deal with pumping while traveling etc. and he'd be so little....

Inanna Mama I agree you should look into some grad programs since they do usually support you at least the bare minimum level, some even are really helpful with childcare/preschools, health insurance etc. all those really expensive things...there are also sometimes options for earning extra income on the side with tutoring (even if it's something basic like helping high schoolers write essays) or more TA'ing. I know it's definately tough though, both DP and I are in graduate school.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies! I think I will wait to see if we think it would work with the baby. The hotel and most of the cost of being at the conference are covered by the university and since the baby would be so little, they would count as a 'lap child' and be free on the flight.

Quote:
Inanna Mama I agree you should look into some grad programs since they do usually support you at least the bare minimum level, some even are really helpful with childcare/preschools, health insurance etc. all those really expensive things...there are also sometimes options for earning extra income on the side with tutoring (even if it's something basic like helping high schoolers write essays) or more TA'ing. I know it's definately tough though, both DP and I are in graduate school.
Thanks, much. For those of you living on a grad school budget (or two), would you be up for sharing what your budget looks like? I have no idea how much it would pay. Right now DH (in a math Master's program) makes around 1800/mo. That pays rent and food with a little left over. We've been making the rest of the ends meet by using savings. But that will run out soon. If I had some idea of how much we might make once he switches to PhD status and saw how others are living with that sort of salary, it sure would help my state of mind (which currently looks a little like this )

Old 07-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Right now I'm finishing my Human Subjects and the questionnaire. I didn't know I was going to be so nervous about doing interviews.
it gets better, but it definitely takes some getting used to. you'll do a great job!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
welcome Treava

Old 07-17-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie42 View Post

welcome Karrie i don't have a lot of great advice for getting work done, i found that simply giving myself small goals each day helps keep on track, hitting the small goal (20 minutes of actual writing at least 6 days a week) helps me feel like writing more throughout the day. i often work in small chunks throughout the day given the family/life stuff going on (no set daycare/childcare either), it means being very focused when i sit down to work which is sometimes (ok usually) a challenge for me

User Tag List