New here - and a few ?'s about separation anxiety - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2003, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all! I have been postign and lurking on the diapering forum since Lo suckered me into cding from another message board and wanted to introduce myself. I am 27, Dh is 28, and my first DD is 4 mo old. DD is the joy of our lives and is a securely attached child. She is sooo easy to parent and read for DH and I since we *listen* to her cues.

I just returned to work after 4 mo home with her. I was so careful (i thought) researching childcare and found a licensed in home center. Well, after a horrible bout of mastitis the first wk and concerns re the amt of attention dd was getting (she is so laidback) and the bottles of ebm she was given (she doesn't cry for food and wasn't being offered often enough) I lost it. I yanked her out ($1050 later) and am using my work backup daycare. It is in my building and I can use it indefinitely and nurse on demand.

Here is my concern - will dd start to learn that hunger =mommy and act hungry so I will come down? The 4 days at home she keeps to her normal nursing routine but the 3 days I am at work it is a tad erratic. just wondering if she will start getting a tad manipulative this way. Either way, I don't care. It is so much easier to just nurse her than to pump. also, at what age will she cry when I leave her after nursing her?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 09:39 PM

Location: Chester County, PA, but I'd rather run free amongst the sheep
Hi, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally posted by carrietorgc
Here is my concern - will dd start to learn that hunger =mommy and act hungry so I will come down? The 4 days at home she keeps to her normal nursing routine but the 3 days I am at work it is a tad erratic. just wondering if she will start getting a tad manipulative this way.
In a word, no. Your DD will learn that when she is hungry, Mommy comes. Babies don't manipulate - they communicate.

Good for you, working in a place that allows you to nurse on demand. I wish I'd worked in a place like that when DS was little.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:14 PM

I must say your current daycare situation sounds wonderful!

I agree with veggiewolf: babies aren't manipulative.

When will she start crying when you leave? I'm not sure. I think it really depends on the child.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 10-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Liz

Check out this thread. There are a lot of responses about dropping in at daycare to nurse.

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=89586

Sounds like an ideal daycare situation, nursing-wise. Your daughter is probably just off her usual schedule because of the changes. Follow her cues and you will find a routine again. Babies routines do change though so always stay open to change.

Welcome to Working Mamas!

User Tag List