Forum Jump: 

#121 of 122 Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby View Post
Oh? When did you work for them?
I didn't. They were one of the many places I wouldn't work when I lived in Florida, for the reasons I already stated.

No reason to be snarky, the thread asked for opinions, I gave mine, and my reasons.

Do you happen to live in Florida, by any chance?:

Between Disney and Hooters, I found the service industry to be intolerable, and I worked in the field for 20 years. Those 2 employers seem to have set the tone for how other employers treat their employees in Florida and helped make it hands down the worst place I ever had the misfortune to work in my life. Read some books written by people from Florida who don't like Disney and you'll find I'm not alone in this sentiment. Here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Team-Rodent-Di.../dp/0345422805

And here are more:

http://www.risep-fiu.org/reports/WDW_hidden_costs.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Married-Mouse-...ion/B0016ODGAU

The one above has many of the same complaints people have about Wal-mart. People who work for Disney have to be on food stamps to make ends meet, etc. Sounds like a fabulous place to work, and a boon to the local economy, right?

for intuitive readings click here :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 122 Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have a real opinion on the Disney Corporation as a whole. Like any other huge international company, I am sure they have policies and products I like, and policies and products I do not like. Ultimately they are a profit-driven business with many interests to balance (employees, shareholders, consumers, etc.).

But Disney World, on the other hand, I can say without doubt, I love. I love the attractions. I love the fireworks shows. I love seeing the Okapis in Animal Kingdom. I especially love all the little touches - the change in sidewalks and garbage cans from land to land (the light-up sidewalks in Epcot are my favorite), the towel animals left by "Mousekeeping" in the hotels, the candy lady in Epcot's Japan - the attention to detail is amazing. I love the well-done rides such as the safari ride or the Mission Space ride. Mostly I love watching my children enjoy the fun - the expression on my daughter's face on Goofy's barnstormer was definitely worth the price of admission.

PPs mentioned the price. A day at Disney is not cheap. But it is not out of reach for many families. We took our kids to a Broadway show during a trip to New York city - our tickets to a single show cost about the same as admission for an entire day to Disney (rides, shows, exhibits, parades, fireworks - 10 to 16 hours worth of fun).

DD and I are going to Disney World later this month with my MIL and DN (five years old). It will be DN's first time at Disney and I can't wait for her to experience the magic.

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page