Talk to me about jeans! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 47 Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* View Post
I've always wanted to try Levi's. I saw they have a "curvy" boot cut. But from what PP said, the "curvy" cut is for big hips? Bummer for me. Maybe I should try men's boot cut jeans. Then it would go with the fact that I have zero hips. Is there such thing as a low rise cut for men?
Oops, I was wrong. I wear Levis 505s for women. Here's a link to the pair I have. Lowish rise, straight leg. I got mine at Kohl's.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 01-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
Gap Long & Lean... they fit, they look great, they are slimming & flattering. I wear a size 8 now, but I've had them in every single size starting at 16 and they looked/fit great at every one.
Long and Leans used to be my fave too. But a year or so ago they changed the rise from low-rise to mid-rise and now I don't like them. I wish I'd known they were going to do that, I would have stocked up on the low-rise!

I'm currently wearing American Eagle jeans. They are okay. I'm in between sizes, so the size I'm wearing are a bit baggy, but the next size down feels too tight.

I'm another with the fabulous combination of no hips and belly pudge. Low-rise is definitely best and also why I wear jeans a bit loose (avoiding a muffin top that way).
#33 of 47 Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
crl

Anyone tried these?

http://makeyourownjeans.com/?gclid=C...FShRagodC3soVA

My hips and thighs are big compared to my waist. So I have the gap at the waist problem. I am also long through there so low-rise jeans are a disaster. And I'm 5'7" but I wear flats all the time so some jeans are too long for me.

Right now I have two pairs of jeans from Fair Indigo, one pair from Chicos and one pair from Eddie Bauer (meant to wear with heels).
#34 of 47 Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 PM

I like the Gap long and lean(also not a fan of the new version), mine are about 6 years old and I wish I had more than one pair.I also like their classic 1969 jeans. I also like the new Lee jeans and I have a pair by Ruff Hewn that I really like. I also like DKNY I believe their soho jean. I can't stand Old Navy jeans.
#35 of 47 Old 01-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
So how do these jean sizes work? What are 24, 25, etc? Is that like a waist measurement?

OK, I found this chart: http://www.jeans-and-accessories.com/jeans-sizes.html and I'm guessing it must be a waist size, and not a European size, since a lot of them end at size 29.
#36 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 AM

I like lane bryants jeans. I have a few pairs[sales and internet codes!! wooo] and they last a long time and fit well.
The new trouser style in their 'right fit' is awesome!! They have had a ton on sales recently since they are failing and will probably go bankrupt.

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

#37 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiZ View Post
I'm a currrvy gal who has the WORST time finding a decent pair of jeans LOL

The great majority of jeans, if they fit my hips they are huge in the waist and if they look like they fit my waist, there is just no way I'm getting them over my thighs/hips LOL
That describes me exactly. I finally found the perfect jeans this summer and figured that the $90 was worth it instead of always buying cheaper ones that don't fit properly. Especially when I get rid of them because they don't fit well and end up buying new ones that don't fit. Anyway my perfect jeans are Silver Suki. : I LOVE them. I'm not constantly pulling them up and I can even bend down without worrying about them popping out. I also recently purchased the curvy fit jeans from Lands End and I'm really impressed with them.

I like that neither of these jeans are stretchy. I find that strechy jeans are usually still too tight in the thighs but not tight enough in the waist. Since there's nothing really holding them up, they tend to slip down a lot and I'm constantly pulling them up - unless I wear a belt which I don't always like to do.

Gillian - Wife to an amazing DH, Mother to 5 wonderful kiddos.
#38 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 AM

I like Mudd. But it's hard to find them in the larger sizes. (And by large, I mean 11/13

Whatever I get though, HAS TO BE flared. I have larger thighs and a ghetto booty, so I feel less self-conscious about my thighs since the flares kinda balance it all out.
#39 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 AM

I have a nice butt and nice legs, in proportion to the rest of my body (which is not so very nice at all). I have a large stomach and I find that once I find jeans to accomodate my tummy, the legs and butt are HUGE.

Any CHEAP jeans I should consider? Under $50? I'm sure that those $110 jeans are just wonderful but there is no point since I keep losing weight.
#40 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 AM

I have trouble finding jeans that fit too.
I have a long torso but short legs, so my waist is small and my thighs are quite muscular. My legs and waist aren't in proportion at all.
This means that most jeans are either big enough to fit over my thighs and hips, but way too long and way too big around the waist, OR fit around the waist but are super tight around my thighs and too short.
I've tried lots of different brands. Oddly enough (though I really dislike Forever 21 in general) the best fitting pair of jeans I have is a pair I got at forever 21 about 4 or 5 years ago.
Oh, and if anyone with a similar body type has any jeans recommendations, I will GLADLY accept them!
#41 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermama View Post
I cannont stand Old Navy jeans - mainly because after one wash, even if I hang dry them (which I do with all of my jeans), they turn out funky and just don't fit right anymore!

This hasn't been my experience at all. I LOVE the Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans. And I'm happy that they consistently fit me. I've had them in 10, 8 and now 6.

I just ran across this write up too - scroll down to the "Stuff I Love" 1/26 entry. Talks about the jeans and how there are different cuts/fits for different shapes.

I've also had good luck with jeans from Banana Republic. A bit pricey, even on sale, but if you figure out cost per wear then you get your money's worth.

Good luck.

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)
#42 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliviasmom View Post
I like Mudd.
Oh, me too. And LEI. Both run true to size. Hollister is still my fav, though.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#43 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM

"THE JEANS" for me are my Baby Phat jeans. There are no others that even come close!

Hollisters are my 2nd fave.
#44 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy444 View Post
This hasn't been my experience at all. I LOVE the Old Navy Sweetheart Jeans. And I'm happy that they consistently fit me. I've had them in 10, 8 and now 6.

I just ran across this write up too - scroll down to the "Stuff I Love" 1/26 entry. Talks about the jeans and how there are different cuts/fits for different shapes.

I've also had good luck with jeans from Banana Republic. A bit pricey, even on sale, but if you figure out cost per wear then you get your money's worth.

Good luck.

"the flirt" is exactly what I have from ON and despise. They are my last resort jeans when all of my other ones are in the hamper. I have tried on the "sweatheart" style but it seems like I'm inbetween a size 8 and 6 for this particular cut.
#45 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermama View Post
"the flirt" is exactly what I have from ON and despise. They are my last resort jeans when all of my other ones are in the hamper. I have tried on the "sweatheart" style but it seems like I'm inbetween a size 8 and 6 for this particular cut.
I have "the flirt" and "the diva." They are both horrible. My butt just hangs out of both.
As for your size and that cut, it is so erratic that if you try on 2-3 different pairs of jeans in the exact same cut and size they will fit totally different. I can't stand Old Navy jeans, but I am so cheap that I always keep going back.:

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#46 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 04:52 PM

Levis fit me better than anything I've tried so far, but I honestly have never found any that fit perfectly. I can at least get Levis long enough and not too huge in the legs. I've been all sizes from 7 to 20 and have never found jeans that fit right. Fat or thin, it's difficult to find jeans long enough or with waist to hip proportions that work for me.

I loathe Lees. They make a funny pooch in the front I can't stand.

Most brands are way too short in the crotch and the waist is not in proportion to my hips, and/or the thighs and legs are huge if they fit everywhere else.

for intuitive readings click here :
#47 of 47 Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Buckle! I love my BKE jeans. They stay where they are supposed to and don't stretch out beyond recognition. And I think they last way way longer than Luckys- for almost half the price. Vanity jeans aren't too bad- but they just don't stay as nice looking as the BKE ones. I loathe Maurices jeans. They are the worst! They stretch out, wash weird, and I just plain hate them.

My curvy sister swears that Levis are the only ones that fit her- and they look awesome on her too! Me- no curves so they look like butt on me.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page