Can someone help me plan a trip?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if the internet makes things harder or easier to plan!! Sometimes I think I'd be better off going to the library and doing it the old fashioned way, but anyway, I'm trying to plan a family vacation.

My family consists of me, dh, 7 yo ds and 5 yo dd. We'd be going mid-late April I believe (we're flexible). We live in NE IA and the one place that I know I want to go is the Creation Museum which is 7 miles from Cincinnati's airport. We want to be gone about a week. Our budget is about $1500-$1700. We're not the type of people who are into theme parks so much as we love being outdoors, enjoying nature. Simple things. Waterparks are fine, but I don't want that to be the whole trip!

I've looked at websites for the Smokies and the Applachian Mountains. I was to the Shenandoah River Valley years ago and remember always wanting to return there, but is there enough for us to do?! I was on a bus trip passing through on our way to Washington D.C.

Anyone have any great vacation ideas??

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM

Are you planning on driving or flying? Are you for sure going to the Creation Musuem?

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM

a fun camping trip in the mountains!

Katie
#4 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM

I think most water parks open on Memorial Day, which isn't until the end of May, so unless you plan on going pretty far south I don't think that is going to work out...
#5 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

We're driving.

Yes, the Creation Museum is a definite.

The waterpark wasn't that I necessarily wanted to do that; just that that's about as crazy as we get as far as how many people to be around. Does that make sense?! We're not DisneyWorld people I guess you'd say.

Camping in the mountains sounds fun, but where? Which part?? Smokies??

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
#6 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 PM

I don't know! I have never spent any time in that part of the States. Maybe someone else will have a good idea...the Smokies sound nice!

I love the name Annika. If I have another girl someday, I want to name her Anika.

Katie
#7 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM

If you are going to be in the Cleveland area, you should check out their zoo. We were there summer 2007 and it was wonderful.

If you want to dip down into Missouri, Mastodon State historic site is a nice stop for a couple hours. (just south of St. Louis)

I've been told that Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in Kentucky and Tennessee is beautiful.

If you google a state name and map, then search for state parks alot of informtion will come up.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page