Quoted: 0 Post(s)
loved the quiz LOL

57 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 17% Dork "pure nerd"
#62 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, I am totally a nerd. In our household, it's a title of honor. Seriously, DH and I met in the "nerd dorm" at college (an honors program all housed together... we were all pretty sure it was designed to get the nerds to all breed little super-nerd babies... and it's working!) and our flag football team, which never won, was named after our program director: "Nora's Nerds"

I am also a geek and a dork, though.
#63 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 05:52 PM

I'm a nerd AND a dork

From the quiz site...

For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#64 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Here's my score:

Quote:
Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test ...

Tri-Lamb Material
74 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 61% Dork
:

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#65 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 PM

Great quiz.

48 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 57% Dork

You scored better than half in Geek and Dork, earning you the title of: Computer Savant.

People confuse you with a Nerd all of the time. You aren't some genius, like some people have said, and didn't/don't really like school all that much (and you especially hated some of the social aspects, like getting mocked). It's just that you have some passions and interests that you're extremely into/good at, and this has placed you in circles with other social outcasts, some of whom are exceptionally bright.

The awesome thing about being where you are is that you get to hang out with an elite group (though you'd probably rather be alone, or with only the closest friends and family) and you can make quite a good career for yourself in your particular specialties. Common to this group are people who are highly into electronics/computers as that is where the money lies, today.

: Well, it mostly nailed it for me.

ETA: Um. I think I somehow managed to sign up for a dating site in addition to taking the test. I didn't realize I could just take the quiz. : I think that ups my DORK score.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#66 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Fun test!

Pure Nerd
83 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 30% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#67 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post
So of course, I had to take the quiz. I thought I was a dork. Apparently I'm also a nerd which results in:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

The classic, "80's" nerd, you are what most people think of when they think "nerd," largely due to 80's movies like Revenge of the Nerds and TV shows like Head of the Class. You're exceptionally bright and smart, and partly because of that have never quite fit in with your peers or social groups. Perhaps you've realized, or will someday, that it is possible to retain all of the things that you like about being brilliant and still make peace with the social cliques around you. Or maybe you won't--it's really not necessary. As the brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda discovered, you're fine just the way you are and can take pride in that. I mean, who wants to be like Ogre, right!?

Congratulations!

I'm a little skeptical of the description because on those questions that inquired about my intelligence, I said I was average.

I am not brilliant.

ETA: Going by this definition:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

I would have labeled myself as an uneducated Nerd (with a bit of dorkiness thrown in).

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#68 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Don't remember our scores, but dh and my labels came from the quiz too. I'm a nerd (I still think of Hermione Granger--always going to a reference book for an answer) and dh is a geek.

DH window shops (and occasionally buys stuff) on www.thinkgeek.com for fun. Just for example.
#69 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I'm not allowed to call him a geek - that was a carnival performer who bit the heads off live chickens. Or a dork - that's a whale's penis.
I came here to post that.

Oh, and the quiz labeled me "pure nerd". I guess I picked a good sn.

I love being a nerd.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#70 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Love the test! Going to forward it on to my DH now.

I'm pure nerd, according to that!

83% Nerd, 13% Geek and 35% Dork!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#71 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 PM

grrrrr . . . I do the whole test and then I have to come up with a screen name and give out an e-mail address . . . I hate that stuff. I can't handle any more spam !
#72 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Okay, what did I do wrong. My test results didn't show any percentages.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#73 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 PM

When I was a kid I jumped off the top bunk bed a few times to see if I could curtsey on the way down like Alice does when she falls down the rabbit hole. Does that make me a nerd? (I think it does.)
#74 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
According to that quiz, I'm a Pure Nerd.

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#75 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM

As I always suspected, I am 91% nerd with a smidge of geek and dork thrown in for good measure.

Me , 36 year old RN and future AP mom in training . I am wife to one wonderful husband and "mom" to one great rescue pup :.
#76 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM

PurityLake...you and I are the Trilambs together!!! I knew it!!! Nerdy Dorks unite!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#77 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh, I am *definitely* a dork!
#78 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 PM

I'd done that test before, but forgotten about it, so I did it again:

I got Pure Nerd...

74% Nerd, 39% Geek, 48% Dork

Despite being rated as "pure nerd", the below commentary suggests I'm pretty close to being equally dorky:

You scored 74% on nerdiness, higher than 83% of your peers.
55/100 You scored 39% on geekosity, higher than 55% of your peers.
82/100 You scored 48% on dork points, higher than 82% of your peers.

(I don't have the energy for true geekiness, although I was probably more of a geek when I was younger. I need to get fired up about something to go into geek mode, and I haven't been that focused in a long time.)

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#79 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 11:40 PM

LOVED the test!

I am:

"Modern, cool nerd"

83 % Nerd, 74% Geek, 43% Dork

AWESOME!

Funny story, last week I went to get some pizzas (the take-and-bake) and after I ordered, I asked how long it would be. She told me 5 minutes so I ran back to the car and grabbed by copy of Animal Farm (George Orwell) so I could pass the time. I'm NEVER w/o a book (or 2).

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#80 of 114 Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
Funny story, last week I went to get some pizzas (the take-and-bake) and after I ordered, I asked how long it would be. She told me 5 minutes so I ran back to the car and grabbed by copy of Animal Farm (George Orwell) so I could pass the time. I'm NEVER w/o a book (or 2).
I am these days, because I'm not organized enough to always remember to throw one in my bag (or I think there's one in there, but ds2 has pulled it out or something). I do still feel...off..when I don't have a book, though.

I don't do non-fiction much, though. I just find most of it that I've tried has been written in an unbelievably unreadable way.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#81 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 12:31 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaj71 View Post
grrrrr . . . I do the whole test and then I have to come up with a screen name and give out an e-mail address . . . I hate that stuff. I can't handle any more spam !
You can just leave those blank. I did.

I know there is (or was) another very similar version of the quiz out there somewhere that is not affiliated to a dating site, but when I went googling, that one was the one I could find.

I figured a bunch of nerds could figure out how to take a quiz without signing up for a dating service.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#82 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 AM

According to the test, I'm a Pure Nerd.
#83 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
LOVED the test!

I am:

"Modern, cool nerd"

83 % Nerd, 74% Geek, 43% Dork

AWESOME!

: I won't buy a handbag without making sure it will hold all my things plus a moderately sized book. Of course now I don't carry a handbag, just a diaperbag. :

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#84 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I looked them up on urbandictionary and nerd said "One whose IQ exceeds his weight." LOL, I guess I am a big nerd.
Oh, my IQ is more than double of my weight, I'm a total nerd then.
So is my dear, and probably all our kids too.

Brilliant test.
Quote:
Modern, Cool Nerd

91 % Nerd, 52% Geek, 19% Dork

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#85 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Oh, my IQ is more than double of my weight.
What is your IQ???

Gone but not fogotten.
#86 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
What is your IQ???

Oh, I just realised, you use pounds. We use kg. here, so my 57 or something kg. are like 126 pounds. (But I meant more than double of my weight in kg.)

My IQ is abowe the Mensa requirement, and here that means abowe 130.
(I'm not sure if that's the same in every country.)

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#87 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Oh, I just realised, you use pounds. We use kg. here, so my 57 or something kg. are like 126 pounds. (But I meant more than double of my weight in kg.)

My IQ is abowe the Mensa requirement, and here that means abowe 130.
(I'm not sure if that's the same in every country.)
Yeah, Mensa is the same here (130+ for the SB).

Oh, and I'm totally going to use kg now. I can tell people my IQ is more than triple my weight. Shhh... we won't tell

Gone but not fogotten.
#88 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
: I won't buy a handbag without making sure it will hold all my things plus a moderately sized book. Of course now I don't carry a handbag, just a diaperbag. :

I went straight from backpack to diaper bag. So fashionable.

#89 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Mensa is the same here (130+ for the SB).

Oh, and I'm totally going to use kg now. I can tell people my IQ is more than triple my weight. Shhh... we won't tell
Brilliant, isn't it.

#90 of 114 Old 03-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I looked them up on urban dictionary and nerd said "One whose IQ exceeds his weight." LOL, I guess I am a big nerd.

Well, that's not fair. My IQ is half my weight.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page