Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Talk Amongst Ourselves (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/)
-   -   the 2-headed baby girl died (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/113842-2-headed-baby-girl-died.html)

Elphaba 02-07-2004 04:57 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/07....ap/index.html

so so sad. those poor parents.

ebethmom 02-07-2004 05:01 PM

Oh, how sad. I had been reading about that little baby, and hoping that she would lead a happy, normal life.

DreamsInDigital 02-07-2004 05:27 PM

What a tragedy. I was praying the doctors would be able to save her.

village idiot 02-07-2004 05:50 PM

I just heard about this baby today. It's so sad. I was hoping she would make it.

Monkey 02-07-2004 06:06 PM

my mom just told me about that little girl yesterday.
the dr and fam most feel terrible.
well she is in the heavens now, where god will love her and look after her..

my heart goes out to them.

flminivanmama 02-07-2004 06:17 PM

oh no so much sad news lately - I'm having a hard time coping with it all

Ms.Doula 02-07-2004 06:20 PM

Praying for YHWH's Peace to fill her family...........

PuppyFluffer 02-07-2004 06:51 PM

OH how very very sad.

I prayed that she would live. What a beautiful little girl she was! So sad!!!!!!!!

hvl25 02-07-2004 06:59 PM

How sad

MamaBug 02-07-2004 07:47 PM

makes my heart break

Parker'smommy 02-07-2004 08:34 PM

So sad.....My heart goes out to the family...they must feel terrible....I just dont know what I would do in their shoes...must have been such a difficult decsion.

SpringRain 02-07-2004 08:41 PM

My heart goes out to her family. She was about the same age as my dd.

hotmamacita 02-07-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Parker'smommy
So sad.....My heart goes out to the family...they must feel terrible....I just dont know what I would do in their shoes...must have been such a difficult decsion.
My thoughts exaclty. I too will be praying fo their family and the doctors who wanted to help.

Peace,

SpiralWoman 02-07-2004 10:03 PM

So sad. But what a medical miracle that they could even try to save her, or that her mother didn't die in childbirth. I was really surprised when they said she had died bcz I get so used to these amazing surgeries working.

TiredX2 02-07-2004 10:45 PM

Oh, that is just so sad

XM 02-07-2004 10:46 PM

nak.. i am so saddened by this. there was a pic in the PI thursday that showed her sweet face... can't fnd the link now. she was a beautiful baby... reminded me a little of xiola.

my heart goes out to her family. i had so hoped rebeca would thrive after the surgery...

SamuraiEarthMama 02-08-2004 02:56 AM

there's a picture with this story.

katje

charmarty 02-08-2004 05:14 AM

This story hits so close to home for me.That poor poor baby.
I feel so sad for all involved.

I didnt know til i read this here.

My twins were called Monoamnoitic. Which means they were in the same amnoitic sac. Evan though they are in fact identical twins,they should still have seperate amnion sacs. Identical twinning happens when one egg splits.The longer it takes to split,the more likelthood of the twins staying conjoined.It was estimated my girls seperated as much a s2 weeks after conception. Had it taken much longer even by an hour they would have been conjoined.Hence the amniotic sac not fully developing.This causes a very low survival rate through the pregnancy as one or both twins life could be lost at any given point due to the cord entangling themselved,or the babies having the cords strangulate them.When my children were born,there were 6 visible knotts of the umbilical cords knotted together.They doc said if htey had been any longer int he womb we would have easily lost both of them.
Many ppl with momo twins sadly loose one or both babies.This momo birth only happens in 1% out of every IDENTICAL twinning.Very rare as comjoined twins are.
Most ppl seem to think the danger is mostly when these children are born,but with conjoined twins and momo twins the risk of death is extriemly high.Each baby born is a miracle in itsself.
Children who are born in these and any other difficult circumstances are true warriors.Thier fight starts even before entering this world.