The "I love facebook" tribe - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not had much luck with facebook. I keep it because my kids will be in college soon, and it's a good way for me to see what they are up to and see what goes on it the teen world, kind of like being a fly on the wall.

I joined to see if I could get in contact with any friends from school, as I have moved over a 1000 miles away. Found one friend.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM

I Love facebook-I'm a big farmville fan. It's nice to say howdy to people I haven't talked to in literally 20 years, and easier than phone calls when I am busy with the house, etc.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I tried so hard to avoid the Facebook scene, but I was sucked in about 3 weeks ago after finding a long lost friend. Since then, I've almost completely switched from MySpace to Facebook, because it's so much more active, and I've also been sucked into Farmville, YoVille and especially Mafia Wars. I check it several times a day (especially since I realized I can check it on my phone when I'm supposed to be working. Anyone wanna be my friend on Facebook, just pm me and I'll give you my name to add.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 PM

I do play farmville and farm town on facebook.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 AM

I adore facebook and am not quite sure if I'd survive w/o it! I joined up when I moved away from my grad program to stay in touch with all my friends there, but have since found, or been found by, family, friends from high school, etc. I love to see what my grad school friends are up to (esp since I'm on maternity leave and spend more time making lunches and changing diapers than writing my thesis). I also get a lot of invites to events for the nearby homeschool community. Oh, and I might play a few of the games... FB is how I feel connected to the rest of the world. We still don't know many people where we are, Dh is gone a lot for work and school, and there aren't many unschoolers in our area, so fb helps me feel like I get a little adult conversation during the day w/o the inconvenience of having to get out of my pajamas.

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
Old 10-05-2009, 02:29 AM

love FB!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 AM

I <3 FB too. I play Farmvile, a couple of the aquarium games and now I'm playing Cafe world. I also like chatting there and getting into heady discussions about everything from homeschooling to global politics to fat activism.

I do try and avoid as much drama as possible. I use the "hide" button pretty liberally.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Didn't read all the replies... but I'm on FB too! I'm an addict to the mindless games on it that help me wind down a little after work while I'm nursing DD. lol

I play Mafia Wars, Yoville, and I'm a fan of the new Cafe world one so far.

It's also neat that I have found some people I went to high school with that are into natural parenting! I have posted some links to breastfeeding and not CIO and have gotten some really positive feedback from people. Which is pretty cool.

I also like seeing the links others post and it's sort of a news central for me. Pretty neat.

If anyone wants to friend me for "neighbors" and mafia... PM me. LOL

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM

Another FB addict here. I was sucked in by a childhood friend and I check it all the time. It is nice to be able to get back in contact with friends/family on a regular basis. I am also addicted to Farmtown, Farmville and am currently doing Restaurant City.
If anyone needs a neighbor for Farmville, pm me.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:36 PM

I love FB. But I am a major geek addicted to Fairyland and GemBlitz. And I LOVE hearing from my friends, except when the Republicans post something hateful. I hide those.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jennifer-- you're on Facebook?!?!? Friend me! Friend me!!!!

Wait, are we friends already?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 AM

Fb addict here too. Dar, you knew eventually I'd forsake myspace.

I love fb because it's literally the only place I will ever have all of my friends together in one spot. I have a strangely eclectic group of friends irl. I love getting in touch with old friends too.

One thing that strikes me as really nice is that I've been friended by a lot of my 17yo dd's irl friends. They chat with me a lot, I guess I'm the grownup they feel comfortable going to with stuff. It gives me warm fuzzies and I love them. Feels like I've got about 15 kids though. lol

Probably the biggest thing is that I'm the absolute worst at keeping in touch with people too. FB has solved that problem.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:47 AM

I just started playing Cafe world,too. It's really the last thing I needed to do, I already have enough Facebook timesucks, but oh well.

PM me if you need neighbors for anything

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Love FB too.
It's all about yoville for me.

autismribbon.gif

Old 10-08-2009, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post

I do try and avoid as much drama as possible. I use the "hide" button pretty liberally.
Harumph! That explains a few things!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Not you, Viola! More like the family members I can't unfriend or it would be High Family Drama.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 AM

Can I join

Ok I'm not really SHY, I have 205 friends on facebook. Though some of those friends have closer to 1000, which is just crazy. I don't KNOW all 205 people, I have some of lovely online friends, a good chunk of IRL friends, but most of them are "friends" from high school.

But I still love it. And I'm there, all the freakin time.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 AM

I love Facebook! Most of my friends and family are in other states or out of town, and I have a hard time keeping in touch with people anyway. I also have old highschool and college and childhood friends on there, and message board friends, and church friends. So for me, FB is perfect for keeping in touch with people I love! The politics can get interesting, but mostly I avoid posting stuff about politics, except sometimes jokes. I played Sorority Life for a bit when I was staying up all night with a gassy newborn, but once that phase passed I deleted it off of my computer and FB completely and blocked it. I also block all of those games off of my FB news feed. Recently I posted my cold and flu tonic recipe (master tonic) and it went viral in my group, so that was awesome! It's also so much easier to share photos with everyone this way. I always mark my photos for friends only to view, though.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM

Rain is in Russia? You must friend my darlink ... you never know when we'll find ourselves heading to the same part of the city....

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Jennifer-- you're on Facebook?!?!? Friend me! Friend me!!!!

Wait, are we friends already?
I think we talked about it but never actually did it.
I DO need more MDC mamas on my friends' list. You all can help me balance out my idiot SIL and her soon to be preemie, circ'd son - my nephew.
Come experience my family drama!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

I love FB as well. I would love to talke on the phone with some ppl tho..
It's been a great venue & have found many old & new pals.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 PM

The yoville players will appreciate this... lol I think by next week I will finally have saved up enough coins to buy the Cape Cod house! I've been wanting to buy a house on there forever, but have been lacking in discipline on saving monies. I only need like 2000 more now!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 10-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
The yoville players will appreciate this... lol I think by next week I will finally have saved up enough coins to buy the Cape Cod house! I've been wanting to buy a house on there forever, but have been lacking in discipline on saving monies. I only need like 2000 more now!
Woohoo!! Congrats.
I've been seriously considering the new spooky house.

autismribbon.gif

User Tag List