I had a strange experience tonight - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I just felt like sharing it!

Earlier this evening I was going to bake something so I turned on the oven. And for some reason this thought came into my head---My head said wow it would really suck if the oven blew up right now. And then I pictured myself getting blown back across the kitchen. And I was wondering who would take care of my kids while I laid on the floor unconscious.

Crazy, I know. What a weird random morbid thing to be thinking. So I just sort of chuckled at my crazy self.

And then I heard this huge loud WHOOOOOOOSH sound and THE FREAKING OVEN DOOR BLEW OPEN AND THE WHOLE OVEN SHOOK AND THE WHOLE KITCHEN SHOOK TOO!!!!!!!!

I jumped or was jolted? a few feet into the air. Luckily I had already stepped off to the side of the oven and the door didn't get me. I smelled gas and quickly turned the oven back off and called the gas co.

They sent someone out and it's fixed now. Something had come loose or was off--I can't remember the name of the part.

But it was FREAKY. And so strange that I had just pictured something very similar in my head right before it happened. I'm still a little jittery.
#2 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 12:41 AM

Yikes!!!! I'm so glad that you are ok! I get premonitions, too. It's freaky when they come true!
#3 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 AM

That gave me the chills!
I'm glad you are okay.

:Mama to 2 :
#4 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 AM

Wow, that is so freaky and LUCKY!! I am so glad you are okay.
#5 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are so lucky that you had a premonition! Wow, I am so glad you are safe.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#6 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 02:11 AM

I had the same thing once when I was driving. For some reason I thought about having an accident and then I went round a bend in the road and a car was pulling out. Because I had been thinking about it I was prepared to break quickly. I still think I would have slammed right into that car if it hadn't been for that.

It's complicated.
#7 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 02:18 AM

I have had similar experiences usually involving driving and unfortunatly it comes true. So I am very cautious about driving when I have one.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#8 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! Glad you're okay!
#9 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow, how freaky! I'm glad you're OK!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#10 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 04:10 PM

I bet you could smell faint traces of gas and your subconscious let you know. I've had similar things happen. I remember being told in grade school during sex-ed that you could get pregnant before you ever got your first menses because you ovulated before you started bleeding. Now I was 11, never even kissed a boy, but I kept having the thought that I shouldn't have sex because I didn't want to be pregnant. I got my first period shortly after. I think my body was telling me I was going to start.
#11 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I am glad you are okay. I had that with driving too. For about 2 weeks while i drove i kept hearing a screech of tires and then i would feel a bump. Me and dd were driving to her pre-k registration and it happened - same screech, and the impact felt just as i had imagined.
#12 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
I bet you could smeel faint traces of gas and your subconscious let you know. I've had similar things happen. I remember being told in grade school during sex-ed that you could get pregnant before you ever got your first menses because you ovulated before you started bleeding. Now I was 11, never even kissed a boy, but I kept having the thought that I shouldn't have sex because I didn't want to be pregnant. I got my first period shortly after. I think my body was telling me I was going to start.
Right on!
I'm glad you're o.k!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#13 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM

how bizarre!

hh2.gif

#14 of 17 Old 11-07-2009, 05:25 PM

Now you should really trust yourself and your intuition, and know that you better listen to it!
#15 of 17 Old 11-08-2009, 03:30 AM

Glad you are OK. That must have been a very interesting experience (even though scary and dangerous).

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#16 of 17 Old 11-08-2009, 06:06 PM

How scary!

I am glad you are ok!

Not all those who wander are lost 
#17 of 17 Old 11-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Wow! These sorts of experiences always amaze me (and freak me out a bit too).

Once DD was taking a nap upstairs and I was downstairs showering, she was just under a year old. All of a sudden I got this image in my head of her falling down the stairs, and I just KNEW it was going to happen. I shut off the water and ran naked into the living room... and caught her right before she hit the tile floor. Apparently, the baby gate had broken. I am so glad that I listened to my gut then!

I'm glad you're not hurt and that your oven is fixed now!

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page