Do you go out in your pajamas?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No. But thats probably because I am a gown kinda girl and not PJs. I get too hot sleeping in PJs. However, I will and have gone out braless before.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 PM

Sometimes in winter I will throw some boots and a coat on over my jammies (like to check on something outside or something). A few times last summer I went outside in the middle of the night to yell at some kids making noise in my courtyard.. but even then I put a robe on first.

JUST my jammies? No.
#63 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Out in public no. Out in my yard to pick something out of the garden or to chill with the kids, yes.
#64 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 07:21 PM

Sunday morning is our "pj drive" morning. All 3 of us get into dp's car in our pj's and we go get some breakfast (drive thru to bring home) and a paper. Ahhhh..... it's mama's morning to relax. I love it and ds gets a kick out of it

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#65 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'll take out the trash or run out to the car but actually going out to the store or something? NO WAY, looks trashy to me like they were to lazy to even bother to get dressed. Yeah I could see if its obvious there sick or something but just as regular clothes? umm, no.

Seriously?
#66 of 79 Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 PM

No. I send my kids out to get the mail if I'm still in my jammies! I had to answer the door to sign for a package the other morning. I had to just pretend that I had real clothes on.
#67 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
No. But thats probably because I am a gown kinda girl and not PJs. I get too hot sleeping in PJs. However, I will and have gone out braless before.
I go out braless all the time...

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#68 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 AM

Yes, I do, usually. I'm not particularly thrilled with it, but I can't afford to get any new clothes right now. (I *did* miraculously find a pair in my size at Good Will and snatched them up, but I only wear them to more "important" places so they don't get ruined.) They're knit with plaid, so it's not too bad I hope.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#69 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
You tart!

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#70 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'll drive my kids to school in my PJs. Which means I'm never outside in PJs, because the car is parked in the garage.

Well, I'll pick up the news paper from the drive way in my PJs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#71 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM

No way! I like to be properly dressed when I go out. Occasionally I will go to the store in jeans and a sweater, without doing much to my hair or face(after waking up) and I feel weird about that. I like to be showered and freshly dressed, and I feel naked without earrings.

Happiness despite misery is a great victory, I think...

caffix.gifSingle coffee loving and making mom to fencing.gifds, age 12, hamster.jpg dd, age 10, dog2.gif dd, age 7, flowerkitty.giftigress, cat.gifquinn, hyena.gifblack cat, and wool.gif beatrice the spider. Yeeehawww!!!

#72 of 79 Old 11-11-2009, 12:50 PM

I happily go out in pjs. I sleep in a tshirt and yoga pants or pj pants. If it's just a quick trip to the store, I'd definitely go in pjs....just toss a fleece or jacket on top and off I go. I also don't mind being seen out around my house in pjs.
That said, I generally toss on jeans and a bra for most trips out of the house. When I was in college, I rarely wore pjs to class, but it did happen sometimes if I wasn't feeling great. I think as long as your pjs aren't super sloppy or skimpy, there's no problem leaving the house in them.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#73 of 79 Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
I guess that is is obligatory we have a male comment on something like that.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#74 of 79 Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm a big fan of PJs, and if I don't have to leave the house then I might end up in them all day.

But, no, I *never* wear them in public - it's almost as bad in my mind as going out in my undies (which I also never do! )

But everyone else round here seems to think PJs are perfectly acceptable to wear out and about round the town (especially with Uggs - must be some kind of fashion statement...)

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#75 of 79 Old 11-13-2009, 07:48 PM

#76 of 79 Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 AM

No way. Never. I don't even like to lounge at home in my pajamas. I almost always get up and take a shower and do hair/makeup before DH leaves for work in the a.m., and if that doesn't happen, I set my baby up with a snack in her highchair in the bathroom while I shower Even when I'm postpartum, I like to at least be showered and dressed (sweats or yoga pants in that case) every morning.

I have accidentally gone out in my slippers though. They are clog-types with soles and I've gone to take my son to karate or to go to the grocery store before I look down and realize I never changed into real shoes At least they're black fleece clogs, and not something glaringly obvious as slippers like big bunnies .

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#77 of 79 Old 11-14-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrabella View Post
Where is your sense of adventure.
It's in the metaphorical bedroom.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#78 of 79 Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM

Out in public no, but when I'm checking the mail, taking the dog, letting the dog back in, or setting or retrieving the trash can yes.
#79 of 79 Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 AM

In my 20's in Seattle my boyfriend and I used to go grocery shopping, to the movie store, gas station...wherever in our PJ's AND slippers. I have not done that in ages and I have no idea why we thought that was appropriate to do back then.

is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page