you can never go wrong with a..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2009, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All we are giving our extended family members for x-mas is a professional photo portrait our our dc. I think its the perfect gift! Our dc are making ornaments out of clay to give all the people who usually give them gifts. We were thinking about NOT putting the photo in a frame though. For the past 3 years, we have included a frame with the photo, so I assume they all have enough frames. It this tacky? should we put the photo in a frame?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yes I would do a frame. Even if its a simple black one or something. They can switch it out if they want a different one.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:38 PM

I would prefer not to receive a frame. I only have so much space and I tend to put the newest photo on top of the older photos. I'd probably give on though because some how the gift seems incomplete without a frame. Maybe you could just ask the recipients?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annekevdbroek View Post
I would prefer not to receive a frame. I only have so much space and I tend to put the newest photo on top of the older photos. I'd probably give one though because some how the gift seems incomplete without a frame. Maybe you could just ask the recipients?
That. I wouldn't want to get one but I'd probably give one unless I knew the recipient felt the same way.

Mom to (5) (9)
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Definitely put it in a frame. And please pick one that fits THEIR taste, not necessarily yours
We have gotten so many frames that are so not us, my in-laws have also received several frames that are very bulky/gaudy which is not their style either...

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 PM

My mom used to give photos in folders made of cardstock. Cheaper than a frame, but still something to put the picture in. Maybe a good compromise?

FWIW, I wouldn't mind getting just a picture without a frame. But I tend to use the frames I have and change out the photos every so often.

Librarian, Blogger, Book Reviewer, Mama
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Paper frames made from card stock so that ppl can go buy their own or put it in front of last year's card.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 AM

Please no frames! t drives me nuts when people give me framed photos of their kids. I love my nephews and am glad to get an annual portrait, but I don't display many photos and I don't need a zillion frames. I end up giving away about 5 frames every couple of years, and have to store them in the meantime.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

OP here: I think we will go w/ no frames then. Thanks for you input.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post
Please no frames! t drives me nuts when people give me framed photos of their kids. I love my nephews and am glad to get an annual portrait, but I don't display many photos and I don't need a zillion frames. I end up giving away about 5 frames every couple of years, and have to store them in the meantime.
Agreed. No frames. We have limited space. Which my own kid pictures are taking up already.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Oh I like getting frames.

Not all those who wander are lost 

User Tag List