Would you change your phone number? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2009, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by velochic View Post
OK, I didn't know if I should mention it or not, but... thing is... I'm also a LLL leader. I have caller ID, but I never know when it's a legit call, KWIM?

ARGH! It's so frustrating. What to do, what to do. I can hold out for a few more months, but I can't turn off the ringer.
I've known Leaders who let the machine get most of their calls, and have a message on the machine saying when they are available to return calls. And I know that quite a few Leaders don't answer the phone after they go to bed, and may have their ringers off on their bedroom phones. So it's not really that unusual, though I understand that you might not feel that comfortable doing that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by velochic View Post
When I went in to talk to the HR manager, ... He gave me his number and told me to keep him updated, but I guess I need to at least give him the benefit of the doubt that he is going to address the issue.
So, why not pass his number along to every person that calls you. Perhaps he will get fed up and get the problem fixed.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would try to ride it out. Every time someone called in sick I would get their name and report it to the HR guy (as well as tell them it's a wrong number) so maybe he can trace it back.

Another weird phone number coincidence. My in-laws live in Alaska. My MIL has lived there her whole life as has her mother, and hers before that. We live in CO. Their phone number is 907-###-####. Our local hospitals main line is 970-###-####. They get calls all the time from worried family members. Their answering machine is You have reached *****, Alaska, not ****, CO

User Tag List