So long, 2009. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2009, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2009 is the year that my marriage ended. many good things have resulted, but also many very crappy things. and my marriage ended. have i mentioned that? six years of my life. now he's moved on and i'm so, so lonely. i didn't think the holidays would be this hard. i don't miss him, i just miss having someone around. being alone all the time sucks.

i really hope things take off in 2010. for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
My six-year-old is barfing and I had to cancel our gingerbread house making party tomorrow. It's as if 2009 heard us.
that sucks.....

Maybe we should type smaller and 2009 won't be able to hear us anymore.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Well, the power steering went out on the van today WHILE I was driving. Luckily I didn't hit the truck in the other lane while I couldn't turn left. I got it home ok but we're in the middle of a massive ice storm and the ONE gift we have for the 20mo old (a wooden kitchen gifted to us by a friend) is at their house and THEIR van just broke down yesterday!

Is it over yet?!?!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Old 12-24-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
that sucks.....

Maybe we should type smaller and 2009 won't be able to hear us anymore.

Yeah, at the point I feel like 2009 is just flipping me the bird. But I'll have the last laugh, because 2010 will be here soon and 2009 can't do a dang thing about it. So HAH! Screw you, 2009!!!!

Along that vein, my second kid started puking around 9:30. Each kid lasted about 12 hours. And then my MIL saw FB and felt the need to call at 8 AM when DH and I were finally getting some sleep. GAH!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 12-24-2009, 12:25 PM

My yesterday -

Huge, terrible financial issues at work, might need to lay off more people

An employee had his house robbed while at work. His teen DD "forget" to lock the door. Everyone suspects it was her friends that committed the crime.

An employee that we laid off showed up with his two little boys and (pregnant) wife to ask for his job back. It was heartbreaking, there isn't anything we can do for him.

(I know I am fortunate to have a job when so many don't, being on the other side of it is easier financially but so hard emotionally.)

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post
An employee that we laid off showed up with his two little boys and (pregnant) wife to ask for his job back. It was heartbreaking, there isn't anything we can do for him.
OMG I can't handle that!!!! Are his little boys going to get to have a Christmas? How absolutely heartbreaking! I can understand why you feel awful!!!! ETA: not trying to make you feel worse, just sympathizing!

To everyone, I am so sorry for all of the heartbreak and fear and pain. Here's hoping that out of the ashes of the old year new blessings and opportunities will come rising like a phoenix.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

User Tag List