Do you flush in the middle of the night? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you flush in the wee hours?
Yes of course! 68 29.06%
No, too loud! 155 66.24%
Other, Chamber pot, Outhouse, etc... 11 4.70%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I oscillate. The noise definitely disturbs my kid, but at the same time, being pregnant, I pee a million times at night and think it's gross to use the toilet that much and not flush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 69 Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM

We don't flush at all unless it's something other than just pee, or it's been about 24 hours and the bowl is getting full
#63 of 69 Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM

Yes and no. No, b/c if I've only peed once, I don't flush it. However, being a 28 week pregnant woman, I pee multiple times per night. Eventually, it needs to be flushed even though it's only pee.

I do flush the toilet on the first floor after each time b/c I wouldn't want someone dropping by unexpectedly and using a toilet with my pee in it. I don't flush the upstairs bathrooms every time, but I usually only use the master bathroom upstairs.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#64 of 69 Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 AM

During the night, I don't flush. Dh does, and it drives me crazy. LOL
#65 of 69 Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 PM

We recently moved and the new house is in the country, we're now a "If it's yellow, let it mellow" household. If someone flushes in the middle of the night, they better have a darn good excuse because the pump starts everytime someone flushes and it's obviously very close to my bedroom because it's so loud I can't hear my TV clearly during the day when it goes, so it wakes me up for sure. No way could I handle dealing with that all night. We generally don't flush after pee except for when the TP starts to pile up and we don't want to plug the pipes, or after poos or that time of the month for me.

lady.gif Kaitlyn,partners.gif Sweetheart To My Prince Charming reading.gif & Mama To My Fur-baby flowerkitty.gif
#66 of 69 Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 AM

I don't flush at night. Not because the toilet is loud but because I pee a thousand times at night and it wastes water.
#67 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 AM

I'm so surprised at the number of non-flushers!

I flush every. single. time. I am just waaaaaayyy too grossed out by the thought of using a used toilet. No no no no no no no.

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#68 of 69 Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 PM

I flush every single time. My dh won't flush in the middle of the night. Even if he's gone # 2. That grosses me out beyond belief. So now he has a system. He will put a strip of toilet paper over the closed toilet seat to indicate that the toilet needs to be flushed by the first person in the morning who uses that particular toilet (we have three in the house). I still hate that.
#69 of 69 Old 02-07-2010, 12:48 AM

I don't flush reliably for pee, day or night. I grew up flushing whenever I used the toilet, but then became aware of the water conservation aspects, and try not to flush for just pee these days. I've never managed to fully break the habit, though. It makes no difference whether it's day or night, though. Nobody in this family is likely to be woken up that easily...maybe dh, but he'd fall right back asleep.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page