What should I do with the shoes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So two days ago, I purchased a pair of Dansko clogs at a store in my neighborhood which was selling the shoes for $15 less than I could get them online or anywhere else. They have a no-refund/exchange within 7 days policy. Or else they offer store credit that's good for 90 days. I wasn't exactly sure of my size--I knew it would be a 38 or 39. I ended up buying a size 38 in this wine color which I wasn't too thrilled with but when I got home, realized I loved. But I also realized they were a tad too tight and not fitting the way Dansko says they should. So today I went to go exchange them and they didn't have the wine color in my size. Aside for some rudeness from the manager (including sniffing the shoes I was returning), I was able to focus on what I was trying to do. So I asked what colors they did have in my size and they had white and patent leather Black--none of which I wanted. So I asked the manager if they would be getting an order within 90 days and he said they would be ordering within the next three weeks. I asked if there was any way he could make sure to include in the order a size 39 in the wine color. He insisted that he couldn't make any guarantees.

So I felt stuck. The shoes are almost $100. They're holding my $100 ransom, I start to feel. So I'm trying to stay calm and work out what could be done. I mean the customer service is terrible and I am just feeling so regretful that I didn't just buy the dang shoes online. The sales associate goes back and "miraculously" finds a pair of matte black shoes in my size. I'm looking at her like, "Are you serious?" Why were they trying to force me into buying a pair of shoes I didn't want? I'm fuming.

So I take the Black shoes, grateful for the fact that at least I got my right size in a decent color. I'm bummed because I think the shoe is really plain and the wine color would at least have been a little bit more interesting to look at. And wondering if I should have just taken the store credit in hopes that they get the color I want in the size I want within the next three weeks. I hate to have to wait but I would if I were sure they'd have them. If I do wait, there's only a chance. So I don't know.

What do you think?

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Can you keep the black for now but not wear them and then go back and ask if you can bring them in to exchange for store credit when the new shipment comes in? If they don't have your color then at least you have shoes in your size.

Also, ask to speak w/the manager or owner of the store if the people who were rude were employees and not in charge. You can tell the owner/manager that you felt the other employees were rude/unhelpful and wanted to give the store another chance before they lost your business. I always find that if you go in w/a "we all want the same thing" attitude then people will try to accomodate you.

I understand how you feel. Spending SO much money on something you don't love is pointless, if you can find some way to get what you want then you should definately try. Good luck!

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#3 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM

I have wine colored Danskos and black ones. I *love* the wine ones, but can tell you that I wear the black ones WAY more often. I vote for keeping the black ones and scouting ebay over the summer for wine colored ones in your size. I have purchased new Danskos on ebay for about half price and people sell them for less in the "off season."

Leeann, mama to 3*magic*kids: DD 1/03 DD 9/04 DS 8/06
#4 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm. . . . I put them up for sale on Craigslist for the exact price I bought them which $10-$15 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Maybe someone will buy them and I'll have the money in hand to try again! Keep your fingers crossed!

Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#5 of 7 Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM

You know honestly if you walk out of a shoe store like that with the WRONG size of shoe- that's a bad reflection on them.

European sizing isn't totally clear to most non-European people who are new to their sizing system- I believe it's the responsibility of the shoe store to properly fit you into your shoes.

If you're truly unhappy I would contact the store and try to find the owner, if the owner won't bend over backwards to make you happy with your purchase there is something VERY wrong with this shoe store.

Whatever happened to knowing your product and excelling at customer service?
#6 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

In case anyone is interested . . . I contacted Dansko directly. They agreed to take the Black shoes back and replace them with what I wanted. I'm so happy for such a (relatively) easy resolution.

#7 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 PM

That's such a good idea!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page