If you use firefox as your browser - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are your favorite add-on's? I love them and always looking for more.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 PM

I don't use any add ons. I figure it is simpler that way.

But I am interested to see what others say!

I am astoundingly lucky! Mother to my beloved child since 01/06/07. Fighting cancer since 09/06/07.
#3 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

I am loving persona's right now. I have the cutest brindle boxer puppy and it looks almost like the puppy I am getting in April. I also like the colorful tabs.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Adblock Plus
AVG Safe Search
BugMeNot
Chatzilla
Colorful Tabs
DictionarySearch
DownThemAll
Facebook Dislike
FEBE
Forecast Fox
Foxy Tunes
Googlepedia
IE Tab
Quickdrag
ReminderFox
StumbleUpon
TabMixPlus
XMarks

QuickDrag and Googlepedia are the ones that I use the most often. StumbleUpon is cool if you're bored.

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#5 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I have IE tab, addblock plus, element hider & ReminderFox as well. I like the reminder pop ups since I am on here so much it reminds me to go pick up the kids from school

#6 of 18 Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 PM

• AdBlockPlus (blocks those pesky ads) the one I can't function without
  • LeechBlock (lets me shut down distracting websites for a few hours so I can focus on my work)
  • Multifox (lets you be logged into more than one account at a time (no, I'm not sock puppetting here! I use it to manage my fb and DD's at the same time, or multiple gmail accounts))
  • Fast Dial (a sort of bookmarks page thingie)
  • personas (sort of like themes, but lightweight)
Those are the main ones.

nothing more to say I guess :
#7 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Weatherbug

AdBlockPlus (agree, can't function without it... our internet is VERY slow up here because it's all satellite based, and most websites are now constructed assuming a MUCH higher d/l u/l rate, blocking out ads is just about the only way I can use the internet like a normal human being )

Personas

Xmarks (back when I switched between two computers; now that I don't really go back and forth as much I've gotten rid of it)

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#8 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM

i don't have any ... where do you get them?

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#9 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM

foof (no more ads! I love this one)
adblock plus
webmail adblocker
speed dial (best thing ever)
color tabs

#10 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Firefox add-on's page

#11 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

There are 3 I cannot live without
Add Block Plus
Element hider (you can choose things on a page you dont want to see and remove them)
Fox replace (allows you to block certain words that you dont want to see)

The others I have are just fun to have like the persona's and color tabs.

#12 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM

AVG Safe Search
Better GReader (enhances Google Reader though I've used it for so long now that I don't remember what it changes)
Boost for Facebook (enhances FB)
Fireshot (lets you take a picture of a webpage and save it as a PDF. Great for things like tutorials and patterns that you don't want to have to copy/paste into Word.)
Fotofox (drag and drop pics from the web to upload to Flikr or something like it)
GoogleTube (adds a YouTube player to Google's search results)
gTranslate
Integrated Gmail (enhances Gmail)
Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar
PDF Download (gives you choices of what to do with PDFs that you download)
Smart Bookmarks Bar (puts icons in place of names on your bookmarks toolbar, a little weird when put together with Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar)
StumbleUpon
TV-Fox
Yoono

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#13 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Some you all have listed I need thank you

#14 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM

I have Mozilla Firefox, is that the same thing? What are add ons? It is a new browser for me, I used to use IE, but when I had my PC fixed they put the Firefox on.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#15 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yes it is Mozilla Firefox. Add ons are things that you can add to make your browsing better. For instance Add block removes every single add from a web page and in case you miss one you can tell it to make it go away. Element hider removes parts of the web page that you dont like say a message board that has a box with useless information in it that effects the layout of the page you can make it go away

I prefer Firefox because of the layouts check out what this page looks like to me you can see the persona and how wide the message boxes are in blue.

#16 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Oh wow, okay. I had no idea you could do that stuff. I need to check some of these out

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#17 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
I prefer Firefox because of the layouts check out what this page looks like to me you can see the persona and how wide the message boxes are in blue.
I used to have it like that, but I forgot how. Element hider is part of AdBlock Plus, right?

nothing more to say I guess :
#18 of 18 Old 02-21-2010, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

It works with addblock plus but is a different add on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page