Should I ask to return it (ebay problem) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I am not happy with what I ordered. DS4 right now has a new style, rock shirts, button downs and ties. (He is so rockin he states)

So I found a set of 6 on ebay and I ordered them for him a few weeks back. They finally arrived yesterday and he wanted to wear one and I was fine with it. He wore it a few hours and when I went to take it off of him it literally just fell apart in my hand!

I'm talking the area where the "knot" is well it just unraveled and we could tell it hadn't been sewn, there was just one small stitch holding all the ties in place. So I started to inspect them and find they are very cheaply made and I am not happy that I spent the money and one didn't even last him 3 hours. Plus I bought them for both boys it stated they were 11 inches long from the knot down and they are barely 10 so my oldest can't even wear them. I guess I'm just so unhappy they are so CHEAP and they made it sound like these were quality products.

Is it possible to try and get a refund back?

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 PM

you could email the sender and ask what he can do before you file a dispute. you could file as 'item different than described'. take pics possibly as well.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Did you already leave feedback?

Definitely contact them and express your dissatisfaction. Things are kind of rough for sellers on eBay these days and you will likely get some kind of partial refund. If not, negative feedback really affects them.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#4 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM

I would definitely ask for a refund or file a dispute.

Doula & Nanny,  Momma to Hope, my angel baby 6/17/08, and Momma to be- to a little boy, EDD 3.13.13

#5 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Are they store bought or did the seller make them?
#6 of 6 Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Email the seller first and ask. If they refuse, file with PayPal and they'll give you your money back once you return the items (be sure to use DC so the seller can't claim they never got it back).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page