What's on your agenda for today? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spring has sprung here in the South and I am going to float around in the pool and read my new Lee Child novel. Love the Jack Reacher character! We are picnicking for lunch, and then I may plant a few flowers late this afternoon if I am not too tired from reading. This is my last day of spring break and I am not doing anything stressful...

DD: I'm bored and want to play Me: What about me? I can play. DD: No thanks, I mean a real person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 PM

Today's plan - get the taxes done (DH does them), and if little boy will let me, work on the baby shower gifts I have half-made on my table.

Not very ambitious, but I got most of the chores done yesterday.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM

I am off to CVS and Walgreens in a few to scoop up the bargains, then home to "help" dh jump start one of our cars & follow him to the mechanic. I need to wash some towels, and I have new library books to read, so I will have a quiet afternoon. We have so much stuff in our refrigerator that I told the family "leftovers tonight!", then I work at 7pm. An easy day.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Pie.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproofmascara View Post
Spring has sprung here in the South and I am going to float around in the pool and read my new Lee Child novel. Love the Jack Reacher character! We are picnicking for lunch, and then I may plant a few flowers late this afternoon if I am not too tired from reading. This is my last day of spring break and I am not doing anything stressful...
A BOOK?! The POOL?!
That is totally not fair. I am looking out my window at rain, rain, and more rain.

Well, DH is taking DD to the model train show nearby so I'm hoping they are gone when the baby naps and I am going to watch a movie. I haven't watched a movie in something like 7 months.
I'm thinking New Moon or some romantic comedy. No substance at all for me today.

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
It is a beautiful day here, supposed to get in the high 60's, the snow is melting, and I am stuck inside. DH is taking the older two swimming and to the park. The baby (who is currently nursing to sleep) and I will clean the house, do laundry, get everything ready for school and baby sitters tomorrow, finish lining out my day tomorrow. I have a staff meeting first thing and then am conducting 5 interviews for a new hire, blah. The car needs to be cleaned, extra carseats cleaned out and ready to install in sitter's car in the morning. I have to the grocery store and drop off all the recycle. And *if* I have enough time I need to do my 20 minute Shred DVD and fit in some study time for my IBCLC exam. Once the rest of the fam gets back, we will cook dinner and take a walk before doing the whole bath and bed thing x3.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 PM

I did the cleaning I wanted to get done yesterday so today is a free day! I am about to take my dober girl to the dog park and wear her out then hoping to talk df into going out on the bike for a bit. Dd has a bday party to go to at 3 and then who knows! Maybe a walk with dd after dinner then get things ready for school tomorrow, bath and of course we have to play some super mario before bed!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
Pie.
Ooo, what flavor?

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Laundry mostly. Just bumming around the house playing games and getting the laundry caught up.

Dh's playing in a golf tournament so he'll be gone all day.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:47 PM

Homework and relaxing. My girls are with their dad for the day so I am trying to get some things done that are hard to do when they are here!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Old 04-11-2010, 06:36 PM

Lunch and grocery shopping with hubby in a little bit. Then I need to get some laundry done, bake some bread and plan out my garden before I start buying supplies.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
Ooo, what flavor?
Blueberry. It was built up to be this great place for pie with a million choices but they only had two flavors and the slices were small for the price.

I should have made one myself!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:06 AM

I worked from 7am till 3:30pm then came home got kids ready and went outside and raked my yard and stacked wood for a couple hours. I was quite pleased with myself lol. I love spring!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 AM

It's 4 a.m. here and I've been working for an hour already.

I am getting my teeth cleaned at 8:30. I hate getting my teeth cleaned. Then I will be across the street from my favourite fair-trade coffee shop, only I won't be able to have any coffee because I'll have had a fluoride treatment and not be able to have anything to eat or drink for an hour. Fluoride...not even sure it's a good thing, but I obey my hygienist. Maybe not today.

Here in Nova Scotia, we're having an early spring. Usually we don't really get spring much at all. But swimming in a POOL? I'd say we're about, oh, at least two months away from that.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Leaving for a Midwife appointment in about 30 minutes. 39 weeks today. Then afterwords we're going to have Papa Johns pizza, haven't had that in about 2 years. We just got done eating home-made lasagna, I think it was my best one yet.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Erm. I'm *supposed* to be knitting a sleep sack for my DD2... haven't picked up the needles today.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sick dd....

Pool....I am jealous...stilll bits of snow here.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 PM

We hung out at the pool and I read Jubilee. DD got all muddy in the volleyball court sand and had a blast w/other little ones.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.

User Tag List