Can you wear flip flops? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't mind the in-between the toes part, but I can't stand the slapping on the bottom of my feet. I own a couple pairs of flip flops but I could never wear them any place that I had to do much walking at all.
#62 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 PM

Love them! I live in them once it's warm enough to wear them. DD and I have quite the collection between the two of us. DS1 hates them and I found some for DS2 at Old Navy that have the strap at the back. He's tried them out once and it was so cute watching him trying to figure out how to walk in them.

Mama to my 3 wild things.

#63 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates that between-the-toes feeling. The only time I wear flip-flops is to walk from the locker room to the pool at the Y and to shower after I swim. I'd rather put up with that nasty feeling between my toes for a few minutes than stand barefoot in the Y shower. YUCK!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#64 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM

I never liked flip flops cause they hurt my toes, but I started wearing Reef Smoothies and now I have 5 pairs I wear year round. Actual shoes feel weird to me now.

wave.gif
#65 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 02:47 PM

LOVE my flip-flops!!!

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#66 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 02:56 PM

I can't wear them either. I bought two pairs of old navy flip-flops because a friend said they were pretty comfy and cheap, so I bought them and I hate the way they feel. I even tried to wear them around the house and yard to try to get used to them. I thought I had until I tried wearing them to the grocery store and I about took them off half way through the store! Aside from the feeling of the thing between my toes, I really just can't walk properly in them! I know how you feel. I would love to wear all of those adorable flip flops. I LOVE sandals. But flip flops have been downgraded to "the shoes I wear for gardening because I don't care if they get mud all over them."

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
#67 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 04:10 PM

I can not stand the Cheap flipflop that goes between your toes. Ahhh it just drives me crazy and it does hurt. I prefer a sandal or teva instead.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#68 of 68 Old 05-12-2010, 04:10 PM

I hate the thong between my toes, but I really want some of those Skechers flip flops that are like the ShapeUps, since I only wear sandals during warm weather and I feel like my ShapeUps are just sitting there gathering dust. I wish they made ShapeUps in sandal form, with no thong.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page