How do I break it to my neighbours that we are building a fence? UPDATE - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoS View Post
They cut through a minimum of 8 times a day. I do not have the time to go out and move it back that often....although we do try to move it as often as possible. On weekends it is impossible....there are up to 10-12 friends coming and going all day.
Do you go out and tell them to leave your property?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 AM

I had neighbors tear down their fence and erect a taller wooden one. They told me it was because their dog was harrassing the moose and they were afraid she would get injured (small dog, BIG moose)..

true or not, I bought it.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
They cut through a minimum of 8 times a day. I do not have the time to go out and move it back that often....although we do try to move it as often as possible. On weekends it is impossible....there are up to 10-12 friends coming and going all day.
Wow, I was picturing a couple of times per day, which would already be bad enough! This is just crazy that somebody would think that this would even be OK. Not only is is rude, but it is a danger to anybody, especially small children, who are playing in your yard. As relations are undoubtedly likely to be soured over the fence, I would also be sending them a bill to repair your lawn!

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

Old 05-30-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Put their fence back, and put a cinder block or 3 on YOUR property.

(In addition, of course, to telling them not to go through your yard.)

Actually, I don't know that I'd tell them not to. It makes the new fence about them instead of being about your kids.

User Tag List