Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2010, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.go-girl.com/eshop/10Expan...ProductCode=01

Has anyone used it????

I will be spending considerable amounts of time overseas for the next few years (particularly in areas where it may be difficult to find clean bathrooms), and I'm wondering if this works... it seems like it could definitely be a life-saver...

So, anyone????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 PM

I would totally pee all over my leg lol

I do know some ladies that go camping a lot and swear by using a ripped up cup to help them pee in the woods standing up.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
i've seen this one before

Bring back the old MDC
Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Never tired that product.

Here is a blog that explains how females can pee standing up without extra equipment.

http://kbannerman2.blogspot.com/2009...guide-for.html

Talking about pee made me have to go and since I currently have the house to myself (no kids walking in on me), I decided to give it a try. I didn't do too bad for a first try.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
Old 05-18-2010, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't tried that particular model, although there are a bunch of them out there - the one I have is the Travelmate. I found that my body just does not want me to pee standing up, particularly with clothes on... the training that tells me not to is deep seated and very hard to overcome. Well, that and I'm pee shy and usually trying to use it in a situation where I am somewhat visible. It might be better inside an actual bathroom, I'm not sure.

But then I'm not personally bothered by dirty bathrooms... I'm going to pee there, not serve dinner.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGG View Post

Here is a blog that explains how females can pee standing up without extra equipment.

Talking about pee made me have to go and since I currently have the house to myself (no kids walking in on me), I decided to give it a try. I didn't do too bad for a first try.
The problem, as someone noted in a comment on the above blog post you linked to, is the difference in male & female "equipment." The men can just unzip, whip "it" out of their unzipped fly, and pee. Women have to either be undressed or be commando under a skirt.

lady.gif
Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
The problem, as someone noted in a comment on the above blog post you linked to, is the difference in male & female "equipment." The men can just unzip, whip "it" out of their unzipped fly, and pee. Women have to either be undressed or be commando under a skirt.
Agreed. However, if my problem is lack of a bathroom not lack of privacy I could make it work. For example hiking or camping.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 AM

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned squatting? I work outdoors and do this all the time. As long as you can back up to something like a tree or car tire and only pull your pants down to mid-thigh, the most anyone would see is the side silhouette of your rear.

9/2011 items decluttered
Old 05-19-2010, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlier View Post
Whatever happened to good old-fashioned squatting? I work outdoors and do this all the time. As long as you can back up to something like a tree or car tire and only pull your pants down to mid-thigh, the most anyone would see is the side silhouette of your rear.
What is appealing to me about the idea of this is that it could potentially be used in urban areas where there may be bathrooms that are private, but so filthy (and without Toilet paper, sinks, or soap) that even squatting over them could be difficult... or in places where it's difficult for a short girl to squat over a gross toilet without touching it...
Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibee View Post
What is appealing to me about the idea of this is that it could potentially be used in urban areas where there may be bathrooms that are private, but so filthy (and without Toilet paper, sinks, or soap) that even squatting over them could be difficult... or in places where it's difficult for a short girl to squat over a gross toilet without touching it...
Ahh, gotcha. I think I'd still choose the great outdoors (even the urban outdoors) over a questionable toilet.

9/2011 items decluttered
Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 AM

Why would I even want to pee standing up? And how would I hold that between my legs and pee and be comforable. I'd rather squat, I'm not a man nor do I feel the need to pee like one.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Having gone on hikes where decent peeing behind trees were at a premium but ones where dh could easily stand by to pee were all over the place, that's why it would've been nice to have an option to not have to drop my pants all the way.

Then, too, I have to drop my pants down really far to feel comfortable peeing in a squat.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:09 PM

You know the snot-sucker bulb thingies? The kids broke one in the tub the other day... I was left with a small, flexible funnel that looks like a smallish GoGirl... So I said, hmmmmm.... and tried it, and it worked perfectly! I only had to unzip my fly, the opening fit perfectly on the lady bits, no drips, and I could aim-- all on the first try!

I thought about posting, but I couldn't figure out where to put it (frugality? ) so I decided to wait for a thread to pop up

---feeling like an emu on acid---
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGG View Post

Ahh! there is it! I used to do this when I worked outside in the desert amongst construction workers. It ain't perfect, and you gotta be good at it, (and have to have a decent volume of pee), but it can be done - minimal booty baring, too. Practice in the shower. Heh.

signature currently in transition
Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 PM

more than the gogirl thing, now I'm wanting to practice aiming while peeing standing up...

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing

User Tag List