Help me find a new username - Mothering Forums

#1 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm getting divorced I don't want to be Mrs. Turner anymore!!! I can't think of anything, help me!

Single Mom to 2 girls
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 & 2 boys 

Using the Law of Attraction 

Loving my Family  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had to come up with a name for something else recently. I hate picking names. So I googled "unique English words" and "strange English words" and picked something fun from the list.

My username is the name of a character from a few novels by my favorite author.

I've also played around with the names of things I like ... like an animal (wolf becomes wulph, cuttlefish becomes cuddlefish)

Wife, Mom, Health Services Researcher
Uno ('03) Dos ('08) and Tres (Aug '10)
#3 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM

My username kinda-sorta rhymes with my real name...maybe you can think of something like that? Also, an old friend used to call me "Lima bean" along with my real name.
How about using your real first name reversed, or the letters mixed up, or something? Sara become Aras...Libby could be Billy...Amy become Mya....

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#4 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 PM

I am really bad about picking usernames. My Hubby picked my current name. It took me forever in just thinking of something unique and he finally came up with it.

I think a username should reflect who I am and when you see it, I stand out as in, "Of course! I know who that is!" type of way.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#5 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Hhhmm you are all giving me great ideas...

I'm thinking of:

BarefootBaker

CookinMomma

Luvs2Cook

BlessMyHeart

As long as none of them have been taken. I'm still thinking

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

#6 of 29 Old 06-05-2010, 11:34 PM

I think you need to find a name that represents you. My name is something I have gone by for a long time. Since highschool it was always Pat and the Guys....95%of my friends are guys and certainly my closest friends are....I was always the Lone Girl in the bunch.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#7 of 29 Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM

I vote for BarefootBaker...I like the sound of that.

Laura- Wife to Jose, Mami to Adela (9/02) reading.gif, Lucas (2/04) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, and Ray (10/10) baby.gif.

#8 of 29 Old 06-06-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabfig View Post
I vote for BarefootBaker...I like the sound of that.
Ditto. Much more unique-sounding than the others.

#9 of 29 Old 06-06-2010, 08:54 PM

TAFKAMT?

(The Awesomeness Formerly Known as Mrs Turner)

I also really like Barefoot Baker .

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#10 of 29 Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM

I saw a cute one on another website: Pinecone
#11 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
TAFKAMT?

my screenname refers to tandem nursing, and although i no longer nurse anyone (hallelujah!), it still fits, because i have two kids with german names.
#12 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm MissMaegie'sMama because I'm Miss Maegie's Mama!

I like BarefootBaker... then again, I'm a sucker for alliteration (obviously)!

About me: I  caffix.giftreehugger.gifcold.gifknit.gifphotosmile2.gif, and read.gif. Oh, and I'm dizzy.gif with love.gif for DH and DCx3!

#13 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM

What is in your life that has a lot of meaning for you? Is there something you always find yourself turning to? For instance, my UN is from Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan. I loved the song even before it hit Buffy (which I also loved hee) and I connected with "If all of the strength ~ And all of the courage~ Come and lift me from this place" --- For me it's you can get pulled down and even under but still be lifted back up. If that wasn't my UN it would probably be something techno/gaming or sci-fi/fantasy geeky.

What lifts you up?

Reading further... I love BarefootBaker! Very cute.

To see if names are available, go to the memberlist and then you can click 'search members' for usernames.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#14 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 03:59 PM

My username is a combination of my favourite season and my favourite 'ancient element'- together making me think of that fantastic crisp, near-liquid air you get on October evenings... Ahhh!

I like 'combination' usernames BarefootBaker is a good one!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#15 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
TAFKAMT?

I also really like Barefoot Baker .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogWife View Post
I saw a cute one on another website: Pinecone
That really is cute!

I'm going to mull all of this over before I make my decision. You have all given me great advice

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

#16 of 29 Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 PM

Well, you've done some major life changes right? You could be

Ms Turn a Round

or Barefootbaker works too

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#17 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 AM

I like "The Awesomeness Formerly Known as Mrs. Turner" so much, that I vote your username be "BarefootBaker" and your title be The Awesomeness Formerly Known as Mrs. Turner. Oh wait, you're not a Senior yet. Get on with that!

#18 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 AM

excellent ddddc
#19 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM

I like Barefoot Baker!

How do you go about changing your username anyway? I've tried to figure it out and eventually gave up.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#20 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

#21 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 AM

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#22 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Name changes are a paid service. Send a Paypal payment of $2.50 to [email protected] and be sure to include your current username and up to three choices of new names in case the one you want is taken. There's more detailed info in the FAQ in my siggy that may help, and any further questions can be placed in Q&S. (admins just like ?s where they can answer, too )

#23 of 29 Old 06-08-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Let's see....I think BarefootBaker is my favorite, but I'm rethinking whether I even want to continue to even be a baker. I think I'm going to make the decision within the next few days.

My next best faves are Pinecone, and then 2 that I thought of are LittleTreasures and TickleyTurtle. Maybe also Mom2LittleTreasures but that might be too long.

I'm still laughing at TAFKAMT!!!

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

#24 of 29 Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 AM

You know, when I clicked on this thread I had "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel stuck in my head and I keep thinking that should be your new name. Now whenever I scroll by this thread I think, "oh look, it's Mrs. Robinson's thread." Silly I know but I am a silly silly person after the 2 beers I just had.

Happy name hunting! BTW, I like BarefootBaker too.
#25 of 29 Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Check me out!

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

#26 of 29 Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Awesome!

#27 of 29 Old 06-15-2010, 02:12 AM

Congrats. I dig the new name. I also recently had to change my username thanks to a divorce. It's kind of weird, but I'm getting used to it already.

Enjoy the new name.
#28 of 29 Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 AM

Love it!

I've been wanting a new username myself.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#29 of 29 Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Love it!

I've been wanting a new username myself.

I like yours...wait a sec, are you not a drummer's wife anymore?

Single Mom to 2 girls

& 2 boys 

Loving my Family  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page