Hmph - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-26-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just need to vent a little here.

5 months ago I became a single mother. I've needed a lot of help moving furniture around and getting rid of stbx's stuff, who has always been lazy and won't even move his own things! So out to the garage it went today.

Anyway, my brother came over today (finally - I don't mean to sound ungrateful for help but really I've needed help for ages and he never wants to come and help me out). Anyway, while he was here, his girlfriend called several times, each time angrier that he was still here. Now, I have a pretty close friendship with her and am really hurt that she would do this. I mean, hello, I need help here! I have a 6 yo, 4 yo, and an 11mo and I'm doing it all by my darn self. I can't move all of this stuff myself, and I did as much of it as I possible could on my own.

I guess I'm pretty hurt. She could have come with him and helped too, maybe he would have been done faster!

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#2 of 11 Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh, that's so lame! She should have come, too. And both should have come sooner. Sorry you are having a rough time.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#3 of 11 Old 06-26-2010, 10:06 PM

Being a single mom is so difficult.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#4 of 11 Old 06-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, that is rude. She could have helped too.

Since becoming a single mom I have gotten rid of most of my furniture that I cannot move myself. I sold a huge dresser at my last garage sale. That thing was even to heavy for the movers I hired when I was married. So, off it went. Now I have 2 smaller dressers instead.

Also got rid of the huge sectional couch that didn't fit and couldn't pick up.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#5 of 11 Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 PM

That does suck

Hopefully you won't have to move anything for a long time!

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#6 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling hurt. It is a pretty crummy situation when you need help and people aren't responsive. If it were me, I would tell her how I feel. It hurts us more to keep it inside. to you, mama.

Momma to my beautiful blessing pinktongue.gif (Nov '08) and two Spirit babies angel3.gif (Dec '09) and angel2.gif (July '10)

#7 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

I'm sure there was something behind her anger about it that had nothing to do with you, and she probably did not realize that it was selfish to act that way.
#8 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdiemama View Post

I'm sure there was something behind her anger about it that had nothing to do with you, and she probably did not realize that it was selfish to act that way.
That's what I was thinking.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#9 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 AM

Oh not too nice, maybe she was having a bad day.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#10 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#11 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can understand why you were upset. My mom lives alone and her brother helps her with stuff like that a lot, which I'm sure is a godsend for her. I can't imagine trying to do it while also caring for 3 kids!

That said, do your brother and his girlfriend have something big going on in their life right now? I ask because we recently moved, and for the 2 months prior to the move, every weekend was precious to us if we were going to be packed and ready by moving day. Well my MIL sold her deceased parents' house right around the same time, and there were a few Saturdays when she asked family to come help clear it out so that it could be ready for the new people. Totally understandable, it needed to be done, but she had my FIL and BIL helping too, so it did peeve me a bit that she also asked my DH to come help when she knew that we were working our butts off trying to get our own home ready.

That said, I had the good sense to accept my DH's decision to go help, and I wouldn't have dreamed of pestering him with increasingly angry phone calls while he was there -- that wasn't nice of your brother's GF.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page