health insurance cards
nursing license
cosmetology license
change/cash
lip gloss
receipts
pen
drivers license

Just a side note...I'd be careful carrying pills in unmarked bottles. If you were in an accident or something and unable to speak, the ambulance folks wouldn't have a clue if it was motrin or a medication for diabetes. And its always a good idea to keep a list of the medications you are on or allergic to in with your license.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 10-14-2010, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
wow!!!! you guys carry a purse?

i guess the mama's who dont carry one wont post on this thread.

but since the age of 2 i gave up my purse to carry just a wallet.

otherwise my purse would be full of rocks and sticks, and leaves and twigs and 'treasures'.

i was tired of carrying a heavy purse.

and so i stopped.

dd is 8 and i STILL dont carry one.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. CARRY. A. PURSE. ... i always find a surprise in there. but if dd has to carry it herself she wont pick them up.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#33 of 43 Old 10-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On my keychain: Keys, a whistle, a small knife (handy for opening packages) and a round disk with 4 slotted screw sizes on it. I had a mini flashlight on it too, but it broke.

sunglasses, kleenex, pen and a 3x5 pad of paper. My wallet just has money, id and debit card in it.

Zippered pouch #1: lip balm, lotion, my lipstick/gloss of the day, and dental floss. I am a hero when I can whip out the dental floss after we have eaten out of the house.

Zippered pouch #2: bandaids, nail clippers, hand sanitzier, cortisone cream, neosporin, allergy eye drops, a few individually wrapped tucks pads, and a needle, tweezers and small book of matches (I had a child for a while who couldn't leave the house without getting a splinter).

a pillbox with aleve, cold remedies, benadryl, Zantac and immodium.

Seems like a lot, but if all fits in a medium size purse and has made me a Good Samaritan more times than I can count.
#34 of 43 Old 10-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Wow, so many of you mamas are so prepared with a medicine and first aid kit in your purse!

Quote:
And usually lots and lots of receipts and pieces of paper with grocery lists scribbled on them
This is what fills my purses. I feel like I am just carrying around a garbage bag sometimes. Might be $10,000 worth of receipts in there. lol
The only other things I carry are sunglasses, bank card, keys....
and the most essential items; hot wheels. It's okay if I forget my sunglasses, but NOT OKAY if I don't have cars (for my toddler). I usually have crayons, too. And a pen for my older ds.
oh yeah, and a sposie or two with a baggie of wipes. We use cloth at home tho. I had a huge embarrassment in a grocery store when my older son was a toddler and decided to use sposies for away from home after that.

Surely I am not the only one with cars in my purse???

Mama to 3 boys 

#35 of 43 Old 10-14-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
On my keychain: Keys, a whistle, a small knife (handy for opening packages) and a round disk with 4 slotted screw sizes on it. I had a mini flashlight on it too, but it broke.
I picked up THE COOLEST thing a few years ago at an auto parts store. It is 2 small, key shaped screwdrivers, a flat and a phillips, and I cannot tell you how many times these have come in handy. So much so that I went back and bought more sets to give everyone with holiday gifts a couple years ago. And I also have folding scissors on my keychain, which are handy dandy.

Mama to 3 boys 

#36 of 43 Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM

A book! Normally short stories/essay collections
Asthma inhaler [I rarely get attacks, but you never know]
Lavender, vanilla baby calming spray
Deodorant {natural stuff, never works long enough darn it!}
Small wooden toys
Typewriter change purse with some cash, debit card
Cell phone

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#37 of 43 Old 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have a purse/diaper bag, so keep that in mind.
In there right now:
wallet
keys
phone
cloth shopping bag that mooshes up really small and folds into itself
cloth diaper
small wet bag
a few towel tabs (look like mints but add water and swells into towel/wipe)
spare pants for DD
a sposie for in case we go through the extra CD
box of raisins

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#38 of 43 Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
wow!!!! you guys carry a purse?

i guess the mama's who dont carry one wont post on this thread.

but since the age of 2 i gave up my purse to carry just a wallet.

otherwise my purse would be full of rocks and sticks, and leaves and twigs and 'treasures'.

i was tired of carrying a heavy purse.

and so i stopped.

dd is 8 and i STILL dont carry one.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. CARRY. A. PURSE. ... i always find a surprise in there. but if dd has to carry it herself she wont pick them up.
I don't carry a purse. I have a newborn so I am back to lugging around a diaper bag, and it kills me to do so. I had gotten so used to grabbing just my wallet, keys, (cell if I could find it) and then 3yo DD, and going! (Caveat: We keep a medical kit in the car, as well as a change of clothes.) If I need to carry anything that would go in a purse, I chuck it into a cloth shopping bag or a hiking pack if one is handy. I really am not a purse-carrying person, despite my love for purse browsing; probably explains why I could never find one I really liked.

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#39 of 43 Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
My wallet
Sunglasses,
Two different lipsticks
Magnifying mirror (small)
Tweezers
Pens
Hairbrush and comb
Copy of restraining order
Book
A roll of cherry life savers.

I think thats it. All small change gets removed at the end of the day and added to the change jar for a rainy day treat.
#40 of 43 Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 PM

On the rare occasion I'm using one it has:
wallet
lip balm
iPod

Sometime also:
shopping lists and other assorted notes and bits of paper
water bottle
Odwalla bar
Pen
#41 of 43 Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Keys, phone, germie gel, tissues/hankies, wallet with all my various and sundry cards, Dave Ramsey envelope system, a toy car to distract the boys, a rosary, my MP3 player, and a fiber bar.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#42 of 43 Old 10-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Asthma med
Epi Pen
Epi Pen Jr
First Aid stuff
Phone
Phone charger
Pens
Hand sanitizer
Paper (my son loves to draw when he's bored)
Sanitary pads
Lip balm (although they keep getting lost)
Keys
Checkbook

Mama, Artist, Mary Kay Consultant

#43 of 43 Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmmm...my purse is usually full of crap (mostly receipts), but the essentials I deliberately keep in there are:

- Cards (I don't carry a wallet) - debit card, Visa, driver's license, CareCards (medical numbers) for me and the kids, grocery store "points" cards, Blockbuster card, museum membership cards, SIN (Social Insurance Number - Cdn. equivalent of the SSN) cards for me and the kids, etc.

- Chequebook.

- Hand sanitizer (not even remotely an essential - I bought it originally before taking the kids to see my 90 year old grandmother).

- Car and house keys.

- Lip balm.

- Tissues.

- Day planner or small notepad and pen.

- Water bottle.

- Gum (I only chew it occasionally, but I like to have it).

I also tend to have a couple of granola and/or dried fruit bars, but they're not really essentials - just back up, in case we're out longer than expected or something. I think that's everything.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page