Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

autismribbon.gif

#2 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 08:43 AM

I think I"d file a missing persons report if you don't hear from her this morning.   That sounds really off. 

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#3 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 AM

You don't even have to wait. A missing persons report can be filed 24 hours after the person is last seen. You've exceeded that. Don't wait.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#4 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 AM

I would go to her home and check on things,and if I still did not hear from her I would file a report. Hope all 3 are ok!

#5 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I would also go to her home one more time, maybe ask a neighbor if they've seen her, try to call a few more times, and then file the report. Gee I hope she and the kitty are safe. 

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#6 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 AM

geez, that is creepy! i would drive by the house and see if you can get a hold of anyone, then file a report. poor kitten, i hope he's ok! and your MIL too.

#7 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 AM

Where does she go when she is MIA?  That is really strange behavior!

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#8 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for the responses.

I just talked to DH and he wants to drive over to MIL's house again tonight if we don't hear from her. He's hesitant to file a missing person report yet as she will often take ages to get back to anyone when they call. To be brutally honest, and I realize this sounds horrible, but at this point we're more worried about our kitten then MIL. My MIL is known for being absent minded and not being good about keeping in touch. DH and I have gone for weeks in the past without having any contact from her. Of course, I hope she's ok and this is just a mistake. But, I just really need to know if my kitty is ok and where he is! greensad.gif

autismribbon.gif

#9 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 AM

i understand that you are more worried about the kitten than mil, but the police won't care about the kitten, which is why i'd file the missing person report.  i'm sorry your dh wants to wait until tonight.  this must be stressful for you.

#10 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 10:43 AM

Yes, based on your statement that your MIL has "disappeared" before, I too was more worried for your kitten. Though also a little worried for your MIL anyway. Even if she has a history of disappearing - well, that doesn't mean she's well, in fact it's evidence she might not be.

But I think the police should be notified ASAP... they should keep an eye out for her car, I don't know what they do. I would hate to wait until tonight before doing anything, that kitten has been gone for a couple of days already. What if it's stuck somewhere? And it's already injured. Poor thing. I'd want to get going on getting MIL (and thus the kitten) found. Filing a missing person's report doesn't seem to have a drawback in my mind. You have really good cause to do so, the situation fully meets the criteria.

#11 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

Yes, based on your statement that your MIL has "disappeared" before, I too was more worried for your kitten. Though also a little worried for your MIL anyway. Even if she has a history of disappearing - well, that doesn't mean she's well, in fact it's evidence she might not be.

But I think the police should be notified ASAP... they should keep an eye out for her car, I don't know what they do. I would hate to wait until tonight before doing anything, that kitten has been gone for a couple of days already. What if it's stuck somewhere? And it's already injured. Poor thing. I'd want to get going on getting MIL (and thus the kitten) found. Filing a missing person's report doesn't seem to have a drawback in my mind. You have really good cause to do so, the situation fully meets the criteria.

No, I agree and I'm convinced that I need to call the police. DH is driving over to my MIL's work as I write this. He gave me the go ahead to call if she's not there.

autismribbon.gif

#12 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM

:hug:

I hope the kitty and MIL are both OK. How weird and stressful, right before Thanksgiving!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#13 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 12:10 PM

hug.gif That is a crazy situation. I'll be thinking about your family and your sweet kitten.

Perpetually TTC #1.  Let's go, Lightning!
#14 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Update:

Our kitten has been located! joy.gifjoy.gif

MIL was at work (we would have also called first, but she's an in-home hospice worker and hence, no work phone). She told DH that on Sunday, she wasn't able to get a hold of our family vet friend, so she took him to a vet she used in the past for her dog, near her house. She said our kitten has a broken paw and the vet wanted to keep him overnight. Ok, fine. She said she gave the vet our phone number and to have them call me when it was time to pick him up. However, this vet hasn't called us (WHY??). And MIL didn't think to tell us this or call back?!? She told DH she assumed the vet would call us and fill us in. I am literally shaking and too upset for words. censored.gif

DH is picking our kitten up on his way home. Hopefully, he'll find out more info at this vet. I'm just glad our kitten will be home soon.

autismribbon.gif

#15 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 PM

yay!

sounds like MIL should not be in physical custody of any creatures (kittens or kids!) any time soon. how crazy, but i'm so glad she got your kitty to a vet after all! hope his paw heals up well.

#16 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 PM

I'm so glad!!! and glad there was an update before I read this I was getting anxious just hearing about it.

I'm glad she was thoughtful enough to find another vet to take the kitten too, but odd that she was absent minded enough not to tell you.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#17 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 01:14 PM

I'm very happy for you.

That was just odd, though. I would be extremely peeved. In fact, I think I actually am, on your behalf.

#18 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM

i cannot wait for an update saying that yes, your kitten really was at that vet. 

#19 of 19 Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Glad to hear kitty was found!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page