Update post #58 with company name. Can I share my freak-out happy, HAPPY Merry Christmas to me moment of my day today? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

please add me to the PM list as well. thumb.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#32 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Another request for PM.  Congratulations!!!

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#33 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM

I have tears for you, too!  Congrats, I'm so happy for you!

And add me to the PM list, too.  Sounds like a fabulous company.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#34 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

I think I got everyone!  I went in today and was able to talk privately with a few of the folks who work there and have never received so many complements in my life about my work.  I was packing rather large boxes all holiday season and apparently the person who did it last year had a very difficult time and had to have a lot of help with keeping up with the volume of work that needed to be done.  I did her job this year and did not need any help at all, and according to one fellow employee, "made it look like it was absolutely nothing".  I DID work my tail off, but it was doing something that I found fun, and for a company that I really believe in. 

When I talked to my boss today about my schedule, he basically said I could make up whatever schedule I wanted, as long as I wasn't working tons of overtime.  I can come in when I want to, leave when I need to and take a day off whenever I feel like I need one.  I tried to thank him again for offering me the chance to stay on permanently, and he came back with, "We are not giving you the gift of a job, you earned it with all of your hard work and we are fortunate to have found you and to be able to keep you"  More tears of joy and gratitude today.  :)

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#35 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
"We are not giving you the gift of a job, you earned it with all of your hard work and we are fortunate to have found you and to be able to keep you"  More tears of joy and gratitude today.  :)

so true pp. so true. its your efforts that got you the reward. 

you sooooo deserve it!!!! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#36 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Yeay! Sounds amazing:) PM me too? 

#37 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM

PM, please!
Congratulations. I work for a place like that and it is wonderful.

Tricia, treehugger.gif wild.gif geek.gif mama of dd (6) 

#38 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats! 

#39 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM

pm me too? congratulations! :)

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#40 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM

Awww, that's lovely.  I'd be happy to know the name of the company too.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#41 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

done!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#42 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#43 of 59 Old 12-22-2010, 07:37 PM

pm me too. I'd gladly support a company like that!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#44 of 59 Old 12-24-2010, 08:32 AM

I'd also love to know the company if you would PM me.. as I am always looking for a good place to buy grandchildren gifts. Thanks and many congratulations!

#45 of 59 Old 12-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:

I have literally been crying tears of joy all day long. And to top it all off, after he offered me the position and I accepted, he opened his arms to me for a hug and said, "Welcome Home!"  I just sobbed like a fool.  I have never been so overjoyed at a job offer in my life!

Oh, you are making me cry here! 

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#46 of 59 Old 12-24-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:

I think I got everyone!  I went in today and was able to talk privately with a few of the folks who work there and have never received so many complements in my life about my work.  I was packing rather large boxes all holiday season and apparently the person who did it last year had a very difficult time and had to have a lot of help with keeping up with the volume of work that needed to be done.  I did her job this year and did not need any help at all, and according to one fellow employee, "made it look like it was absolutely nothing".  I DID work my tail off, but it was doing something that I found fun, and for a company that I really believe in. 

When I talked to my boss today about my schedule, he basically said I could make up whatever schedule I wanted, as long as I wasn't working tons of overtime.  I can come in when I want to, leave when I need to and take a day off whenever I feel like I need one.  I tried to thank him again for offering me the chance to stay on permanently, and he came back with, "We are not giving you the gift of a job, you earned it with all of your hard work and we are fortunate to have found you and to be able to keep you"  More tears of joy and gratitude today.  :)

Wow! What a gift and what a great bunch of people to work with! I'm so glad they recognized competence when they saw it! So cool that you can take a day off if you need to for childcare/sick child.

And on a completely random note, can I just say that your avatar always makes me hungry? eat.gif

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#47 of 59 Old 12-25-2010, 08:01 PM

How awesome! PM me as well!

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#48 of 59 Old 12-25-2010, 09:48 PM

So wonderful! Congratulations!

Blessed partner to a great guy, and mama to 4 amazing kids. Unfortunate target of an irrationally angry IRL stalker.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ Buddha

#49 of 59 Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 AM

I would love to know as well, this company sounds awesome! Congrats on the new job!

#50 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 11:34 AM

joy.gifWhat a great story!  I'd like a PM too if you don't mind :)

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#51 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM

I'm all teary for you too! So glad you found your "home." Please add me to the PM list. :D

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

#52 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Congrats! Add me to the PM list as well!

E wife to G,  and mama to R hearts.gif, A autismribbon.gif, and E femalesling.GIF 
#53 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM

What a fantastic story! You definitely deserved this! Add to me to the PM list. I visit your state quite often, so I'd love to support a company like that!

Come ponder with me about food!
#54 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I think I got everyone.  I apologize if I sent two to anyone, I have been trying to keep up.  I just wanted to say that they are everything I have said and a million times more.  I think I will have perma-grin for the next few months for sure.  biggrinbounce.gif

#55 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 01:45 PM

That is so awesome. Congrats to you. Would you also PM me? I would love to support a company that walks its talk.

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#56 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM

That's wonderful, congratulations!!  Stories like this warm me to my core.

If you could PM me the name of the company, I'd like to add them to my list of places to shop.  :)

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#57 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM

This made me cry! And there's no reason you can't post the name here-- I'm sure we'd all like to know and their are no rules against sharing info on companies that rock. Congratulations! joy.gif

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#58 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks AnnetteMarie!  I have been meaning to PM a mod to see if I could just post it here.  I work for Nova Natural and they are hands down the BEST place I have EVER worked.  They are absolutely unreal.  I just wish everyone could work for a place that is as wonderful as they are.  It was so nice to work my tail off and have such a wonderful recognition/reward at the end.  Just today, I asked my boss if it would be ok to come in an hour late tomorrow so I can go to meet with my new landlord at the apartment I am moving into in three weeks and he said, "Of course, you don't even need to ask, just let us know you are coming in a little late, and don't even worry about it". 

When we initially talked about how many hours I would be working, he said "You are the person we need to take care of right now.  If you need more hours as you start working, let us know and we can  make that happen.  If you need a day off, let me know and you will absolutely get it.  We have people on call that can come in and pick up any hours that you don't want, but if you want them, let me know and you can work as many as you want as long as it stays under 40".  He said that they want a new person to be the top priority in order for them to get what they need and to want to stay.  Every other job that I have ever had, I have felt like the low person on the totem pole and had to take whatever scraps I could get until I worked my way up to a more senior position.  They really treat all of their employees like gold.  I just hope and pray that the economy stays in a positive direction so that they stay in business for many, many years to come so I can stay there forever!

#59 of 59 Old 12-27-2010, 03:05 PM

I looooove Nova Natural. And now I super extra love them. :D Congratulations on the job!

vbactivist and Aubergine68 like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page