What to wear with tall black boots - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have always wanted a pair of tall, black leather boots and DH surprised me with a some for Christmas this year.  They are like riding boots, but with about a 2 inch heel.  Problem is, I have NO clue how to wear them or what to wear with them!  My style (if you want to call it that...) is relatively simple ~ solid colors, basic styles.  I'm short ~ 5'2" ish, so tucking jeans into the boots (as my tall babysitter suggested) makes me look like an oompa loompa.  Ideas???

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#2 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 05:19 AM

I live in my riding boots in the winter. I wear them with everything! They look really good with a knee length skirt, tights and turtlenecks. I also wear them with not-tucked-in-jeans and tops or long skirts. 

DD: I'm bored and want to play Me: What about me? I can play. DD: No thanks, I mean a real person.
#3 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 AM

everything! dresses, skirts, skinny jeans or pants, leggings...

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#4 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Yep I wear short skirts, knee skirts, tucked in skinny jeans, sweater dresses and leggings, under bootcut jeans etc.  I LOVE my (nine west)  knee  high boots, i have them in black and brown.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#5 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 PM

everything.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#6 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 PM

I LOVE my knee high boots (black). I like wearing them with a just above the knee dress or skirt with a plain fitted shirt, and a mid thigh level duster cardigan & belt.

#7 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 PM

I'm 5'4", but I still wear my tall black boots with skinny jeans tucked in.  I think the key is to wear a tunic length top/sweater with the outfit.

I also love to wear them with a black sweater dress and bright colored tights. 

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#8 of 8 Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
2xy

Quote:
Originally Posted by annethcz View Post

I'm 5'4", but I still wear my tall black boots with skinny jeans tucked in.  I think the key is to wear a tunic length top/sweater with the outfit.

I also love to wear them with a black sweater dress and bright colored tights. 

Hmm...body shape makes a difference. I'm not heavy in general, but am definitely pear-shaped. I wouldn't be caught dead in skinny jeans. They were unattractive on me in the 80s and they'd be unattractive on me now.

OP, I'm also 5'2". I tend to pair tall boots with skirts. That being said, my one and only pair of tall boots haven't been worn in nearly two years....'cause my life doesn't lend itself to wearing skirts and high-heeled boots. smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page