WWYD? Photographer won't send pictures and return contact... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Alrighty... So let me give you the back story so maybe I can get an opinion on what I should do!

The first week of June 2010, we had photos taken by a professional photographer for family photos and my DD's first bday. The photos were fine (not absolutely in love, but good). I had made the appointment and paid the sitting fee up front to reserve my spot. It was $150, if I were to cancel I would lose this deposit. After I made the appointment she sends me an email with a questionnaire to fill out about the kind of photos I like and also a price sheet and how to order photos. This is when I find out that the cheapest package of photos is over $800! And to purchase individual photos, it would be $25 per photo. I was stunned! Not wanting to lose my $150 I kept the appointment and decided to spend $200 ordering photos, yes.... $200 for 8 photos.

July 1st I receive an email that my photos are finally ready to view and I have 48 hours to purchase. I order my 8 photos and then receive an email stating that they would be delivered to me within 2-3 weeks. At 5 weeks I email saying that I haven't received my photos and that I would like some sort of discount due to the delay ( my husband's idea since I was upset that I wouldn't have the photos for my Dad's bday present ). I get an email back stating that it can take up to 6-8 weeks and I won't get a discount b/c photos do not depreciate over time. At 9 weeks, I email back saying I still haven't received them and I receive another email simply saying they will be delivered shortly. At this time she has yet to apologize or do anything to help me. In Sept, I get an email saying that the photos have been shipped and she gives me a tracking number. After waiting the appropriate amount of time, I check the tracking number and it says they have been delivered. Knowing that I haven't received the photos, I call my previous address (an apartment complex that we moved out of July 1st) I spoke to the office manager, who receives all package deliveries and she also spoke to the family who moved into my old apartment and no one had gotten a package. I tell all this to the photographer and she simply says..."Why did you wait so long to tell me this (It was 2 weeks after they were supposedly shipped), it makes me suspicious" and that she would start a claim with USPS. I tell her that I wanted to be sure that they weren't delivered to anyone and that I would like to see the results of the claim. About a month later, she emails me to let me know that the claim was dropped bc the post office says they were delivered. And that was it. No apology, no refund, nothing.

In December after getting completely fed up with the situation, I email her to ask if I may purchase the photos AGAIN. These are our only professionally taken photos and the only ones we will ever have of just the 3 of us, not to mention that they were my DD's first bday photos. She finally gives me the opportunity to purchase them again (with a 24 hour link to her website gallery). She sends me an email saying that this time I must pay with a money order instead of paypal (bc she had already done her taxes) and she will have them shipped with delivery confirmation. I emailed her letting her know I didn't feel comfortable with paying with a money order, and her response was, "Sorry, that's all I can accept". So, I relented and paid. She sent me an email stating they would be delivered in 2-3 weeks. That was December 20th. 

Feb. 20th I email her letting her know I haven't received them, no answer. I emailed her through her website, send a facebook message all within the last few days trying to get a response from her, because she refuses to give me a phone contact. Finally today I get an email stating that my photos have been shipped, but no actually response from her.

I guess my question is.... what would you do? Just be thankful that you are getting the photos? Or take some kind of action? I'm conflicted..... and don't know if it is worth my time or more money. I just spent $550 for one hour photo session and 8 photos and got treated horribly....

Thanks for reading all of this!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Well, I would start by airing it all out on her FB wall.  Then I would pay to have a lawyer contact her on your behalf.  But that's just me, I tend toward the vengeful...

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 39 Old 02-23-2011, 06:37 PM

That's horrible! I would definitely take action. I like the pp's idea.

#4 of 39 Old 02-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Is it too late to file a grevience with paypal?  Did you pay through a cc with pp?  I would file a grievance with either pp or the cc company or your bank.  I would also contact a lawyer and see if you can make some headway that way, mostly to get the pictures.  I, of course, would have done that all the first time around b/c I wouldn't stand for being robbed like that.  Also, spam up all the methods you have access to - facebook, craigslist, grouply, etc - to let everyone know that she is unprofressional & rude & robbed you. 

homewithtwinsmama likes this.
#5 of 39 Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

I tell all this to the photographer and she simply says..."Why did you wait so long to tell me this (It was 2 weeks after they were supposedly shipped), it makes me suspicious" and that she would start a claim with USPS. I tell her that I wanted to be sure that they weren't delivered to anyone and that I would like to see the results of the claim. About a month later, she emails me to let me know that the claim was dropped bc the post office says they were delivered. And that was it. No apology, no refund, nothing.

Gah, that is so frustrating.  They weren't delivered to you, clearly, so it seems like you should be able to get a replacement for much less, since she has the money for the artwork aspect of it.  Now I understand from her point of view she might think you are just trying to get more photos printed for free, but I don't really understand why the USPS insurance is basically worthless.  When I've had similar issues with UPS, I was able to get a replacement.  I pretty much only buy photos now if they let me buy the image in a high res electronic format so I can print my own.

#6 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:

Alrighty... So let me give you the back story so maybe I can get an opinion on what I should do!

The first week of June 2010, we had photos taken by a professional photographer for family photos and my DD's first bday. The photos were fine (not absolutely in love, but good). I had made the appointment and paid the sitting fee up front to reserve my spot. It was $150, if I were to cancel I would lose this deposit. After I made the appointment she sends me an email with a questionnaire to fill out about the kind of photos I like and also a price sheet and how to order photos. This is when I find out that the cheapest package of photos is over $800! And to purchase individual photos, it would be $25 per photo. I was stunned! Not wanting to lose my $150 I kept the appointment and decided to spend $200 ordering photos, yes.... $200 for 8 photos.

In my area, this is the common going rate for professional photos as well. We've had professional photos taken and it cost us about $450 total for the sitting fee and 6 photos.

July 1st I receive an email that my photos are finally ready to view and I have 48 hours to purchase. I order my 8 photos and then receive an email stating that they would be delivered to me within 2-3 weeks. At 5 weeks I email saying that I haven't received my photos and that I would like some sort of discount due to the delay ( my husband's idea since I was upset that I wouldn't have the photos for my Dad's bday present ). I get an email back stating that it can take up to 6-8 weeks and I won't get a discount b/c photos do not depreciate over time. At 9 weeks, I email back saying I still haven't received them and I receive another email simply saying they will be delivered shortly. At this time she has yet to apologize or do anything to help me. In Sept, I get an email saying that the photos have been shipped and she gives me a tracking number. After waiting the appropriate amount of time, I check the tracking number and it says they have been delivered. Knowing that I haven't received the photos, I call my previous address (an apartment complex that we moved out of July 1st) I spoke to the office manager, who receives all package deliveries and she also spoke to the family who moved into my old apartment and no one had gotten a package. I tell all this to the photographer and she simply says..."Why did you wait so long to tell me this (It was 2 weeks after they were supposedly shipped), it makes me suspicious" and that she would start a claim with USPS. I tell her that I wanted to be sure that they weren't delivered to anyone and that I would like to see the results of the claim. About a month later, she emails me to let me know that the claim was dropped bc the post office says they were delivered. And that was it. No apology, no refund, nothing.

Ok, the no apology is just rude and unprofessional. However, I can see her point to a degree about the refund. She shipped them to the address given (I assume) and it's not her fault if it was incorrect. I can understand from a business point of view why she'd want to wait for a USPS claim if the tracking claims it was delivered. To put it bluntly, she doesn't know if you're trying to get photos for free. 

In December after getting completely fed up with the situation, I email her to ask if I may purchase the photos AGAIN. These are our only professionally taken photos and the only ones we will ever have of just the 3 of us, not to mention that they were my DD's first bday photos. She finally gives me the opportunity to purchase them again (with a 24 hour link to her website gallery). She sends me an email saying that this time I must pay with a money order instead of paypal (bc she had already done her taxes) and she will have them shipped with delivery confirmation. I emailed her letting her know I didn't feel comfortable with paying with a money order, and her response was, "Sorry, that's all I can accept". So, I relented and paid. She sent me an email stating they would be delivered in 2-3 weeks. That was December 20th. 

I agree, that's inconvenient and a bit weird. Wouldn't payments through paypal now just be applied to next years taxes? I would have a problem with this, as well.

Feb. 20th I email her letting her know I haven't received them, no answer. I emailed her through her website, send a facebook message all within the last few days trying to get a response from her, because she refuses to give me a phone contact. Finally today I get an email stating that my photos have been shipped, but no actually response from her.

Very unprofessional, IMO. Even if she's busy, business is business and she has your money. Did she give you a tracking number again?

I guess my question is.... what would you do? Just be thankful that you are getting the photos? Or take some kind of action? I'm conflicted..... and don't know if it is worth my time or more money. I just spent $550 for one hour photo session and 8 photos and got treated horribly....

Considering how long you've had to wait and her unprofessional manner, I would email her your grievances and ask for a discount for the inconvenience. If she doesn't reply, I would go into her studio to talk face to face.

Thanks for reading all of this!!

autismribbon.gif

#7 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the support! At least I know that I am not being unreasonable. I feel as if she were at least sorry that they took 3 times the amount of time they were supposed to the first time, and then never made it, and then had cared that the second time I paid for the same pictures, they took 9 weeks as well.... I wouldn't be upset. But she still won't return my emails, offer an apology...must less a discount. I wish I could know her phone number or where her studio is. She only does location photography. I tried to file a complaint with Paypal the first time around, but too much time had passed. I thought about contacting the BBB, but I wasn't sure if they would consider it bad business practices or just bad customer service. If I hadnt already paid her $550, I would take her to court, but I don't want the chance to lose anymore money to her! I left her a bad review on yahoo... and I'm pretty sure that she would just delete any bad comments on her FaceBook page... Tons of friends have seen our photos on her website gallery and asked us about her in reference to having their photos taken and thankfully we've been able to warn them!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#8 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 AM

I would contact the BBB.

Unless she uses some really really fancy print lab, it is NOT costing her $200 to print 8 pictures. So IMO she should have replaced them when you didn't receive them, since it wouldn't have meant a big financial loss & would keep her customer happy...

I don't understand what using paypal has to do with filing her taxes.

However the one sticking point in all this is that you re-ordered from her even though you never received the first order (and also sent a money order)... so it's kind of confusing to a 3rd party... if you were truly unhappy with the situation, you should not have ordered again (and should not have used an alternate payment method) & that kind of invalidates your initial complaints to some extent... (Not to come down hard on you... it's just that I would not have ordered again, I'd have insisted that the issue be resolved to my satisfaction before I'd even consider ordering again.) The BBB might still be able to work with you though. I've filed with them twice... one issue ended up being resolved in my favor, and the other didn't, because they were deceptive but had 'proof' of their stance so I just didn't have ground to stand on... but regardless, I don't regret filing either time, it didn't take much time or effort for me & I at least TRIED to make things right...

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#9 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 AM

Something similar happened to us as well but fortunately we had a better outcome...

A couple of years ago our family went on vacation to one of the gulf islands (westcoast Canada) and I thought it would be nice to have some formal pictures done as it was around the time Dd#2 turned 1.  I contacted a woman who lived on the island and was a professional photographer.  I believe she charged $125-150/ session, on location.  That seemed like a reasonable cost, and all prints /negatives were extra.

Well, we did the shoot and it turned out to be 2.5hrs.  We paid on the spot via cheque for the session as well as for a copy of all the negatives (on CD), so that we could print out the photos ourselves.  I think the total came out to be nearly $400.

We went home and waited.  And waited.  Finally after 2 months, I emailed her and said that we hadn't received anything.  She writes back a few days later that she had mailed them out, that she was busy, that she traveled to the States to do another photoshoot.  No appologies.  That part ticked me off as she had had our money for that long.  She claimed again that she had mailed it out, but seeing how she made so many excuses, I really doubt that she did.  Its most likely she just forgot.

So 3 weeks after that, we finally get a CD and the photos are Ok.  Nothing special and she didn't contact us to see if we were pleased or to follow up with us.  As I said, I think she just simply forgot to send us the CD originally because if she had, we would have eventually gotten 2 copies of it.

Its unfortunate for her as we go to the Island yearly and it was my intention to get annual photos.  She could have had very loyal customers out of us but as it is I would never recommend her to anyone.

Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)

#10 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 08:46 AM

When the tracking number said the photos were delivered, which address was indicated? I'm a bit unclear on this point. In my experience in Canada, the address is shown. If the address was shown, why were you checking your old address? If the address wasn't in the tracking information, I'd seriously doubt she even sent them to you (because of her unprofessional behaviour throughout). Is it possible she gave you an unrelated tracking number?

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
#11 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

The tracking number on the original set didn't have an address attached to it, I only assumed and then later after calling the USPS found out that they had been delivered to my previous address (I'm guessing she used it from the form I had filled out in May when making the appointment). Having them sent to the wrong address was my fault I'm sure, I just assummed that she would have sent them to the address that was on file with PayPal. I believe that they were sent, I saw a copy of the claim and it said "delivered". But I don't believe that they were delivered and if they were they magically got lost. I know the ladies at the office from my old apartment would have called me and they even spoke to the new tenants--- who would want to keep someone else's photos??

I shouldn't have paid for them again before complaining to someone like the BBB, but I was so desperate for my photos and tired of complaining to my DH about what had happened that I just said "Forget it, I'll pay again, I just want my pictures". I was hoping that she would have at least given me a discount, or an apology after realizing that I honestly didn't receive them. She never seemed to care that they were weeks and weeks late and that I didn't get what I had paid for. And, to make me more angry, she's ignoring me. I've never been rude or accusatory -- I've only asked for the discount the first time they were weeks late and very politely at that.

To be truthful, I'll be satisfied if they actually show up this time. I just think that it's funny that they are being "shipped" only after days of me emailing/messaging her. She couldn't even send an email saying " Sorry, have been backed up.... or the printing company is behind..."

Maybe I will make sure to leave her bad feedback and see if I can at least leave a complaint with the BBB. Getting my money back would be nice....but I'm not wishing for miracles here :)

#12 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Oh! I also meant to add that I ordered from her because I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to get my pictures again! She had previously told me that she deletes photos after your alotted viewing times and I didn't want her to simply say "sorry...I don't have your family photos anymore" That would have been devestating to me. My husband had been home from Afghanistan for about a month, my daughter was turning one and I wasn't pregnant yet! It was just the 3 of us :) And we will never have another set of photos like those..... I think I'm too attached to pictures haha

#13 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Go to her studio and refuse to leave until she gives you your photos.

Or take her to court. Small-claims court isn't that expensive and would have a very good chance of at least getting back the second $200, a pretty good chance of the first $200, and even a possibility of even getting the $150.

SuburbanHippie likes this.
#14 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post

Go to her studio and refuse to leave until she gives you your photos.

Or take her to court. Small-claims court isn't that expensive and would have a very good chance of at least getting back the second $200, a pretty good chance of the first $200, and even a possibility of even getting the $150.

I would have given up on the email a LONG time ago. You need to deal with this in person. If she refuses to give you a phone number then you need to go to her studio.

Unfortunately she is not responsible if the first round were lost in the mail.  She has proof that she mailed them, the post office confirmed they were delivered. The fact you didn't get them is not her fault. It is unlikely you would win that case.

She has been completely unprofessional but she knows she has you over a barrel. I hope you get the second round. Once you do I would complain to the BBB and I would post a review on FB via your page so she can't delete it.

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#15 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Ok, so you don't know where her studio is?  Or does she not have one?  Can you use her name to find her home address and just show up there?  Stalker-ish, yes, but I would do it!  haha

WRT Facebook, can you post on your page so that it will show up on her feed?  I don't totally get how it all works, but I know that I see my sister's friends posts on my page all the time...

Bring back the old MDC
#16 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

She doesnt have a studio, or at least she has never let me know about one. SHe has only given me a PO Box to send the money order to. I put my big girl panties on and sent a BBB complaint just now.... I only requested that I be reimbursed for one set of photos, because I don't mind paying for the pictures--- I just want to actually receive them! Im praying that since I have a new tracking number, I can watch for them daily and be right on it if they don't show up!

Believe me, I wanted to give up on email... she has no phone numbers listed anywhere and refuses to give me one when asked. Even at the appointment scheduling, she requested that I email her with any questions or changes. It was my only option.

I posted on her page "Teresa could you please contact me about my photos asap, I am unable to reach you through email- Thanks" And after that is when I got the email from the USPS saying my package had been set to ship. I'm guessing she didn't like that I put that on her page... but at least I didnt say... "hey my photos are 8 weeks late..... again!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to get reimbursed for the one set at least. It would be nice to put that money toward a nice camera so I don't have to trust someone to take my babys pictures anymore :)

#17 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:

She doesnt have a studio, or at least she has never let me know about one. SHe has only given me a PO Box to send the money order to. I put my big girl panties on and sent a BBB complaint just now.... I only requested that I be reimbursed for one set of photos, because I don't mind paying for the pictures--- I just want to actually receive them! Im praying that since I have a new tracking number, I can watch for them daily and be right on it if they don't show up!

Believe me, I wanted to give up on email... she has no phone numbers listed anywhere and refuses to give me one when asked. Even at the appointment scheduling, she requested that I email her with any questions or changes. It was my only option.

I posted on her page "Teresa could you please contact me about my photos asap, I am unable to reach you through email- Thanks" And after that is when I got the email from the USPS saying my package had been set to ship. I'm guessing she didn't like that I put that on her page... but at least I didnt say... "hey my photos are 8 weeks late..... again!!!!!!!!!"

I'm just hoping to get reimbursed for the one set at least. It would be nice to put that money toward a nice camera so I don't have to trust someone to take my babys pictures anymore :)

OK so she is a "professional" photographer with no known studio, no reliable contact info and only uses a PO box?  How did you even find her?? Does she have a website? Did you get references?  How did you identify her in the letter-just a name, PO box and email addie? The BBB isn't going to be able to do much if she really isn't a business. 

And I agree about buying a good camera!  This what the BBB has on their site

Quote:
A majority of the parents are more upset over the loss of the photographs than their money, however, because the pictures document the early days of their babies.   

Parents can avoid being scammed by taking pictures themselves using their own camera, but if parents still want to go the professional route, make sure to vet the company you plan to hire with your local BBB or check out them online at: bbb.org

http://www.bbb.org/us/post/parents-pay-for-baby-photos-never-receive-them-1237

#18 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm curious to know how the photos got sent to your old address? Is that the address you gave her? I don't see any other possibility, but just wanted to see if there was a reason you gave her the old address? Or did it take so long for her to ship that you had moved in the interim?

#19 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom View Post
OK so she is a "professional" photographer with no known studio, no reliable contact info and only uses a PO box?  How did you even find her?? Does she have a website? Did you get references?  How did you identify her in the letter-just a name, PO box and email addie? The BBB isn't going to be able to do much if she really isn't a business. 

I agree, it's sort of confusing. Also, it sounds like the OP paid $150 for a sitting fee before checking to see how much the photo packages would cost? Yikes! 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#20 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I found her website and looked through the reviews on both that and her facebook page. It was only between her and another woman (who I later hired for Christmas photos--they turned out terrible!) She has a business and a business name, and apparently she is a member of the APA- American Photographers Association. I gave the BBB her name, business name, PO Box address, and website info. I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

I'm assuming she got my address from the info that I had given her in May when I made my appointment. We moved on July 1st and had changed all of our mail and address info in the week before then. My PayPal address had already been changed as well by the time they were shipped. I mean, she didn't even ship them until August... so I am positive everything was changed. The only mistake I made, was not giving her my current address through an email.

#21 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 PM

This further supports the fact that is is not her fault for the first package getting "lost".  Your "only" mistake was a pretty big one! She has proof she shipped it and proof of delivery. Even if you had changed your address everywhere the bottom line is you never gave *her* your new address.  It was not her responsibility to compare the paper work you submitted to her against your PayPal address or anything else.  It was your responsibility to give her your new address or rely on the USPS to forward the package to you provided you had arranged for that service.

Yeah it sucks she is unprofessional but this really is a case of buyer beware. But that is neither her nor there as it has already been done. At this point all you can do is hope for the best. I think you are pretty much SOL in getting any kind of discount or refund if this is how she has behaved so far.

Quote:

I found her website and looked through the reviews on both that and her facebook page. It was only between her and another woman (who I later hired for Christmas photos--they turned out terrible!) She has a business and a business name, and apparently she is a member of the APA- American Photographers Association. I gave the BBB her name, business name, PO Box address, and website info. I'm hoping that will be sufficient.

I'm assuming she got my address from the info that I had given her in May when I made my appointment. We moved on July 1st and had changed all of our mail and address info in the week before then. My PayPal address had already been changed as well by the time they were shipped. I mean, she didn't even ship them until August... so I am positive everything was changed. The only mistake I made, was not giving her my current address through an email.

#22 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I never thought it was her fault the package got lost. I never blamed her for it going to the old address at all. I was upset that she didn't care or offer me any resources to replace my photos. Since speaking with the office manager and the new tenants and neither of them having received any packages of photos, I think it's safe to say that they never made it.

I was mostly upset that the timeframe she gave me was so off. Both times they were sent, it was weeks from where she said it would be. And if she had apologized, kept in contact, or offered to help me at all, I don't think I would have been upset. I just don't like being treated like I don't matter especially after I pay you hundreds of dollars for something.

#23 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Yes, the OP should have given her new address. However, had the photos arrived when they were supposed to, it would have been a non-issue.

#24 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 02:57 PM

Actually, technically it WAS the photographer's responsibility to ship to the PayPal address. Had the OP contested the charge through PayPal, she would have won.

I do agree that PayPal policies aside, there was some responsibility on the part of the OP to communicate that - but it really was mostly on the seller.

Either way, sounds like an AWFUL experience. I gotta wonder how some people stay in business. My husband is in business for himself, and he kills himself shipping promptly, upgrading to priority and eating the extra cost if he ships on the 3rd day instead of the 1st or 2nd, taking returns for virtually any reason. Nobody seems to notice or care, and then I read some jerks like this apparently make a living doing the shoddiest work imaginable (if not outright fraud). It's very frustrating, it's like my DH might as well stop worrying about being honest (but he won't).

#25 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Depending on how all this turns out & whether you are able to resolve the issue and/or get your first $200 back, I would also consider reporting her to the APA. I don't know if they 'officially' take complaints (I don't know anything about APA) but I would imagine they'd want to know if one of their members was treating clients like this!

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#26 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

Unless she uses some really really fancy print lab, it is NOT costing her $200 to print 8 pictures.

Speaking as someone who has done photography in the past, even the fancy labs don't cost that much.  I used the same labs that most other professional labs do, and it was definitely not that much.

Kara - Homeschooling mom to Greyson (13), three lazy cats, two hyper dogs, and 11 crazy chickens.  Loving our life on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.  TTC #2 for over 12 years.  Soon to be a stand-in mom for foster babies!
http://talesofatransplantedcitygirl.wordpress.com

#27 of 39 Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

Oh, I never thought it was her fault the package got lost. I never blamed her for it going to the old address at all. I was upset that she didn't care or offer me any resources to replace my photos. Since speaking with the office manager and the new tenants and neither of them having received any packages of photos, I think it's safe to say that they never made it.

From what we're reading here, however, it's hard to know if she even filed the claim with the post office.  Did she tell you where the post office claims to have delivered the package?  I've sent things with delivery confirmation before, and the post office said it was delivered, but they couldn't tell me where.  And then it turned out they never delivered it, it was actually at the post office.  Thankfully it did eventually get sent out, like months later.

#28 of 39 Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

She showed me a response email from the USPS that the claim said -- Delivered. It never said where it was delivered. To be honest, I never thought about that.

#29 of 39 Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 AM

She should send your some pictures. It obviously won't cost her $200 to print up a few more. I would seriously smear her everywhere for a LONG TIME if she did not. BBB will do nothing,but it does make you feel a little better. Hope you get something.

Sears lost pictures of my dd as a baby. Never did get them.They would have been such cool photos. Now I take pictures myself. By a good camera and have someone help you do some good shots of the family.

#30 of 39 Old 02-25-2011, 09:27 AM

I think the best pictures I've had done were at Target and once at JCP. Most chains offer a CD of the photos.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page