JFF - which member would you most like to meet IRL...? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchick View Post

Zoebird, right?  I'd love to meet her, too!  Not to mention you, Tradd...

Bingo, that's right! And why would you want to meet ME? :)

lady.gif
#62 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 06:52 PM

OK, just pushed the mental reset button for Smokering...whose name I just mispronounces in my head, again, as I typed this sentence out!

As for those I would like to meet, the top 3 on my list are meemee, Musician Dad and Storm Bride. Oh, and also Chamomile Girl and Velochic.

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

#63 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 PM

There was a poster here named Siobahn (sp?), and I really enjoyed her posts, even though I don't see her here any more.  I also like GuildJenn and another poster Eileen (can't remember her exact handle).  They all have/had interesting input into the discussions.

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
#64 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 07:27 PM

The MDC mamas I'd most like to meet are from my DDC. ~*max*~, Sydnee, Marylizah, Mamacatsbaby, Mamabeakley, Alaskaberry.

There are others, but those are the ones I've gotten to know and that I think of first when I think of MDC!

#65 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post

Meemee... and I'd like her to come give me a crash course in *enjoying life* smile.gif Also physmom 'cause our kids are like twins. Ahhh now that I think about it there are at least 10 or 20 members I would LOVE to meet.... too many to mention...

It's scary at time, isn't it?  winky.gif I wonder if our kids got in the same room if it would create a black hole and destroy the world? lol.gif

#66 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 PM

Aww shucks, thanks Bluebirdmama1...I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on this thread =). I was about to say all of you, my sisters on the Christian Mystics thread. since I feel so connected to you all. I finally got to meet holyhelianthus/magstphil/Maggie today after "knowing" each other on here for like 4 years. Silly us, we only live 20 minutes apart. And it was just lovely, we talked for hours. 

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#67 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

cristeen (would you cook for me?)

I cook for everybody, sooner or later. It's my raison d'etre. smile.gif

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#68 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by physmom View Post

It's scary at time, isn't it?  winky.gif I wonder if our kids got in the same room if it would create a black hole and destroy the world? lol.gif

Yup probably!! lol.gif

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#69 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Add me to the very long list of people who read Smokering as three syllables. Sheepish.gif

You know, I'd be up for meeting any/pretty much all MDC mamas. Specifically, all you Chi-town/Ro Pa mamas. I know you are out there ladies! I see your posts! Now why aren't you coming to our playgroup????

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#70 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn_ack89 View Post

Viola! She supported my shameless self-promotion (since I doubt most people have a clue who I am). wink1.gif

I am also guilty of the 3 syllable reading of smokering.

joy.gif  Reading that made my day!

#71 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Some people who were nice via PM, people who posted on the christian mystics thread, anyone who cooks good meals I would love to meet ;) 

There are others but I removed the specific names in this thread. 

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#72 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
"Which MDC member would you most likely murder violently if you met them?"

If you (global you, not you in particular) can name names then hitting the ignore or hide all posts button on said names might help blood pressure and sanity om.gif

But then again maybe not...

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#73 of 89 Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol_y_Paz View Post

If you (global you, not you in particular) can name names then hitting the ignore or hide all posts button on said names might help blood pressure and sanity om.gif

Yeah but then you might end up missing key parts of a conversation.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#74 of 89 Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Linda on the move
Cappucinosmom (I think I'm misspelling this!)
MamaJen
StephandOwen
Lynn . . . and now I'm drawing a blank with the last two bits. The academic mom who posts great stuff all the time!
gbailey
and there are more who I'll remember shortly!
ETA: guildjenn -- now could I forget her??? She's great!
#75 of 89 Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)

I'm very flattered to make some of your list!  When I saw this thread, I figured I rambled on and on too much and had too many typos! nut.gif

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#76 of 89 Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol_y_Paz View Post

Hmm.

I am sad to admit I have a candidate in mind for this.

I think I will try it.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#77 of 89 Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post

Hmm.

I am sad to admit I have a candidate in mind for this.

I think I will try it.

I think the block feature is the best feature here. ha.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#78 of 89 Old 04-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

smile.gif

#79 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM

There are many but 3 that come to mind immediately for their level-headed and warm wisdom are Attunedmama, Chamomilegirl and Stormbride.

The sea monkey has my money.

#80 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM

A big big big thank you to the people who mentioned me.  You absolutely made my day.  I haven't been around here in months, and I'm touched that you remembered me.

#81 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post

I think the block feature is the best feature here. ha.

I think it is being used in my case (the block feature that  is).   I know plenty of posters here who disagree with me on various issues and I'm sure that I'm an irritant.  I have never blocked people because I believe in the democratic process.  All voices have a place and sometimes you have to tolerate the less than agreeable.  Best way to react in my opinion is let them be heard, and respond if necessary to offer a balanced opinion.  winky.gif

#82 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsCradle View Post

I think it is being used in my case (the block feature that  is).   I know plenty of posters here who disagree with me on various issues and I'm sure that I'm an irritant.  I have never blocked people because I believe in the democratic process.  All voices have a place and sometimes you have to tolerate the less than agreeable.  Best way to react in my opinion is let them be heard, and respond if necessary to offer a balanced opinion.  winky.gif

I hope we don't get too sidetracked and I really hope this doesn't get heated. But I have opted to use the block feature on a member (not you :)) not because I'm not democratic. I am not, after all, campaigning for anyone to be kicked off of MDC. I'd just prefer to ignore this poster's writings because they tend to upset me, and I'm here to learn and maybe get support, not to have my blood pressure spike :) And certainly not to get kicked off of MDC because I had a heated debate, either! (I think it's 3 strikes and you're out? I have 2 strikes against me.) It's certainly true that it's better that I respond in a calm and helpful manner instead of having my blood pressure go up or have a strike against me, but baby, if this tool is here, I'm gonna use it, and so much the better for me and the community :)

#83 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:

I hope we don't get too sidetracked and I really hope this doesn't get heated. But I have opted to use the block feature on a member (not you :)) not because I'm not democratic. I am not, after all, campaigning for anyone to be kicked off of MDC. I'd just prefer to ignore this poster's writings because they tend to upset me, and I'm here to learn and maybe get support, not to have my blood pressure spike :) And certainly not to get kicked off of MDC because I had a heated debate, either! (I think it's 3 strikes and you're out? I have 2 strikes against me.) It's certainly true that it's better that I respond in a calm and helpful manner instead of having my blood pressure go up or have a strike against me, but baby, if this tool is here, I'm gonna use it, and so much the better for me and the community :)

I understand your position, believe me, I've been there!  I only said the previous because I think dialogue is instrumental in informing people that there are differing positions.  For me, personally, to remain isolated in my opinion and to not react or discuss other opinions defeats the idea that people can change their positions.  I know that I have gone from certain hard-lined positions to gain a better understanding and make more informed choices simply because I listen to other people.  I think that if I remain insular in my position than I don't do anyone any good by not debating or arguing my position against positions that I think are contrary to what I think is right, good, etc.  

#84 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:

Is that since the forums were all redone? MDC eliminated our alerts and warnings at that time. I currently have a clean slate, which is a big relief, because I was a hair away from a temporary banning.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#85 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Is that since the forums were all redone? MDC eliminated our alerts and warnings at that time. I currently have a clean slate, which is a big relief, because I was a hair away from a temporary banning.

yep.  Clean slates for everyone.  So, laohaire, unless you have gotten in trouble within the last few weeks/months, you shouldn't have any strikes against you. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#86 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM
A&A

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I would like to meet any and all intactivists.  I especially appreciate lactivist intactivists!! 

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#87 of 89 Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

yep.  Clean slates for everyone.  So, laohaire, unless you have gotten in trouble within the last few weeks/months, you shouldn't have any strikes against you. 

And if you managed to rack up two strikes since then, I am disappointed in myself for not maintaining my place near the top of the "To Ban" list.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#88 of 89 Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Oh, cool, I guess I'm clean again! No, I haven't been whapped for anything this year.

#89 of 89 Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Wemoon!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page