washing hands before eating - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: In your house do you wash hands before you eat? (Check all that apply)
No, not usually-Only if visibly dirty/ just changed a diaper/ handled raw meat/ some other gross thing 61 100.00%
Yes, when we remember to do so 28 100.00%
always, for all three meals and snacks 20 100.00%
yes, even at restaurants 19 100.00%
Yes, but just the kids 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

#31 of 33 Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No, I don't have any specific routines to hand-washing.  I'm not a germaphobe so I really only wash hands or ask DD to wash hers if they're visibly dirty or we've been doing something that would make them icky.

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velochic View Post

Yes, always. Everyone.  It's called having manners.  The thing is, most of the time there is something on your hands throughout the day, even if you've blown your nose or picked a stone out of your shoe.  I often bend over to pick up something that was on the floor and even though my floors are clean, they're not sanitary.  I cannot even fathom someone going to a table without first washing up.  I mean... how much effort does it really take?  1 minute and a little bit of soap and water.  I am absolutely not a germaphobe at all.  Dd has not been sick in about 2 years and I'm the only one that came down with a mild cold this winter.  I don't care at all about getting dirty, but washing hands before eating is absolutely a must in this house. 

So just curious -- to you or others that feel this way -- what exactly do you think will happen if you don't wash your hands before eating??? (I don't mean that in a challenging way or anything! Just genuinely curious about the thought process behind this!)

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#33 of 33 Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 AM

No specific hand washing routines here. Like others have said, we wash our hands after they are visibly dirty, we've been around sick people, or after using the bathroom. I specifically cannot wash my hands as frequently as might be considered optimum by so called germaphobes. It exacerbates the psoriasis/dermatitis I have on the palms of my hands when I wash them too much! Especially with the soaps that are in public restrooms, they are way too harsh. I have to use a very mild soap. I sure hope DS doesn't have this problem too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page