So what do you do if you're sure you won't get caught? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The peeing in the shower thread got me thinking.  We all  do things we'd be mortified if caught doing but we do em.  What are yours?

This thread came up several years ago and some of the responses were hilarious.

I'll start...when I put on a pair of clean panties I always sniff em to make sure a dirty pair didn't accidentally end up in my clean clothes.  Even if I just took em out of the dryer.  Don't ask me why, but I do it. 

OK fess up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pick my nose while driving.

Fart.  Im actually one of the gassiest people I know, other then my husband, but hes only heard me fart a handful of times.   I hide it well.

When I change my kids, and im not sure if they peed, I smell the diaper.  Sometimes if we are un public I have to remind myself NOT to do this, Because i do it so often at home.  Sometimes, I actually sniff their crotch, so as to not be bothered with laying them down, taking off their pants.  I can tell just by sniffing if they need a change.  My husband HATES it when i do that.  (Charlie started doing this ever single time he took of his pull up for tubs, and I about died when his father caught him doing it. sulkoff.gif

#3 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post

The peeing in the shower thread got me thinking.  We all  do things we'd be mortified if caught doing but we do em.  What are yours?

This thread came up several years ago and some of the responses were hilarious.

I'll start...when I put on a pair of clean panties I always sniff em to make sure a dirty pair didn't accidentally end up in my clean clothes.  Even if I just took em out of the dryer.  Don't ask me why, but I do it. 

OK fess up

I thought I was the only one who smells mu undies before I wear them! I don't know why I do it either!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#4 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My dh smells everything first.  Socks, undies, food, drinks.  It's really funny and I hardly notice it now, but when we first got together I was all "wow, you're a freaky man".

#5 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Things I do when nobody is looking:

Sniff the armpits of my shirts to see if they're okay to wear again (but not if I know they're clean, that's just weird winky.gif)

Drive through the intersection even though the light is red, if it's 3 am and there isn't a car in sight.

Wear a non-approved bicycle helmet.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#6 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Oh... you don't even wanna know what goes on in this house.2whistle.gif

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#7 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 10:15 PM

Ok, this is super weird. I can't poop without reading material. I've been known to read the back of a shampoo bottle if I'm in a bathroom without a magazine. There is always a book on the stool next to my toilet. Weird.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#8 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishmommy View Post

Ok, this is super weird. I can't poop without reading material. I've been known to read the back of a shampoo bottle if I'm in a bathroom without a magazine. There is always a book on the stool next to my toilet. Weird.

biglaugh.gif Yup, same here.  I've been known to keep re-reading the ingredients on a shampoo bottle until I'm done if I'm desperate orngtongue.gif

I also pick wedgies out of my butt if I know no one is looking and talk to myself lol (not necessarily at the same time winky.gif).  Sometimes it's nice to get the thoughts out of my head if I don't have anyone to talk to. 

I find it funny that this question came up on a Scorpio full moon...the moon that brings up stuff that's normally hidden.

#9 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

Pick my nose while driving.

Fart.  Im actually one of the gassiest people I know, other then my husband, but hes only heard me fart a handful of times.   I hide it well.

When I change my kids, and im not sure if they peed, I smell the diaper.  Sometimes if we are un public I have to remind myself NOT to do this, Because i do it so often at home.  Sometimes, I actually sniff their crotch, so as to not be bothered with laying them down, taking off their pants.  I can tell just by sniffing if they need a change.  My husband HATES it when i do that.  (Charlie started doing this ever single time he took of his pull up for tubs, and I about died when his father caught him doing it. sulkoff.gif

We have similar secret behaviors! nod.gif  Before I read your post, I had picking my nose & farting as my answers to OP's question.  I also smell DS's pants/butt/crotch to see whether or not to change him. DP thinks it is weird when I smell his butt to see if he pooped - I just think it is so much easier that way!!

Erin - mama to my happy little guy, born April 09  kewl.gif

and my sweet baby, born July 12  babygirl.gif

#10 of 31 Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:

So glad I'm not the only one! LOL I adjust my cloth panty liner if it feels like it's not positioned right. I've been known to do this while walking down the street if there aren't any cars coming, also in the store.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#11 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

We are such a 'classy' bunch of folks....I am so glad to surrounded by you ladies !

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#12 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 AM

PHEW!  I was getting worried there for a minute that I am one nasty brawd.  LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumooned View Post

We have similar secret behaviors! nod.gif  Before I read your post, I had picking my nose & farting as my answers to OP's question.  I also smell DS's pants/butt/crotch to see whether or not to change him. DP thinks it is weird when I smell his butt to see if he pooped - I just think it is so much easier that way!!

#13 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 AM

I smell my armpits sometimes but not secretly lol.gif

#14 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post

My dh smells everything first.  Socks, undies, food, drinks.  It's really funny and I hardly notice it now, but when we first got together I was all "wow, you're a freaky man".

I thought my DH was the only one. Good to know.

He used to smell the silverware when we went to a restaurant. I only caught him doing it twice and wasn't sure I should keep dating him.

I told my mother and she thought is was cool that he used his senses. I don't know what I think of it. I guess it depends if I like him or not on the day he is smelling things.

#15 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM

If I really have to pee and no one else is home and I can't/don't want to run upstairs I go in DD's potty! whistling.gif She thinks it's great and claps for me!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#16 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 AM

Constant wedgie picker here!

Baby diaper crotch sniffer for sure.... but I don't hide that. I don't think that's gross.

#17 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM

I've been known to read the shampoo bottle more than a few times.  whistling.gif

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#18 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 AM

Nose picking, gas passing, and um   eating a spoonful of sugar from the bowl.  I very rarely do this (I am on WW?!?!) but I have done that.

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#19 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 AM

Ok, not at all what I thought this thread would be about.  Picking your nose? Farting?  Wedgies? I guess if the title is what do you do when no one is looking/are alone I could see these things.  But I don't stop farting, picking my nose or adjusting my undies because I might "get caught". Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And honestly how could someone catch you peeing in the shower unless they were barging in or you had just eaten a ton of asparagus? 

Now what would I do if I didn't think I would get caught? To me that's more of a moral question/dilemma.

I might have an affair- a purely sexual one.  But I won't because of the fear of getting caught, and my husband is not interested in an open marriage. Now if I could guarantee I wouldn't be caught.....

Plastic surgery- I would love to get a breast reduction, a tummy tuck and lipo. But I am too embarrassed to do it. Hows that for vanity? I am vain enough to want to do but too vain to want people to know I did it.

Rob a bank. Nah, just kidding!!! Don't think I could handle that!!!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#20 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM

I reenact commercials in the shower...soap, shampoo, razors...whatever I am doing I pretend that I am doing a commercial for it.

DD: I'm bored and want to play Me: What about me? I can play. DD: No thanks, I mean a real person.
#21 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 AM

My dog has seen most of my embarrasing moments.  

If one else is around, I sing loudly and enthusiastically (and my voice is just horrid) and sometimes I dance too.  I sniff my under arms to make sure my deodorant is still working, pull my hair up willy nilly with various banana clips (they work really well, but I look so stupid) I've been known to let out some pretty loud farts, pick at my face if I have a zit and I used to be a baby butt sniffer. 

If I could do anything without getting caught, I'd hack into my bank's files and "pay" off my mortgage and erase my credit card debt.

#22 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 AM

I always check my potty products before I flush.  And I often smell the TP after I wipe (pee).  I'm not sure why, it feels like I'm checking my health.

#23 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

OK I actually LOL at the acting out commercials one.

And reading on the the toilet.  I've been known to go in the bathroom thinking I had to only go number one, realize two is needed and yell for my kids to bring me my book. 

I can hear them at their therapists in 20 yrs....

#24 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM

I used to take showers with music on really loud and I would dance and pretend I was the hot girl in a music video bag.gif It is pretty rare that I can take a shower with music nowadays with all the kids!

I have a smell one too...I always smell my floss when I am doing my teeth...I don't know why I do, and everynight I get mad at myself for doing it!

#25 of 31 Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 PM

If I could do one thing, knowing I wouldn't get caught, I would rear-end cars who have bumper stickers that irk me and then drive away.  AND NOT GET CAUGHT!  MUAH HAH HAH!  I've ALWAYS wanted to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumooned View Post

I also smell DS's pants/butt/crotch to see whether or not to change him. DP thinks it is weird when I smell his butt to see if he pooped - I just think it is so much easier that way!!

How do you know if they've pooped or peed without smelling the butt (pre-communication, of course)?  Do people actually take off the full diaper to check?  I thought smelling was par for course...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post

I always check my potty products before I flush.

After I go poop, I always look at it in the toilet to see if there are worms.  redface.gif  It totally grosses me out, but I do it every time.  No idea why shrug.gif.  DH thinks I'm strange enough, I don't think he's ever seen me do it.  I won't let him in the bathroom if I'm pooping...

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#26 of 31 Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:

Me too!!!!  I will re-read a book or magazine for the 1000th time.  And both my sons do it, too.  My youngest always yell out - "Mom, can you get me a book?!?" when he's on the toilet.  He's the one who has to squat on the toilet seat to poop, too.  DD thinks we are all just *weird*.  nut.gif

#27 of 31 Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

If I could do one thing, knowing I wouldn't get caught, I would rear-end cars who have bumper stickers that irk me and then drive away.  AND NOT GET CAUGHT!  MUAH HAH HAH!  I've ALWAYS wanted to do that!

How do you know if they've pooped or peed without smelling the butt (pre-communication, of course)?  Do people actually take off the full diaper to check?  I thought smelling was par for course...?

After I go poop, I always look at it in the toilet to see if there are worms.  redface.gif  It totally grosses me out, but I do it every time.  No idea why shrug.gif.  DH thinks I'm strange enough, I don't think he's ever seen me do it.  I won't let him in the bathroom if I'm pooping...

I do that too! I am always checking for worms in dd's poop too...I'll probably never find any but oh well..here I am hoping to find worms in poop....I'm nuts.

Pretty much the same as everyone else although if  no one is around I will periodically sneak a sip of heavy cream from the fridge...LOVE it..

I also almost always drink milk out of the carton since I am the only one that drinks it here.. I never EVER do that at someone else's house though... I do have some semblance of mannerseyesroll.gif

#28 of 31 Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I have a smell one too...I always smell my floss when I am doing my teeth...I don't know why I do, and everynight I get mad at myself for doing it!

Ha! I do that too...

I'm of the nose-picking, shampoo-bottle-reading variety. If there is nothing to read, I've been known to analyze the toilet paper...

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#29 of 31 Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM

I am always smelling my armpits to make sure I don't stink.....  I also skip smelling my dd's diaper and just touch the inside of her diaper to see if it's wet.... (pretty bad huh??) yikes!           

#30 of 31 Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

My PEOPLE I have found you and we are now united...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page