How often do you shower? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: How often do you shower?
Every day 87 49.71%
Every other day 42 24.00%
3 times a week 22 12.57%
less than 3 times a week 24 13.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 AM
2xy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post

I almost always shower every day during AF because yeah, bleh. But then, AF only lasts about 2.5 days for me.

I turned 40 this year, and my periods have become long and annoying over the past several years. It's a couple of days of spotting/staining, full flow for a couple of days, and then 2-3 more days of spotting/staining. I'm over it! I used to have short cycles like you describe.

#92 of 101 Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xy View Post

I turned 40 this year, and my periods have become long and annoying over the past several years. It's a couple of days of spotting/staining, full flow for a couple of days, and then 2-3 more days of spotting/staining. I'm over it! I used to have short cycles like you describe.

Mine have shifted down to the length they are, although I do deal with at least a week of spotting in my cycle with the 2 or 3 days of full flow. Silly cycles!

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#93 of 101 Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM

I shower every day, but just wash my crotch area and underarms with soap.  I wash the rest of my body maybe once a week, if that.  I wash my hair twice a week.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#94 of 101 Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrey View Post

When I didn't have tiny kids, I showered every other or every third day, but now with the littles, I shower daily if possible. I guess I just feel dirtier, like there's always someone else's gunk and ooze plus my milk all over me lol.gif Plus, I'm right now newly postpartum and I swear the hormone shifts or nursing or something makes me extra stinky and sweaty and yuck. I'd probably shower 2x/day if there was ever the chance (HA)

Yes! This! I have big boobs that sit smooshed up together and it gets nasty stinky in there that it's too much for me to handle! Lol! Oh the things we share on here! Lol but every one of my girl friends have told me they did the same thing and it went away...must be the hormones. I cant wait to get my boobies fixed...smaller and UP! Hehehe!
#95 of 101 Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

ahh but you are missing the key word...a really fabulous word that just sounds lovely on it's own..."anal"...those little buggers are coming to get you whether you want them to or not...one can only clench their sphincter so tightly for the entire duration of a bath!

I was just about to head upstairs for a relaxing bath. I think I'll pass :) Anal skin cells! hahah

"Our truest opinions are not the ones we have never changed, but those to which we have most often returned."-Diderot
#96 of 101 Old 08-28-2011, 06:28 PM

every day my hair gets very greasy. sometimes i go every other but dont like too.

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#97 of 101 Old 08-29-2011, 09:12 AM

I take a shower 2x a day when its summer, and 1x a day when its winter!
I just couldn't imagine going days without a shower, I'd feel gross. lol

My DH is also a daily shower person. I am pregnant and I smell things ten times more, so when someone doesn't shower for 3 days, I will notice hahaha!

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#98 of 101 Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

Yeah, I think I'm glad DH showers daily. I can't imagine DTD w/someone who went days between showers. Maybe women aren't as dirty/sweaty, but doesn't everyone poop once a day?

Isn't that what the PTA wash-ups are for? I'm a daily showerer, but I don't think anyone has said that they just lets their bits and pieces ferment for the days between showers. I actually use a peri bottle as sort of a mini bidet after BMs, so I'm always spic-and-span in that area even if I haven't showered since early morning. loveeyes.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#99 of 101 Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM

I shower once a day. I cannot imagine not showering every day. I wash my hair every two days though. DH also showers every day. He certainly wouldn't be getting any from me if he didn't shower daily.

#100 of 101 Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebuggy View Post

I shower once a day. I cannot imagine not showering every day. I wash my hair every two days though. DH also showers every day. He certainly wouldn't be getting any from me if he didn't shower daily.

this.  all of it.

#101 of 101 Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
OH HOLY FUNNY!clap.gif You all got me laughing this morning.

Summer time I shower twice a day. I get dirty, I'm outside digging in something or cleaning up something.
Winter time... eh... often enough.

However dirty time... I'll give it a good cleaning before all that fun happens. I want no hesitation when it comes to getting my just dues!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page