privacy advice -- I'm concerned about Mothing and everyone's safety - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 102 Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelionkid View Post

I went over to check it out. It's understandable to want to snark about people who have different opinions from you. What gives me the creepy-crawlies are the threads not intending to snark where they pretend to care and be empathetic about someone's pain. Just so slimy to sit around and go "oh poor girl" amongst themselves under the guise of caring. Using someone else's pain for entertainment is so pathetic. Won't go back again- too creepy.

yeahthat.gif

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Vegetarian Spiritual wife to Joshua (HS sweetheart, together since 1999); mother of Eve (Dec 2003)  Cian (March 2009), and Sage (March 2011)! <--uc.jpg!
geek.gifMy book about what I learned from my experiences with childbirth was published April 2011. om.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 102 Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelionkid View Post

Can you PM me that website? I'd like to be forewarned...

Me too?

The idea of that never even occurred to me...

Me too, please! Thanks!

#93 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamieCole View Post

Me too, please! Thanks!

me three please, if you don't mind!! Or can you just post it here?

#94 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 PM

I would really like to see mothering inform every user on this board about the "planted" discussions!  I feel like it is their responsibility to somehow inform every user on here that threads started by Mothering may be posted on facebook.

Looking through one of the threads I saw mamas with pics of their kids as avatars, usernames that could be real names, and siggys with birthdays.......

While I think it is perfectly within their rights to do what they are doing, and great that they are asking the community here- hearing us out- and offering suggestions, I like the planted threads they are fine----

But I do not think mothering.com is doing it with clean hands until they inform every user on here about it first.

The mamas on here need to know, and have the option of changing their avatars, usernames, siggys, if they feel the need to do so.

I suggest adding a siggy that allows posters to see that their posts may be shared elsewhere.... or sending a pm to notify every person on here.

#95 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Yeah, the planted discussions annoy the heck out of me. I don't participate in them.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#96 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

I completely agree too. I'm sad that I felt the need to edit a few recent posts after I found out the was posted on facebook. 

HOW do you find out?

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#97 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 03:00 PM

^ Probably by looking on Facebook.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#98 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 03:03 PM

OMG I just googled myself and I cam right up with my old address! WTH is spokeo?! They have a pic of my baby on there! They also have my old address and my PHONE NUMBER! They have my cell phone number listed under my name HOW did they get that? I am freaking out...It has a PIC of my house!

They have my NEW address too, phone number, family history including grandmothers WTH This is not OK I am a r@pe victim that was in a domestic violence shelter and you can just google me like that?!

I am on 123 people too My wedding photos?! UGH

OMG my meetup.com playdates come right up. That is scary b/c it's like my name with my DD going to this address at this time...FML.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#99 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

OMG I just googled myself and I cam right up with my old address! WTH is spokeo?! They have a pic of my baby on there! They also have my old address and my PHONE NUMBER! They have my cell phone number listed under my name HOW did they get that? I am freaking out...

They have my NEW address too, phone number, family history including grandmothers WTH This is not OK I am a r@pe victim that was in a domestic violence shelter and you can just google me like that?!

I just checked too. I'm on there, and some of the information is correct. Some though...totally wrong! Makes me wonder how they gathered it.I'm guessing the phone number and address is from the phone company..that's public, right? They probably piece together other stuff from Facebook and Twitter, if you're on there. For a price, you can have information on my house layout, my income level, my interests, even my astrological information. Not necessarily accurate information though.

#100 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 03:25 PM

mine was all accurate I am pretty terrified right now.

#101 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Yeah, the planted discussions annoy the heck out of me. I don't participate in them.

I don't post on them, either. I deliberately have made the decision in my life not to be Fbook user.
#102 of 102 Old 05-30-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I don't post on them, either. I deliberately have made the decision in my life not to be Fbook user.

I will not participate either! Since so many are are just reworded original posts from actual users if I feel the need to respond I do so in that thread but even there I am cautionary

I am a FB user but my only "friends" are IRL life ones and relatives. It's an easy way to stay in touch since we are all over world. The only pages I "like" ares ones I am personally committed too ie: a few local charities and some family pages.  I will never "like" mothering or any other commercial site. 

Pardon me while I puke.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page