What we have all been waiting for... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...or not...see post 49 from Peggy...

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1317537/how-do-you-talk-to-your-kids-about-politicized-homophobia-and-bigotry/40#post_16517863

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

#2 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 AM

Sorry - NOT! This is a response in a thread in a very targeted forum, and not even remotely close to a forum wide apology. Mothering needs to announce their official stance on homophobia and bigotry, and not just keep trying to hush up those who are upset. nono02.gif

sleepytime.gif
#3 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
ssh

Yes and it needs to be an apology that takes responsibility for the mistakes not just excuses for what happened, and also not just an attempt to placate people.

#4 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 AM

I think it is nice to see something being said about the whole thing...and maybe I'm totally off base here...but to me it seems like tucking it away like that is another act of homophobia. I understand feeling like maybe that was the part of MDC that would be hardest hit, and it is nice to see some special attention from the higher ups going there. However, the special attention being only there seems like "lets pacify this group, keep them quiet, and quickly move on". Under rug swept and all. Doesn't sit right with me.

#5 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Pfftt...... not even close. She's "open to making an apology", but that was far from it. It was kind of like a pat on the head and a condescending "well, it's okay to be offended, but we really didn't do anything wrong". And really, way to throw your employees under the bus.

"We submit to the majority because we have to. But we are not compelled to call our attitude of subjection a posture of respect."
Ambrose Bierce 
#6 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixMommaToTwo View Post

Pfftt...... not even close. She's "open to making an apology", but that was far from it. It was kind of like a pat on the head and a condescending "well, it's okay to be offended, but we really didn't do anything wrong". And really, way to throw your employees under the bus.

this.  To me it feels like she only did it so she can say "Look I apologize now shut up", even though that's the worst apology ever and it's hidden in a forum that isn't viewed by a lot of MDC.

obstruct livery vehicles

#7 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm baffled. There was a forum-wide note from Peggy that I clicked on and read and now I can't find it. headscratch.gif

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#8 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Me too. I found the direct link in my browser history, but I can't find it on the site anymore. Maybe it disappears after you read it once?

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#9 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Me too. I found the direct link in my browser history, but I can't find it on the site anymore. Maybe it disappears after you read it once?

It is on the top of every page on the forum, highlighted in blue. It is entitled: Dear Mothering Community Members. I read it and it is still there. If you accidentally clicked on the X at the upper right hand corner of the announcement it would have closed and vanished. (every announcement does this). Perhaps that is why it disappeared for you?

Did the announcement just go up, or is no one seeing it?
#10 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

In the Q&S forum, Cynthia explained that it shows 12 times (the max that the settings allow) per member. So once you've clicked through 12 pages with the announcement at the top, it won't show for you anymore. She did provide a direct link so that people for whom it's disappeared can still view it. 

Here's the thread (Cynthia's post that I referred to is #535). 

Here's the direct link to the announcement. 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#11 of 11 Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

It still only addresses one of the very bad decisions that have popped up recently, but I guess it is something...unfortunately, it is likely TLTL for many members that have given up. I hope they understand that it cannot be business as usual - once the trust has been broken, it takes a lot of work to gain it back.

Funny enough, I had stayed out of all the long discussion threads, but the first "apology" today made me so upset in light of the gravity of the offenses that have occurred.

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page