I found another woman's panties in our clean laundry - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I were folding laundry this evening and I came across a pair of someone else's underwear. I held them up and asked him calmly if there was something he needed to tell me. Like... do you have a secret granny fetish you never told me about?

The panties are HUGE. Enormous. As in, I've never seen their like. They are only a size 8, but they put every pair of granny panties I've ever seen to shame. They are a shiny white satin, lace trimmed, and when I held them up against me they went from my crotch to right up under my breasts. They are my size and yet they billow.They are quite possibly the most un-sexy things I have ever seen in my entire life. DH and I keep dying of laughter whenever we see them.

The question is: where the heck did they come from? HOW did these get in our laundry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 PM

You use some public washing machines, right? I'm not sure how it happens, but sometimes it seems you end up with an extra garment or two. I guess the owner missed it when removing their clothes from the machine.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, we only use our own washer now.

I was thinking about it, and I did buy a pair of pants at a garage sale the other day. But I tried on the pants before I washed them and they fit like a glove. No room for an extra pair of undies in there!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 PM

.  . . . your own washer, at home?  I would have no idea.  (and would be ROTFLMAO.gifon finding something like that myself)  

Any guests lately?  Clothes can get left in bedsheets.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM

maybe they were in a pocket of the pants

Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 PM

Or stuck in one of the legs near the ankle.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
Old 06-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Would the panties fit your husband? blush.gif  

Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM

how long since you used a public washer? could they have gotten left in a laundry bag/hamper and just now integrated into the mix?

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammomma View Post

Would the panties fit your husband? blush.gif  

Oh lordy, if they did I would have to severely question his taste! LOL!

I haven't used a public washer in years and years now. We've moved twice since then, no way we would have missed them.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Any guests (in-laws, etc.) in the last few months?

I have no other ideas - sounds so strange!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm curious what you all would think if they were "sexy" panties instead of granny panties.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'd probably be wondering the same thing even if they were hot undies. It would make it more likely that we would find some: we have friends over sometimes, and small bits of laundry sometimes get brought in on a coat, or maybe I would have accidentally brought them home from a sleepover at a friends, or small undies would be more likely to go unnoticed in the leg of my garage sale pants...
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

so that's where my missing panties went!

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Post a photo, they might be mine.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 PM

They sure ain't mine... I prefer lace thongs.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 AM

stayed in any hotels recently? could have gotten picked up and shoved into a suitcase?

Yeah if they were sexy panties no way would anyone believe that DH had nothing to do with this. I think the the granny panties plus the laughter makes it easier to think that maybe it wasn't DH.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

I'm curious what you all would think if they were "sexy" panties instead of granny panties.

The OP doesn't sound like she has any suspicion that her dh is cheating, and I'm going with her gut. And, I remember a pair of panties turning up years ago - weren't granny panties, but they weren't really sexy, either...just ordinary briefs, slightly high cut on the leg. They weren't my size (smaller, not bigger) and I never did figure out where they came from. But, I've had mysterious towels appear in my stuff (think that was an overnight guest) and a mysterious t-shirt (think that was an ex-roomie, but I never saw him wear it) and random kids clothes of all types. The fact that it was underwear really wouldn't trigger anything for me.

And, honestly...if my dh were cheating on me, and was dumb enough to bring home his girlfriend's underwear, I'm pretty sure I'd catch him eventually, anyway. That's not very bright. (On that front, the fact that they were granny panties makes me less suspicious, simply because I could imagine someone having a thong stuffed in his pocket without noticing...but it would be awfully hard to overlook the underwear in the OP.)

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 06-28-2011, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I remember when I bought a strapless bra for my wedding, and the lady asked if I wanted the matching briefs. I said "Sure", thinking that one may as well wear matching underwear for once on one's wedding day... The pair that went with the bra could probably have been twins with the pair you describe (or heck, the same pair... I have no idea what I did with them!). HUGE. Why the lady at the shop thought a woman might want to wear up-to-the-armpits granny pants on her wedding day, I do not know. In retrospect, I should have sewed up the legs and waist, stuffed them and used them as a pillow for the rings.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I remember when I bought a strapless bra for my wedding, and the lady asked if I wanted the matching briefs. I said "Sure", thinking that one may as well wear matching underwear for once on one's wedding day... The pair that went with the bra could probably have been twins with the pair you describe (or heck, the same pair... I have no idea what I did with them!). HUGE. Why the lady at the shop thought a woman might want to wear up-to-the-armpits granny pants on her wedding day, I do not know. In retrospect, I should have sewed up the legs and waist, stuffed them and used them as a pillow for the rings.

biglaugh.gif

Old 06-29-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post

They sure ain't mine... I prefer lace thongs.

*fans self*

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM

I am voting that they were stuck inside the new jeans.

Once, when DD was about 2.5yo, we went to the bookstore and turned around and saw a turquoise satiny cloth under DD's feet. I got closer and realized they were MY undies! I still don't know if they had been stuck inside her shirt, her pants, my shirt, my pants? Fortunately, I was able to snatch them up before anybody else did.

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

Old 06-30-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amma_mama View Post

Once, when DD was about 2.5yo, we went to the bookstore and turned around and saw a turquoise satiny cloth under DD's feet. I got closer and realized they were MY undies! I still don't know if they had been stuck inside her shirt, her pants, my shirt, my pants? Fortunately, I was able to snatch them up before anybody else did.

I've had this happen too, though I was wearing skinny jeans. I walked around all night with my underpants bundled up in one leg. lol.gif

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM

My niece's lovey is a pair of my sister's satiny panties. I am in awe of my sister that she lets her have them. I would be waaaaayyyy too embarrassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amma_mama View Post

Mommy to kids

Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Maybe your husband has an undisclosed fetish.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 07-05-2011, 04:33 PM

My first thought would be a cheating husband, regardless of style of panties.  There are very few ways a stranger's undergarments can get mixed in with your own clothing. 

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylcd View Post

My first thought would be a cheating husband, regardless of style of panties.  There are very few ways a stranger's undergarments can get mixed in with your own clothing. 

But don't you think the other woman'd notice that she didn't have her underwear on? I'm not very clothes conscious, but I would notice the lack of panties.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

Maybe your husband has an undisclosed fetish.

Yup, and I think that's what Dear Abby would suggest, too!   orngbiggrin.gif

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylcd View Post

Agreed! And maybe the woman gave him her panties as a joke to look after them for her or whatever, that does happen. Or simply she strangely forgot to put them back on, maybe she had been drinking or they were in a rush to get re-dressed, who knows? so he kept them ready to give back next time they meet up. Cheater! ...

ps big panties are comfy! lol

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hahahaha you guys! All these ideas...

Honestly though, I can swear on my life that my husband is not having an affair, nor do the undies belong to him.

User Tag List