Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Talk Amongst Ourselves (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/)
-   -   JFF-If you were getting engaged/married again, would you want different rings? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/16-talk-amongst-ourselves/1320997-jff-if-you-were-getting-engaged-married-again-would-you-want-different-rings.html)

tinybutterfly 07-09-2011 10:29 PM

I am bored. 

 

Also, I like jewelry. 

 

And most people who are married or engaged or committed have rings. It's always interesting to me to hear or see what everyone else has, what they like, what they don't like, etc.

 

So...if you were getting engaged/married or getting remarried, renewing vows, whatever, would you want the same rings you have now, something different, or if it's your first time around, what would you like? 

 

I have really traditional rings. I wear a set I got for our 25th anniversary, 2 mm platinum band paired with a dainty five-stone anniversary band. Low-set, low maintainance, doesn't catch on anything.

 

I just ordered a sterling silver rose ring with a tiny diamond set in the center and will probably pair it with a very thin white gold band I already have just because...it's pretty and different. It would make a nice change. Less traditional than what I normally wear. 

 

Oh, and the jeweler uses all recycled metals and recycled diamonds from old jewelry. Non-conflict. 

 

What about you? What do have? Do you like your rings? What would you like? 

 

I'll try to post pics. 

 

RSCN0736.JPG

 

 

 


tinybutterfly 07-09-2011 10:30 PM

What I just ordered. 

 

rose&silver.jpg


tinybutterfly 07-09-2011 10:33 PM

P.S. I am a terrible thread hostess. I will forget I even started this thread! Carry on...I'll eventually wander back! lol! bag.gif


QueenOfTheMeadow 07-10-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post

What I just ordered. 

 

rose&silver.jpg


Oooo, I like that! So pretty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post

P.S. I am a terrible thread hostess. I will forget I even started this thread! Carry on...I'll eventually wander back! lol! bag.gif


lol.gif I'll track you down!

As far as rings, I wouldn't change mine. It's my great-grandmother's diamond, just reset, since her ring was so worn. I adored my great-grandmother and having her ring makes me remember all the wonderful stories she used to make up for me. love.gif Maybe someday I'll get to leave it to a greatgrand dd.

tinybutterfly 07-10-2011 07:29 AM

Thanks! For complimenting the ring and for offering to track me down if I get all ADD and forget I even started a thread! lol! 

 

A family stone is so special. heartbeat.gif

 

You are lucky! 


A&A 07-10-2011 08:00 AM

I now see rings as a cultural sanction of mass advertising.  And when you think about the civil wars that are fueled by "blood diamonds," it makes it even worse.  We usually don't wear our rings, and wouldn't buy them again if we had to make the choice over. 


onlyzombiecat 07-10-2011 09:10 AM

 I loved my engagement ring but it does not fit me now. I would not change it. It was a unique ring that was pretty inexpensive but meaningful. No diamonds for me as I don't like them.

I got a new wedding band a couple of years ago because my previous wedding band did not fit anymore. I'm happy with it.

 


liliaceae 07-10-2011 05:36 PM

Yes, I would definitely change them. I have a thin platinum band and a half carat solitaire diamond on a platinum band. They're pretty and simple, but it kind of makes me ill to think I'm wearing $3000 on my finger. I'd sell the diamond if I could get most of the money back, and get something much, much cheaper. They don't hold any sentimental value to me, even though I love my husband dearly. It's funny how much your perspective can change in just a few years.

ollyoxenfree 07-10-2011 06:19 PM

 

I still love my rings, a plain slender gold band and a diamond brilliant cut with shoulder baguettes. If I were getting rings now, I probably wouldn't want the diamond engagement ring. If I did get it, I'd definitely be more careful about the source of the diamonds. I have no idea where they are from, but now I'd make sure they are "clean". I would get the same plain gold band - I love how simple it is. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, so it suits me.


katelove 07-10-2011 06:20 PM

I love my rings! I wouldn't change them. I have a handmade white gold wedding ring and a diamond trio engagement ring which looks like this one. DH's wedding ring matches mine and we both wear our rings all the time.


ollyoxenfree 07-10-2011 06:23 PM



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post

What I just ordered. 

 

rose&silver.jpg



That is lovely.

 


Ellp 07-10-2011 07:16 PM

If we were going to do it again I think I'd change my rings a bit.  Dh was quite insistant on a certain style of engagement ring as he wanted one that was like his mom's.  My wedding band had to match so its just a plain squared off 18K yellow gold band. 

 

If I had my choice again, I'd round off the squared edges so its a softer ring to wear.  As for the engagement ring, I'd have the rounded edges too, but maybe with some side stones so its a more romantic looking traditional ring.


Smokering 07-10-2011 07:28 PM

Tinybutterfly, that's beautiful!

 

I love my rings. :) DH and I looked everywhere in town before he finally pointed to one and said "What about that?". It wasn't an official engagement ring, because its main stone is a sapphire (I'm not keen on diamonds), so it was cheap! :p I initially wanted a big chunky Celtic knotwork-type ring, but eventually conceded that it would look ridiculous on my tiny hand. The ring we chose is small, with a tiny bit of knotwork/detaily stuff on either side of a sapphire flanked by two cubit zirconia. The jeweler tried to bully us into upgrading to real diamonds (for a mere thousand dollars - heh). DH would have caved, but I talked him out of it, so we could buy an awesome knife set instead. :p I wasn't really aware of the blood diamonds thing back then, I just didn't see the point in upgrading when the cubit zirconia looked just fine!

 

If I had to do it again I might like a slightly darker sapphire - mine's a Ceylonese sapphire and sort of changes colour depending on the light, and I like it better when it looks darker. But other than that, I love 'em. We got them in rose gold - DH's ring too - and people always comment on it. I'm also glad I took the advice of a friend and did the "baby-scratching test" against my cheek, to make sure the stones didn't stick out too far so as to scratch babies or get caught on knitted clothes or whatever. I wanted to wear them every day, and I didn't want it to cause havoc! (That also put the kybosh on my idea of a seed-pearl ring. Apparently seed pearls dissolve if you so much as wash the dishes with them or look at 'em funny - pretty, but not at all heavy-duty.)

 

Sadly, I took my rings off for my recent pregnancy, and now I've had the baby they don't seem to fit back on! I'm hoping it's a temporary thing... fingers don't permanently grow during pregnancy, do they? I know feet can... but my rings fit fine after I had DD, so I don't know why my fingers would wait for my second pregnancy to become fatter. I'll be very annoyed if I can't wear them any more, and we can't afford to get them resized at the moment.


cat13 07-10-2011 08:28 PM

Our rings are handmade wooden rings made from Koa wood (from Hawaii, where we live right now) and California Oak (since we met in CA). They are so beautiful and special and I am so in love with them.... BUT... I voted to get simple titanium bands instead of these. I'm much more utilitarian than DH, and I hate that I have to take my ring off for things like swimming, gardening, etc. We both only wear our rings a few days of the week because of this. While I don't mind being ring-less, I hate having to take it off/put it on.  

 

As for changing finger sizes in pregnancy... I hope mine don't! They are already pretty large now as it is. I've been ok with mine so far, except on days that I am really swollen.

 

rings.jpg


QueenOfTheMeadow 07-10-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Our rings are handmade wooden rings made from Koa wood (from Hawaii, where we live right now) and California Oak (since we met in CA). They are so beautiful and special and I am so in love with them.... BUT... I voted to get simple titanium bands instead of these. I'm much more utilitarian than DH, and I hate that I have to take my ring off for things like swimming, gardening, etc. We both only wear our rings a few days of the week because of this. While I don't mind being ring-less, I hate having to take it off/put it on.  

 

As for changing finger sizes in pregnancy... I hope mine don't! They are already pretty large now as it is. I've been ok with mine so far, except on days that I am really swollen.

 

rings.jpg


Those are beautiful! But I can totally understand not wanting to deal with teh trouble of taking them off and on. Maybe you could get gold or white gold plain rings and then just wear your other rings on special occasions (if you want to have a ring on that is!)

cat13 07-10-2011 08:42 PM

Yeah, I think I might just get a simple titanium band at some point. But with baby coming next month, it seems like all we buy these days is baby stuff!


mamalisa 07-11-2011 08:18 AM

Cat13, your rings are beautiful!

 

This is going to sound shallow, but whatever.  I wish I would have got a bigger fancier ring.  I was 22 and being very conservative because we didn't have much money.  Now it's 15 (!!!) years later and we're in a much different place financially.  I love my ring, but it's not really "me" now.  Plus it doesn't fit my RA swollen hands so I'm wearing  a cheap ring I bought in Vegas.  I'd really like to have my ring reset so I'm going to start saving for that.  It's got great diamonds so I'm sure I can make it something 40 year old me loves instead of 22 year old me :)


tinybutterfly 07-11-2011 09:20 AM

I've loved reading all the replies and I remembered to come back! 

 

Those wooden bands are LOVELY! 

 

mamalisa, it doesn't sound shallow. Our taste changes. 

 

Smokering, I LOVE sapphire wedding sets! 

 

And I get why some people are uncomfortable with diamonds. Even wearing a previously owned, conflict-free diamond or CZ might make some people uncomfortable. 

 

It's just fun to hear what everyone has, what they like, what they don't like, what they'd change...

 

I have my original ring set still. A lot of days I don't even put any rings on or I use a very, very thin white gold band. 

 

If I were starting totally over today...I don't know. I'll have to think about it. 

 

I like the sterling rose ring for a change, something pretty and less standard. 

 

There was a woman I met once who had an antique, art deco? style ring as her wedding ring. There was no band and it wasn't a set. It was kind of like this. I have always thought it was so pretty. 

 

r2881hand.jpg


Katie T 07-11-2011 06:14 PM

OP I love your original set as well as the new one! 

 

DH is just a plain silver band. He can't wear it at work so never wears it and went to put it on for your wedding anniversary dinner and we can't find it lol.

 

Mine is yellow gold with a 1/3 princess cut stone in the middle and 2 smaller stones one either side and then 3 tiny stones on either side below that. My wedding band is a row of like 8 tiny diamonds. Now that I am older I don't wear the wedding band because it looks to flashy for my taste (when wearing the whole set) but when I got it I loved it. Alone it is fine but I love my engagement ring so that is what I wear. 


Smokering 07-11-2011 10:00 PM

 

Quote:
And I get why some people are uncomfortable with diamonds. Even wearing a previously owned, conflict-free diamond or CZ might make some people uncomfortable.

Oh, I'm not anti-them on a political/ethical level. Well, blood diamonds, yes, obviously. But I don't hold to the view that cubit zirconia or ethically-sourced diamonds shouldn't be worn because they're promoting the wearing of diamonds... like the argument that wearing fake fur encourages people to wear real fur. I think that's taking personal responsibility to a slightly paranoid level... and I sincerely doubt that my cubit zirconia have caused anyone to rush out and buy actual diamonds.

 

No, I'm just not that keen on how diamonds look, compared to my favourite stones (sapphires and pearls). Not too fussed on emeralds either, but then, no-one seems to feel that a "proper" engagement ring should have emeralds, so it's not an issue. :p My sapphire ring usually gets compliments, but I have had a few slightly pitying "Oh, that's pretty" comments from people who obviously felt I'd been cheated out of my rightful diamond! (And yes, my ring is tiny, but anything bigger would dwarf my hand. So no, I'm not going to "upgrade to a bigger one" when "we're more financially secure"...)

 

Now, my sister lost an argument with her DH when they got engaged. She'd made it VERY clear that she wanted to help pick the ring, and that he was not to do the present-a-small-box-while-proposing thing. But he did it anyway. Which I think was kind of rotten of him - but what could she do, say no? Well, she coulda... but she didn't. :p The ring's OK - a pretty standard diamond-on-a-band, which isn't nearly as original as I suspect she'd have chosen herself; but it has a really high profile and must catch on stuff and scratch it all the time. Anyway, if he felt the proposal scenario wouldn't have been complete without presenting a ring in a box, couldn't he have chosen a token ring for her to wear until they got around to finding one together? A shell ring or something? People do that. I mean, she had expressly asked him not to choose the ring ahead of time... and she's the one who has to wear it.

 

Aaaaand, I don't know why I'm getting so riled up about this, especially as it was over a year ago. :p


BirthIsAwesome 07-11-2011 11:21 PM

I love my rings so much, but unfortunately have been dealing with an ezcema flare-up and the rings were irritating it so I haven't worn them in months. Mine is a plain white-gold band with an engagement band channel set with 5 tiny sapphires and 4 tiny diamonds, alternating. It looks like this. I've always loved sapphires and did NOT want an engagement ring that had a gem sticking up to catch on things, so this was perfect for me and perfect for our budget too :) 


tinybutterfly 07-12-2011 08:44 AM



Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Tinybutterfly, that's beautiful!

 

I love my rings. :) DH and I looked everywhere in town before he finally pointed to one and said "What about that?". It wasn't an official engagement ring, because its main stone is a sapphire (I'm not keen on diamonds), so it was cheap! :p I initially wanted a big chunky Celtic knotwork-type ring, but eventually conceded that it would look ridiculous on my tiny hand. The ring we chose is small, with a tiny bit of knotwork/detaily stuff on either side of a sapphire flanked by two cubit zirconia. The jeweler tried to bully us into upgrading to real diamonds (for a mere thousand dollars - heh). DH would have caved, but I talked him out of it, so we could buy an awesome knife set instead. :p I wasn't really aware of the blood diamonds thing back then, I just didn't see the point in upgrading when the cubit zirconia looked just fine!

 

If I had to do it again I might like a slightly darker sapphire - mine's a Ceylonese sapphire and sort of changes colour depending on the light, and I like it better when it looks darker. But other than that, I love 'em. We got them in rose gold - DH's ring too - and people always comment on it. I'm also glad I took the advice of a friend and did the "baby-scratching test" against my cheek, to make sure the stones didn't stick out too far so as to scratch babies or get caught on knitted clothes or whatever. I wanted to wear them every day, and I didn't want it to cause havoc! (That also put the kybosh on my idea of a seed-pearl ring. Apparently seed pearls dissolve if you so much as wash the dishes with them or look at 'em funny - pretty, but not at all heavy-duty.)

 

Sadly, I took my rings off for my recent pregnancy, and now I've had the baby they don't seem to fit back on! I'm hoping it's a temporary thing... fingers don't permanently grow during pregnancy, do they? I know feet can... but my rings fit fine after I had DD, so I don't know why my fingers would wait for my second pregnancy to become fatter. I'll be very annoyed if I can't wear them any more, and we can't afford to get them resized at the moment.



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post

Cat13, your rings are beautiful!

 

This is going to sound shallow, but whatever.  I wish I would have got a bigger fancier ring.  I was 22 and being very conservative because we didn't have much money.  Now it's 15 (!!!) years later and we're in a much different place financially.  I love my ring, but it's not really "me" now.  Plus it doesn't fit my RA swollen hands so I'm wearing  a cheap ring I bought in Vegas.  I'd really like to have my ring reset so I'm going to start saving for that.  It's got great diamonds so I'm sure I can make it something 40 year old me loves instead of 22 year old me :)



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

 

Oh, I'm not anti-them on a political/ethical level. Well, blood diamonds, yes, obviously. But I don't hold to the view that cubit zirconia or ethically-sourced diamonds shouldn't be worn because they're promoting the wearing of diamonds... like the argument that wearing fake fur encourages people to wear real fur. I think that's taking personal responsibility to a slightly paranoid level... and I sincerely doubt that my cubit zirconia have caused anyone to rush out and buy actual diamonds.

 

No, I'm just not that keen on how diamonds look, compared to my favourite stones (sapphires and pearls). Not too fussed on emeralds either, but then, no-one seems to feel that a "proper" engagement ring should have emeralds, so it's not an issue. :p My sapphire ring usually gets compliments, but I have had a few slightly pitying "Oh, that's pretty" comments from people who obviously felt I'd been cheated out of my rightful diamond! (And yes, my ring is tiny, but anything bigger would dwarf my hand. So no, I'm not going to "upgrade to a bigger one" when "we're more financially secure"...)

 

Now, my sister lost an argument with her DH when they got engaged. She'd made it VERY clear that she wanted to help pick the ring, and that he was not to do the present-a-small-box-while-proposing thing. But he did it anyway. Which I think was kind of rotten of him - but what could she do, say no? Well, she coulda... but she didn't. :p The ring's OK - a pretty standard diamond-on-a-band, which isn't nearly as original as I suspect she'd have chosen herself; but it has a really high profile and must catch on stuff and scratch it all the time. Anyway, if he felt the proposal scenario wouldn't have been complete without presenting a ring in a box, couldn't he have chosen a token ring for her to wear until they got around to finding one together? A shell ring or something? People do that. I mean, she had expressly asked him not to choose the ring ahead of time... and she's the one who has to wear it.

 

Aaaaand, I don't know why I'm getting so riled up about this, especially as it was over a year ago. :p



The saleswoman we worked with when dh bought the last car we purchased had a GORGEOUS sapphire engagment ring. It had a dark blue emerald-cut ( rectangular) sapphire in the center and two smaller emerald-cut diamonds on either side, very much like katelove's ring. I was gawking I am sure and I did tell her how beautiful I thought it was. And it wasn't large, it was just so pretty!

 

Oh, my fingers stayed bigger after my second preganancy for about a year? then went back down in size. Hopefully, your's will, too! 

 

My MIL had her rings reset into a band with a clasp in the back, so she could get the set over her knuckle, then tighten it once it was in place. That worked really well for her.

 

I know. I don't have issues with CZ or conflict-free diamonds either. And some of my rings were purchased before I knew about that stuff, but putting them away now is like shutting the barn door after the horse is already out. If I purchase again, I will be more mindful.

 

I totally get the issue with your sister's engagement scenario and the emotions tied to it. We had a similar "mess" and 29 years later it still has not really been straightened out. It was never about the ring per se, but about not being heard ( and then later not being heard again and again!) so I wear my anniversary rings most of the time. For some people it's just a ring and they are not jewelry people. For me, it was a very sentimental piece of jewelry and I AM a jewelry person. And I get that if your sister is the one who is going to wear it for the rest of her married life, it should at least be something she likes. 

 

I just typed a long explanation of what went on with our rings and then deleted it. Um, yea TMI. shy.gif

 

I think most people don't use emeralds as an engagement stone because they are fairly delicate and can't be worn on an everyday basis usually. I guess you could, but would just have to realize the stone might chip or scratch easily.

 

Sapphires and rubies are more commen in engagement rings over in Europe I think? Here in the States people tend to traditionally get diamonds and also bigger diamonds than in other countries. 

 

Here's a thread from a jewelry-lover's site full of colored engagement rings. Keep in mind these folks LOVE gemstones and often ( not always) go for the bigger is better line, though I have seen some gorgeous smaller rings there, the "average" size of member's stones who post pictures at pricescope is inflated because these are major gemstone fans. 

 

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy-t29435.html

 

I am part magpie or crow, too, and I LOVE to go look at jewelry stores, etsy and I used to visit pricescope regularly just to look at all the pretty pieces. I notice other people's jewelry and will often remark on pretty pieces. 

 

Thanks so much for sharing in this thread everyone! I really do love seeing or hearing about what you all have, like, don't like, etc. It's fun to see the variety. 

 

If I had the chance to start from scratch...I am still not sure what I would do. 

 

I do like my anniversary bands a lot. Like I said, that is what I mostly wear. I have some right-hand rings I sometimes wear on my lefthand with just the plain band if I feel like switching things up. 

 

I should have been a pirate. Arrrrrrrr! winky.gif

 


insidevoice 07-12-2011 08:58 AM

DH and I just had simple bands.  His was destroyed and we have replaced it.  Mine still exists, and I like the sentimental concept but!  I want something different.  I hint to DH, but he is clueless.  One of these days I am just going to get something for myself. :P

 


Kyamo 07-12-2011 10:33 AM

Mine is a really simple ring with a tear shaped diamond.  I still like the way it looks, but I have to take it off to wash dishes, because it can catch and tear rubber gloves as I put them on or take them off, and that bugs me.  I was looking for a ring that stuck out less at the time, but I couldn't find one that would sit flat against a plain gold band.  I would never replace it though, because a new ring wouldn't have the emotional significance.    


Arduinna 07-12-2011 10:34 AM

We got new ones when had the sacrament of marriage this year, when we became Catholic. When had our civil ceremony almost 20 years ago we eloped and didn't even have rings, dh put his fathers ring on me and then I gave it back to him. So I'd never worn a ring that I was married with. I had various rings I wore over the years that represented wedding rings but the ones we have now we were married with and they were blessed at our wedding by the priest so they are sacramentals also. 

 

 


claras_mom 07-12-2011 10:40 AM

I love my engagement ring. The main diamond isn't all that large, but is cut in a way that gives it amazing depth. And it casts rainbows. I forget what the jeweler called it. If we were doing it again, I might have the ring made in 18 carat instead of 14 carat gold.

It was really hard to choose a wedding band. I didn't want anything that was made to fit together with the other ring, just something that complimented it, so I wound up with a really plain band. If I had it to do again, I'd get one to match dh's, because it has a beautiful braid down the middle, and I would obsess less about how it "went with" the other.

Caneel 07-13-2011 07:26 AM



Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post

This is going to sound shallow, but whatever.  I wish I would have got a bigger fancier ring.  I was 22 and being very conservative because we didn't have much money.  Now it's 15 (!!!) years later and we're in a much different place financially.  I love my ring, but it's not really "me" now.  Plus it doesn't fit my RA swollen hands so I'm wearing  a cheap ring I bought in Vegas.  I'd really like to have my ring reset so I'm going to start saving for that.  It's got great diamonds so I'm sure I can make it something 40 year old me loves instead of 22 year old me :)


 

I understand this.  While I like my rings, I would pick something different nearly 20 years later.  My original set is quite complex and I don't wear them often.  If I had it to do over, I would get a larger, simple solitare and a simple but wide band.  DH bought me a cast gold ring to match his but it is chunky and it bothers my finger at times.
 

 


Quote:

Originally Posted by tinybutterfly 

I think most people don't use emeralds as an engagement stone because they are fairly delicate and can't be worn on an everyday basis usually. I guess you could, but would just have to realize the stone might chip or scratch easily.

 


Good emeralds are also very expensive.  I went through a period where I wanted an emerald cut emerald ring and the jeweler (a cousin of mine) said it would be over $8,000 and that a good diamond would be less expensive.
 

 


Lynn08 07-13-2011 06:44 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

Our rings are handmade wooden rings made from Koa wood (from Hawaii, where we live right now) and California Oak (since we met in CA). They are so beautiful and special and I am so in love with them.... BUT... I voted to get simple titanium bands instead of these. I'm much more utilitarian than DH, and I hate that I have to take my ring off for things like swimming, gardening, etc. We both only wear our rings a few days of the week because of this. While I don't mind being ring-less, I hate having to take it off/put it on.  

 

As for changing finger sizes in pregnancy... I hope mine don't! They are already pretty large now as it is. I've been ok with mine so far, except on days that I am really swollen.

 

rings.jpg


My engagement ring(s) was similar.  I am so not a jewelry gal and I am not fond of diamonds (morally and esthetically) so DH knew that I would never wear a "traditional" ring (plus, I'm kinda cheap and can't justify spending that kind of money on a ring).  At the time, DH had a business making skateboards and he made me a ring out of the wood. (He had to make me another one about a year later because the sealant chipped and it got water damaged, so I understand the pain of having to constantly take it off.)  And my wedding band is a simple 2mm palladium flat band. Boring, I know! orngtongue.gif  But it's practical and fits my lifestyle.


Sharlla 07-13-2011 10:00 PM

This is my ring, it's fake and cheap haha

 

thumb2.php? data-cke-saved-src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pronto.com%2Fimages%2Fproduction%2Fproducts%2F64%2Fd3%2Fqvc6b8cbb4e9b58c2694d0a6a9d4740_225x200.jpg&wmax=180&hmax=180&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pronto.com%2Fimages%2Fproduction%2Fproducts%2F64%2Fd3%2Fqvc6b8cbb4e9b58c2694d0a6a9d4740_225x200.jpg&wmax=180&hmax=180&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

 

this is DH's ring tattoo, it says Taken

 

l.jpg

 

 


CrunchyChristianMama 07-13-2011 10:19 PM

I'll go against the grain here too.  I love my ring in all it's diamond-ness.  love.gif  My engagement ring has a large center diamond with three diamonds on each side.  The wedding band is 7 diamonds across.  I don't like the look of metal that much on rings and you can't really see any on my ring except on the underside. 

 

It's pretty glamorous feeling which is nice when I find myself in sweats most days.  It's my one luxury item and I'm ok with that.



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 7.14%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.