WWYD? Haven't been paid, and more to be owed - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 09-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Ok, here's another weird wwyd about this situation: the bank ended up overpaying me--by $180, roughly. Should I drive all the way back there and work it out? Arg!

IDK, up to you really.  I'm glad you finally got the money, its too bad though that she didn't even speak to you and apologize at least. 

#62 of 69 Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM

Yes, you should pay it back to the bank.  If you don't, they'll likely find out and bill you for it anyway.

#63 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 AM

The overage that you received mistakenly will not come out of the client's account.  It will be a balance discrepancy for the teller.  The bank will catch it.  They will likely figure out that you received the extra cash.  Since it's not your bank, I'm not sure how they will handle getting their money back, but I'm sure they'll pursue it.

However, all that being said... keeping the cash is simply wrong.  I would hope that there is enough honesty left in the world that even thinking of keeping it would put a bad taste in one's mouth.  You felt bad, OP, when you were being wronged by the client.  Just because it's a bank instead of an individual doesn't make it "right".

meemee likes this.
#64 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 07:20 AM

Yep, I would pay it back.  Did you not count the money at the bank? I know I would have! I don't trust bank tellers much. But, then again, my husband works for a bank, and if there is an error, they WILL find it, and will try and get their money back. Plus, that teller could get into a ton of trouble or even lose her job if the money is not found or returned. You could call the bank and explain the situation, they might even let you mail the money, so you would not have to drive all that way.

Who knows, maybe you are the one wrong and the money was not extra?  If the teller's drawer came out even, then they may say keep it.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#65 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I wrote to the bank (it's the weekend. Honestly, the teller has already been found out, because I was in there on Saturday an hour before closing.) I said that I was in on Saturday to cash two checks, and was given too much money. I told them I'm not a customer of the bank. I asked them what they would like me to do.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#66 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 09:43 AM

Weird.  The Teller should of counted it out back to you. 

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#67 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

She did, but i didn't have the exact amount in my head. I didn't realize it until later.

#68 of 69 Old 09-11-2011, 04:15 PM

Gotcha.  That makes sense now.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#69 of 69 Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sending the $ back--they were really glad I contacted them. Even if they wouldn't have found me, it saves the teller some grief.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page