What did you accomplish today? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll go first:

I finally replaced my dirty, ratty old shower curtain liner with a new one. This new one has metal rings reinforcing the holes so the holes don't tear. :)  :  

#2 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

I like this thread. :-)

We went to the farmers market and loaded up on produce (including this afternoon's project - sweet peppers and peaches for the freezer), and so far I have a pork shoulder in the crockpot for pulled pork for dinner. 

You remind me that we need to replace our shower curtain liner soon too....

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#3 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 PM

I cleaned the cobwebs, hung a picture, and cleaned out the magazine bin. I started dusting but it made me sneezy, so I am taking a break.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#4 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I switched out the kids summer to winter clothes.  Vacuumed all the closet louver doors.  Had a maternity photo shoot.  Washed, dried and put away 4 loads of laundry. Wiped a sick kids back side several times :(  Ate a mini pineapple upside down cake and will soon shower and eat yummy take out for dinner. 

#5 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 04:08 PM

I accomplished breaking my dresser and strewing my clothes all over my bedroom instead of putting away the laundry. I did find a missing sweater that had fallen behind the dresser.  I sorted through socks and got rid of the ones with holes.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#6 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We made our monthly trip to another town 55 miles away to hit Target and Sam's Club. It was an all day adventure. Now we are trying to cram in dinner and getting ready for school, first the baby needs to be nursed though!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#7 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 PM

Cleaned out the fridge and got some packing done. 

#8 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Decluttered and tidied the playroom, bathroom, toilet, bedroom and living room. Everything looks very tidy now, but still isn't clean. I gave up when DS2 went to sleep and have been on the laptop for the last hour or so! LOL

It's complicated.
#9 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 07:27 PM

A nap!!

I organized my head for the upcoming workweek, finalized details with our accompanist, and fed myself healthy food.

*bejeweled* likes this.
#10 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 PM

I got out for a 50 minute walk - despite the heat.

I folded a load of laundry.

Considering how I've been feeling lately, these are both good accomplishments.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#11 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 PM

I worked on the afghan I'm making for BIL for Christmas. It's their family tartan, so it takes 180 squares, plus the lines in between and a border. I'm on square 17 now.

34me likes this.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#12 of 1361 Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Neat thread. :) So far I haven't accomplished gallons, but I've:

-Gotten DD to Playcentre and spent the morning there with her and the baby (no mean feat, as it requires, um, getting out of bed)

-Sewed a fair chunk of a little lined spring jacket for DS

-Applied for a monthly mystery shopping job at a supermarket (not a bad gig if I get it - you have to buy at least 15 items, and get reimbursed $25, so even if it's a more expensive supermarket than my usual, it should be worth it)

-Bathed the kidlings

Right, I should go do something else.

[LATER]

-Sewed some more jacket

-Did a spot of housework, including burnishing a copper saucepan to its original pink brilliance, or pretty close, anyway. This was mostly out of scientific curiosity; I'd heard salt and lemon would do the trick. And it does! I squoze the lemon over the bottom of the saucepan and it pinked up right while I watched. Fascinating. And it impressed the husband.

-Sent a few emails

-Polished off the remains of a chocolate cake (does that count as an accomplishment?)

DS is still, astonishingly, sleeping; so I should keep sewing while I can. Need to wash my hair, too. And DH - who has gone with DD to his mother's house for dinner, including pudding, informed me coyly that he feels like having a lemon sponge pudding as well when he gets home. Some people's tummies...

[LATER]

Finished the jacket! Yay. My sewing skills are (slowly) improving... and a good thing, too. DS is still, astonishingly, asleep. I checked; he's not dead. Spose I should make dinner.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#13 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 AM

Took DD and her friend to the pool. coolshine.gif It made their day and mine.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#14 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 AM

i think it takes me a weekend to accomplish a day's worth, so this weekend past, i

-went through my closet of doom and hung things and semi organized my sweaters and eliminated some piles.  none of the clothing i can wear atm anyway.

-semi organized the laundry room and eliminated most of the piles and put together most of the pocket diapers for dh

-organized dd's closet so that she can effectively reach the clothing she needs to change shirts 8 times a day and strew the rest around the room

-cleaned pretty well.  dh's grannie came for a visit. 

-baked banana bread.  the best i've ever done, used coconut oil instead of veg oil.  nice. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#15 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Good thread -- I've spent all morning thinking about the stuff I HAVEN'T accomplished, so maybe it'll help to think of some things I've actually done. 

I haven't don't anything yet today, but yesterday I made a scrumptious black bean salad and got us set up to have a smooth-sailing school week (making sure we had lunch fixings, running the dishwasher, doing laundry, etc.). 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#16 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Today I organized the baby's toy bin (I'm still not sure how I feel about the fact that he's got a full bin of toys and he isn't even born yet...) by putting the older baby stuff on the bottom, and the stuff he'll likely use first on the top, and moved the bath toys to the bathroom. 

And I did half of the dishes, which is better than none of the dishes. :-)

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#17 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I swam a mile after not being able to make it to the pool for laps all summer! I probably won't be able to walk or raise my arms above my head tomorrow, but it was worth it.

#18 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 PM

I ran four miles at a good pace and finally finished a time-consuming errand that I've been putting off for weeks. I also did all the laundry in the house and spent lots of quality time with my littles. After they're asleep, I plan to work on a knee sock I've been tediously knitting for a month now while I watch something mindlessly trashy on Netflix.

Tomorrow will be crazy busy but today was fairly laid back. We were out of town on a whirlwind cross-country trip this weekend and I haven't really recovered yet. redface.gif

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#19 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Made twice-baked potatoes, soaked and cooked beans so I can make refrieds tomorrow, made DH lunch & DS1 a breakfast sandwich ahead of time for the a.m., did dishes, vacuumed, made my bed (well, sort of--I just pull the sheets up), finally wrote DS1's soccer & work schedules into my calendar, took a small dinner to a neighbor with a rotten work schedule, wiped counters and table, made iced tea, took DS1 raspberries and water for his homework time.  Took him to MIL's to cut lawn and then picked him up (45 min. roundtrip).

DS2 got some books read with him, 30 minutes of outside time after supper, nursed, nursed, played with cardboard boxes, bath, that kind of excitement.

I like this thread because I always think I don't get much done.  However, I did not, as a PP did, swim a mile.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#20 of 1361 Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 PM

I have another one for today. It's nearly 9:30 at night and I am baking chocolate chip cookie muffins. And I am sooooo happy about it. 

#21 of 1361 Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

-Polished off the remains of a chocolate cake (does that count as an accomplishment?)

i vote yes: therefore, i too have accomplished something today.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#22 of 1361 Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 PM

I am so proud of myself today! DH and I have been talking about rearranging the living room for a couple of weeks now. He went out to the pub with his brother tonight and I decided to do it myself to surprise him. It only took about an hour and a half, including moving his gigantic flatscreen mounted on a stand that he kept insisting would take three people to take apart and move (pulled the whole thing inch by inch, no taking apart required!). Then I organized his mess of cables, so all he'll have to do is plug his game systems back in. I even figured out what I had done that turned the internet off and fixed it! So all we have to do now is pick up a floor lamp for this dungeon of a corner and we're good to go.

I also went grocery shopping, took the kids to the library, made an appointment to get DD's picture taken, and got another square done on BIL's afghan. I have had a VERY productive day!

*bejeweled* likes this.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#23 of 1361 Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM

Yay!  Let's record my achievements!

-Did the first day of a trial run to see if I want to watch a little boy.

-Cleaned a bit.

-Cut the bad parts out of my wormy pears and canned 14 quarts.

-Walked to the MAX station with The Hubby to take him to work, walked to Taco Bell before walking to drop him off.

-Walked back to the MAX, went grocery shopping and scored awesome deals ($2/doz for cage free blahblahblah eggs, $5/half gallon for organic full fat yogurt), walked back to MAX, walked/jogged home.

-Was nice to the kids at bedtime.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#24 of 1361 Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM

So far:

-Finished sewing a messenger bag for my nephew's birthday party tomorrow

-Blogged about an intriguing legal conundrum

-Did a mystery shop at a supermarket, and even remembered while pulling into the parking lot of Supermarket A that I was supposed to be mystery shopping Supermarket B, which was just as well!

-Baked (at the time of writing) half a carrot cake for Grandma's eightieth birthday celebration on Sunday

-Started work on another birthday cake, for my nephew's birthday... it will be a dump truck, which isn't the sort of thing I do best, cake-wise, but ehh, it'll be edible. And yellow. Oh, so yellow.

-Bit of houseworky stuff

Hopefully by the time I go to bed, I will have done significantly more cake icing, baked the other half of the carrot cake, uploaded my mystery shopping receipt, and blogged again to show off the cute pictures of the messenger bag and the jacket I made for the baby the other day. But Photobucket and WordPress are conspiring against me. WHY can't you rotate images in WordPress, and WHY, if you rotated them already and saved them in Photobucket, do they still show up sideways in WordPress?? Anyone?

#25 of 1361 Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Gone for a 50 minute walk.

Done a load of laundry.

Answered an old e-mail that was hanging over my head.

reapplied for Zipcar so I can get dd to her choir retreat week after next.

Finished one section of my syllabus

Took a walk with a friend.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#26 of 1361 Old 09-17-2011, 09:49 PM

Took my kids to a fun birthday party at a park.
Went to the wedding of one of the teen moms I mentor at our Teen MOPS program at church smile.gif
Bathed the dog.
Mopped the kitchen.
Did a load of laundry.
Put a bunch of puzzles together with my kiddos.
#27 of 1361 Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 AM

-Did a good half-hour or so of gardening (specifically, pulling weeds out of the gravel driveway... kind of fun, actually)

-Bathed the kidlings

-Did some sewing (overalls for DS)

-Went on a Playcentre trip to feed the ducks

-Folded some laundry

That's not really an impressive list. I'd better go do some more... something.

#28 of 1361 Old 09-19-2011, 03:26 PM

Had the 6yo, 8yo and 10yo do math.

Read a history chapter to everyone.

Emptied one of the bookshelves in preparation for our move.

Two loads of laundry.

Two loads of dishes.

Took kids grocery shopping and got $96 of soup and popcorn for $30 (after sales and coupons).

Arranged a playdate for 10yo.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#29 of 1361 Old 09-19-2011, 04:58 PM

Not much. I kept the kids alive, loaded the dishwasher, took some trash out, and made a couple of phone calls. That's about it.

In my defense, I'm sick. orngtongue.gif Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more productive!

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#30 of 1361 Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 AM

-Made pasta for breakfast (I know, kind of odd, but at least I made an effort!)

-Defrosted the freezer

-Laundry

-More laundry

-Yet more laundry

-Entertained aged relative

-Made curry for dinner

-Hennaed my hair

-Read a bunch of books to DD

-Put oats on to soak for porridge tomorrow

-Cleaned the kitchen

-More laundry. And it's still not all done.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page