Weird Compliments? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ahaha! I just said this to a friend today! But it was true. Her eyelids were perfectly shadowed with brown. Must have been from lots of sun with no sunblock on her eyelids. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning_Mum View Post

Many years ago at work a co-worker asked me what eyeshadow I was wearing, when I told her I wasn't wearing any she said "Oh. Well you've got very nice coloured eyelids!".

I just thought to myself "oooooooooooookay!"

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 02:53 AM

I've gotten a few:

• A man came up to me in a restaurant once and told me I had a very unusual and interesting face.  He clearly meant it as a compliment but I was a little weirded out.

• A coworker once told me, "Oh, you look so much more grown-up when you wear makeup!"

•  My aunt:  "You've put on some weight.  It looks good, you were too skinny before."

Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

Another thing I get  (more so when I worked as a waitress and/or was just out in the world more) "you look JUST like my niece, granddaughter, cousin, etc." ummmmm, and I would care why............?? I guess my mom had about 10 of me and gave the rest up! lol.gif

I used to get that a lot... And then a friend clarified.. "Maybe people feel very comfortable talking to you... and that could be why they feel that you look like somebody they are as comfortable with.. "

Maybe..

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakti77 View Post

I used to get that a lot... And then a friend clarified.. "Maybe people feel very comfortable talking to you... and that could be why they feel that you look like somebody they are as comfortable with.. "

Maybe.. 

Hmmmmm - I wonder! Maybe it is because of a similar personality/passing resemblance. Glad I'm not the only one who has more of "me" out there! orngtongue.gif

It was funny - because some of them just wouldn't give it up. I remember one person in particular who I was serving (at the melting pot - which takes TWO HOURS to eat no less) every time I came to the table "I just can't get over it! you look just like so and so, are you sure you aren't?! Ummm - yep. Want to see some ID? lol.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM

My mom and my mom's cousin (who is a nice lady but not at all known for having an effective verbal filter), on walking into my (rented) house:

Oh, it's pretty nice. It would be great if it was totally gutted and redone. Guess it kind of matches your, ummm...'non style style.

Huh. Okay then.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

My mom and my mom's cousin (who is a nice lady but not at all known for having an effective verbal filter), on walking into my (rented) house:

Oh, it's pretty nice. It would be great if it was totally gutted and redone. Guess it kind of matches your, ummm...'non style style.

Huh. Okay then.

Wow! Your house would be nice if it was gutted!? How on earth did you respond to that?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 10-24-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

Wow! Your house would be nice if it was gutted!? How on earth did you respond to that?

I gave my mother my best hairy eyeball and went to put out a plate of nuts. For the nuts, you know. (Seriously. That's my brand of humor. Sigh.)

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

I gave my mother my best hairy eyeball and went to put out a plate of nuts. For the nuts, you know. (Seriously. That's my brand of humor. Sigh.)

Hahahaha that is excellent! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM

I had someone come into my old work and tell me I was "much prettier than that orange girl on The Jersey Shore."

...thanks?  You mean I'm more attractive than Snooky?  ...again, thanks?

Wife to PJ. Mommy to Jacob, Summer, & Owen.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 AM

The Hubby told me the first time he noticed me I "looked just like the girl from 'Labyrinth', you know, Jennifer Connelly."  Um, thanks!  Actually, I was quite flattered.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 AM

A french guy who was interested in me once told me "I like you so much better when you speak french.  You sound more feminine and nice."  My response was basically, right, well tough, because I kind of like speaking my native language.  And I was left thinking, so you like me, but only when I'm struggling to express myself in a foreign language? Nice.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

i had someone hit on me once with the line... "i like full figured ladies."  hrumph

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM

No compliments for me, but my friend told me a story about how she was being introduced to someone and after they shook hands he gazed down at the top of her hand and told her what nice veins she has lol.gif

Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is innocent, but my 5 year old pulled up my shirt to admire my giant, pregnant belly and said:

"Mommy, your belly is so cute. Those shiny silver purple marks everywhere make it look cute."

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 11-09-2011, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

This is innocent, but my 5 year old pulled up my shirt to admire my giant, pregnant belly and said:
"Mommy, your belly is so cute. Those shiny silver purple marks everywhere make it look cute."

Aw, that's sweet. smile.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
Old 11-10-2011, 05:57 PM

A lady at church came up to me in the hall and said, "Your children were so quiet during the service today that I had to look and see if you were here today!"  Um thanks? 

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids

User Tag List