Vent: What I SHOULD Have Said - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Danger- Big vent coming up! 

Ever feel like a big wimp for not saying the things you really SHOULD say when people wrong you? I've had a lot of this lately, maybe due to the holidays? Maybe cause I'm tired of being a nice person? I don't know.

But you know what, I'm resolving now to say something back from now on. I'm not going to be rude or cruel but I'm not going to be sweet and kind anymore either. I'm going to look my offender in the eye and SAY SOMETHING. 

I hope.redface.gif

Here's what I wish I had said over the past few weeks:

• You want me to pray that you don't get the cold your husband has so you won't miss work? Well dang, you told me I should have brought my 1 yo to Christmas dinner so he could play with his feverish, vomiting cousin. You said it would make his immune system stronger. I'll send good thoughts to you that you get this cold so your imune system can grow stronger! It's for the best!!
  • Remember that ONE time when I vented to you about my exhaustion and lack of sleep with my little baby? And you said "Your DS is not sleeping through the night yet? My baby has been since she was 2 months old!". It's too bad your kid consistently doesn't sleep well anymore and that you complain about it to everyone all the time. Poor you. 
  • When am I going to stop breastfeeding my 16 mo? Why do you need to know? No really, why?
  • You repeatedly tell me that I should circumcise my son? Well I think you should cut off your daughter's labia so she'll have a cleaner vulva. Also, maybe you should cut off her breasts too before you leave the hospital with her.
  • You want us to drive 3 hours to a family lunch and then 3 hours home in one day? Opposite our very energetic son's nap schedule? And get him to sit quietly in a restaurant? Because his great-grandfather is very old and may not live much longer? You've been saying that for FOUR years. Please stop guilting us, we try to go but it is hard with an active LO greensad.gif
  •  

Eeek, that was pretty harsh when I reread them. Hopefully I've got it off my chest now and I'll stop brewing! Does anyone else have this problem? I've just been too meek lately I guess....

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#2 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 11:39 AM

Too bad you're not in IL, I would buy you a few drinks and reassure you- its gets easier. Hugs and trust me, I have BTDT.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

If you want I can help you pepper your vent with filthy words and derogatory terms.  Here to help.  And I didn't feel enough anger when you vented!  Shake your fist too!   Get it out it feels better!  Hope it gets better for you mama!  

#4 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Amy- A drink sounds nice. I think we'll have a bottle of wine with dinner tonight!

Imakcerka- Hehe, I edited all the filthy words out before posting. There were ahem, several, and OMG, I didn't want to make anyone on here mad. Sigh. SIGH. eyesroll.gif See what I mean? Too damn nice!

Me: lady.gif Sarah, married to: geek.gif J, mommy to: happytears.gif C (8/10) and rolleyes.gif E (11/12)

#5 of 8 Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM

Oh sere, you need to get over that!  Stop being so nice!  I"m not sure where you're at in Indiana but when we go to visit this summer we can get together and I can put you through my "B" bootcamp.    Good luck with that family of yours!  

#6 of 8 Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

I'll take the bait and throw in my hat here. 

To my boss (8 years my junior), who said "jokingly" that it was my fault for getting pregnant and thus needing a different work arrangement/pumping accommodations, etc., this is what I should have said -

"Someday when you grow up and become a big girl, with a family of your own, you might understand that some crappy-assed middle management job for what's looking to be a starting-to-fail company due to complete mismanagment isn't everything. You'll realize how hard it is to function on three hours of sleep every night, while simultaneously raising your children, working your job and maintaining your relationship with your husband. Never mind the friendships and personal life you used to have being completely on hold. But no matter - you'll realize that's what really important is your family - not the money, the house, the car, the title, the stuff. And then maybe - MAYBE - you'll be able to look back on everything I've been able to accomplish for you and this fjksdjfklsdjfdslkj company and appreciate it. Until then, I quit."

But I kept my mouth shut. My husband is still looking for work and we have bills to pay to provide for our son. Sigh. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#7 of 8 Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 AM

to my coworker who is currently snoring away at her desk:

I have been working my ass off trying to sort through these emails and get responses to all of them and you're SLEEPING?  Are you kidding me?  I'm so fed up with all of you!  I'm so tired of busting my ass while you or ______ sleep and watch movies on your laptops! You think because I'm "new" you can take advantage of me? Lady, I was on maternity leave and I've been here TWICE as long as you.  I work my ass off so we can enjoy downtime when we finish early.  I've been telling myself I'm working so hard because I have a strong work ethic, but I'm starting to think I'm just being a pushover.  Tonight I think I'll let the queue fill up.  Then, when corporate calls the project manager and asks why there are so many, he can look over our work and see that almost 100% of it is mine.  I hate you, lazy girl!  Also, get your own damned key card!!  I feel rushed when I know you're waiting for me at the door. 

Imakcerka likes this.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#8 of 8 Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 AM

This is why you need to do things to her when she's asleep.  I prefer hiding their things and eating their food.  Except for weirdo pants who usually sits beside me (he's on leave today)  He has cat hair in his food.  And he's oogey! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by branditopolis View Post

to my coworker who is currently snoring away at her desk:

I have been working my ass off trying to sort through these emails and get responses to all of them and you're SLEEPING?  Are you kidding me?  I'm so fed up with all of you!  I'm so tired of busting my ass while you or ______ sleep and watch movies on your laptops! You think because I'm "new" you can take advantage of me? Lady, I was on maternity leave and I've been here TWICE as long as you.  I work my ass off so we can enjoy downtime when we finish early.  I've been telling myself I'm working so hard because I have a strong work ethic, but I'm starting to think I'm just being a pushover.  Tonight I think I'll let the queue fill up.  Then, when corporate calls the project manager and asks why there are so many, he can look over our work and see that almost 100% of it is mine.  I hate you, lazy girl!  Also, get your own damned key card!!  I feel rushed when I know you're waiting for me at the door. 

To the OP, family members rarely call the cops for pranks.  Co workers do however and that's a different story.  Anyway, next time you're around them you need to put your kids dirty diaper in their car... under the seat.  OPEN!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page