If your dh pooped his pants while drunk, would you clean him up? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post

what a thread!

to answer the original question - If your dh pooped his pants while drunk, would you clean him up?   No and the next morning, we all, dino roar man included, all would have been up bright and early to do something loud and physically challenging.

We had a community yard sale (kind of like a swap meet, only smaller) the next morning.  So he had to do some heavy lifting and be pretty pleasant to the neighbors while feeling like crap.  And it was out in the bright sun, with lots of music and people.  He wouldn't admit that he felt bad, but he looked miserable. 

This is him, making a face =)

IMAG0881.jpg

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#62 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Well I certainly hope Senior Kaka pants feels better!

#63 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Well I certainly hope Senior Kaka pants feels better!

ROTFLMAO.gif

Awesome new nickname! 

#64 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Hilarious nickname! Love it!

#65 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM

I was cracking up reading the OP.  

I've seen my partner that drunk about 2-3 times in our life together.  In general, we are a glass of wine with dinner moderate drinkers.  The first time, he poured himself a glass of water, laid down in bed, fell asleep while halfway through laying down, and poured the whole thing over himself.  The next time was years later, he was a a party brunch all day and came home so drunk I did the only thing I could think of doing.  

Pulled out the video camera and recorded him.  Asked him questions, poked him, made fun of him.  He could not BELIEVE it the next day that it was him smashing all over the house!  It is my favorite blackmail to remind him of that day.  :-)  

#66 of 76 Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyGrant View Post

I'm surprised that people are suggesting the husband here is an alcoholic or has major issues based on a single incident described on a single thread on an online chat forum. Given the tone of the OP, I think we can all rest assured that everything is okay. She probably knows her husband better than anyone. 

I can totally see how this could happen to a non-alcoholic because I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol,  It wouldn't take much tequila to get me to the state of the OP's husband.  The alcoholics I know would never get there because they have built up a major tolerance.  Those folks can hold their alcohol.

Truth be told, I was in a similar position to the OP's husband once due to underestimating the amount of wine I was having over dinner with friends. I was just lucky enough to be sitting on the pot with a trashcan between my legs, and thankfully I never passed out. At the time I wished I would have though because I was so miserable. And I am far from an alcoholic despite my aforementioned desire for a beer.  orngtongue.gif

edited to fix reversed words

This seems to be the case whenever people mention people using (or, I guess as people decide, abusing) substances at MDC. It seems like any time anyone has ANY problem related to alcohol or drugs it is assumed they are an addict. Personally, i would venture to say that the OP's husband probably isnt an alcoholic and has a low tolerance. From her other posts it doesnt seem to be a recurring problem, and as they have two small children and one on the way, it doesnt seem like he has too much opportunity to drink, but like a guy who has gone from zero to almost three children in just a couple of years and is freaking about about his youth a little.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#67 of 76 Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

This seems to be the case whenever people mention people using (or, I guess as people decide, abusing) substances at MDC. It seems like any time anyone has ANY problem related to alcohol or drugs it is assumed they are an addict. Personally, i would venture to say that the OP's husband probably isnt an alcoholic and has a low tolerance. From her other posts it doesnt seem to be a recurring problem, and as they have two small children and one on the way, it doesnt seem like he has too much opportunity to drink, but like a guy who has gone from zero to almost three children in just a couple of years and is freaking about about his youth a little.

yeahthat.gif

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#68 of 76 Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM

CBM, I have to say that is an absolutely hilariously adorable pic of your DH.  :D

#69 of 76 Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM

LOL, I love the photo...too cute. I'm sorry he probably felt awful though!

It is reassuring to hear other parents talk about drinking too...a few months ago an old co-worker was aghast that I'm a mom and I drink...which for me, being a super lightweight, is a glass or two of wine OR a vodka and cranberry OR a shot (as in, one of those options, not all three). This happens MAYBE twice a month. I like drinking but any more than that would give me a stomach ache and make me sleepy, so that's not too fun. But geez, I don't see a big deal in that especially because it happens so infrequently...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#70 of 76 Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 AM

Yes!  I've been getting the "Now that you had a baby you've become a saint, right?" routine as well.  I do not drink right now because I am nursing, but I can still swear, gossip about my neighbors, be rude in traffic and watch too much violent TV, right?  thumb.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#71 of 76 Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

It is reassuring to hear other parents talk about drinking too...a few months ago an old co-worker was aghast that I'm a mom and I drink...

Yeah, me too.  The is a faction of moms in my area that are SUPER judgemental about drinking even a single glass of wine with dinner on a Saturday night yet I see them doing things (which I won't list) that I would never do to or with my child. 

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#72 of 76 Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post

Yeah, me too.  The is a faction of moms in my area that are SUPER judgemental about drinking even a single glass of wine with dinner on a Saturday night yet I see them doing things (which I won't list) that I would never do to or with my child. 

That's crazy.  All the moms I know drink, but most of them have 3 year olds lol.  

obstruct livery vehicles

#73 of 76 Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

It is reassuring to hear other parents talk about drinking too...a few months ago an old co-worker was aghast that I'm a mom and I drink...which for me, being a super lightweight, is a glass or two of wine OR a vodka and cranberry OR a shot (as in, one of those options, not all three). This happens MAYBE twice a month. I like drinking but any more than that would give me a stomach ache and make me sleepy, so that's not too fun. But geez, I don't see a big deal in that especially because it happens so infrequently...

The bolded is weird -- she was really aghast that an adult who happens to have children would have a drink now and then? Does she live under a rock? But to me there's a big difference between the kind of drinking you describe above and making the (sober) decision to out to the garage to do shots alone. I know some people's garages are all tricked out and are more like a second living room, so maybe it's because I'm picturing my DH going out to our dark, messy, box-filled garage and doing shots, which would freak me the hell out. For him, drinking alone like that would be massively uncharacteristic behavior and would warrant serious concern, whether he lost control of his bowels or not. 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#74 of 76 Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest birds View Post

I guess I just don't have interest in talking or laughing about poop.  I don't find it awkward to not talk about something that private, and consider not mentioning it to be simply courteous and discreet.  What's to be said?  

Everyone's different in whether they would or wouldn't find it awkward.  I never talk about dh's poop in other circumstances so not talking about it would be completely comfortable to me.  Since he would take care of it himself I would respect his privacy in doing so.   

This thread is making me laugh. Littlest birds is the kind of discreet wife my husband wants ( is it a southern thing?). Sadly, the kind of wife he got is the one who's would be roaring like a Dino all week. My family hails form NYC, NY, BTW.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#75 of 76 Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

The bolded is weird -- she was really aghast that an adult who happens to have children would have a drink now and then? Does she live under a rock?

It was actually a male, and yeah...he was hanging out with us at our house, I had made dinner and drinks for everyone and got this "Um, your child is here?! Are you really drinking?! I would NEVER drink around MY child..." He does not have children, by the way. Maybe he is one of those types that think your entire life as an individual has to end when you have children. I was really stunned by the whole thing...like, yes...we have friends over...we're all having dinner together and socializing. It didn't cross my mind that it was an issue. No one was actually drunk or anywhere near vomiting, acting inappropriately or anything like that. It was a "Hey, it's Friday, let's hang out and have dinner together" sort of relaxed gathering. It made me feel really weird honestly, to be relaxed, happy to be cooking for everyone, etc. and get called out like that out of nowhere like I was a bad parent or something. :(

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#76 of 76 Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

That's crazy.  All the moms I know drink, but most of them have 3 year olds lol.  

ROTFLMAO.gifThanks for that. I'm the mom of a 3yo, and I know where they are coming from. It's only temporary right? (I mean the 3yo, not the drinking thing....I don't really drink)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page