Storing bath toys - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you guys use to store bath toys in? I had been using a combination of a large wicker basket, and a compartment inside of a step stool. The step stool doesn't hold very much, though it works pretty nicely for what it does hold. The problem is really with the wicker basket. It really started molding terribly on the bottom. I finally just tossed it, and for now am just using a large pot that holds everything. The only solution I can think of is maybe a five gallon bucket with some holes cut in the bottom, but I'd like something a little more.. decorative? So, I'm open to ideas. Lemme know what works for you.

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 AM

I've been wondering what to store bath toys in as well. Something waterproof that drains... I just can't think of what. I had some wet wash rags that needed to go down to laundry in a pot/bucket and they molded very quickly, had to throw some out. I was surprised how quickly, so be careful with storing the bath toys in a pot. Interested to see people's suggestions.

#3 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Tubby-Bath-Organizer/dp/B001QGKXA4/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330811096&sr=1-1-catcorr

This is what we use.  I have had it for maybe a year and it has never fallen down or gotten moldy, and we stuff this to the brim with all sorts of things.  The hooks unscrew and you can remove the bag while the base stays suctioned on the wall whenever you don't want it to be seen, or if you want to wash it. Ours is on the tiles low down by the tub so my boys can get their own toys, but that means if I want to take a bath, I am looking right at this big blue bag. That's why the screws are so nice, just unscrew and the bag can be tossed somewhere else!

It is very durable as well, and I think I saw another design if the big blueness of it doesn't appeal to you.

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#4 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM

we use a shower caddy- the kind you keep toiletries in in college..ours is plastic, but this is the idea: http://reviews.crateandbarrel.com/7258/s680225/persimmon-bath-caddy-reviews/reviews.htm

how about a milk crate?

wire basket: http://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-Nickel-Wire-Drawer/-/A-12193772#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

small laundry basket: http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/john19831026/product-detailgeMJGkTdhLWq/China-Plastic-Laundry-Basket-MB-001-.html
(maybe you don't want to get it from made-in-china.com though... lol.gif )

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#5 of 7 Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM

I've had good luck keeping both wet cloths (used to be for wiping bottoms, now sticky hands and faces) and bath toys in string grocery bags.  They're cheap, they're washable and anything that goes in wet has plenty of air to dry before mold sets in.  I put a hook on the wall just next to the tub and I have a string bag hanging there for bath toys.  I just shake out the water and toss them in the bag.

#6 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM

mesh laundry bag is another choice

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#7 of 7 Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had great luck wit beach toys, (bucket, shovel, sand molds).  Before our vacation dd didn't have any toys.  She found the toys after I had rinsed them off after the trip.  I just put them back into the bucket when she's done.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page