what do you wear to bed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I love, love, love Victorian cotton batiste nightgowns with lots of lace, pintucking, embroidery and ruffles.  I wear both long and shor lengths.   I have silk chemises, as well.  When I was pregnant or nursing, I wore soft cotton chemises (summer) or t-shirts (winter) because they were easier to wash & wear.  No handwashing or ironing needed!

Dh loves them and I wear these as much for his pleasure as for mine.

When I was younger (and still living at home), I usually slept naked (with a robe at the foot of the bed).  After I married, sexy nightwear was (and, is) more flirty and fun.

#2 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I always thought I'd like cute or sexy nightgowns, but I feel so weird when I try them on! I wear cotton shorts or drawstring pants with either a loose v neck t-shirt or a loose tanktop. Gotta keep the girls ready for those all-night nursing sessions!  My shoulders are always cold, so someday I might get a good comfy, nursing-friendly sweatshirt.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#3 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM

A non-nursing tank from Target that has just enough definition through the bust to keep me comfortable but able to nurse, also.  I always wear underwear to bed, and usually a light pair of cotton jammie pants or fleece ones if it's cold.  Sometimes a v-neck shirt if it's cold, too.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#4 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Nothing most nights. In the dead of winter I will wear yoga pants and a long sleeve tee. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM

I wear all sorts of things "to bed" depending on my mood, the temperature, and dh. To actually sleep I wear nothing, year round.

#6 of 34 Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Nothing. I hate wearing clothing to bed, and it makes it hard for me to sleep. If I absolutely have to wear something (sharing a bed at a conference or something), I'll wear pajamas...not too heavy, not too light, not too loose, not too tight. Yes - I have issues with textiles. I sometimes wear a nightgown or PJs to lounge around the house, but I never wear them to actually sleep.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#7 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Usually just flannel pants or underwear. Sometimes a tank as well but not usually. Occasionally nothing at all. 

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#8 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I hate how pajama pants or nightgowns ride up or get twisted. I do sleep in underpants and a short or long sleeved t-shirt which can also be annoying but it keeps my shoulders covered, is warmer, keeps people from sticking to me, and is easier to straighten out when it gets twisted when I roll over.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#9 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM

I HATE sleeping naked.  I admit, it is more comfortable.  However, I can't get to sleep because I'm busy thinking that if there is a tornado, or the house goes up in flames, or there is an emergency, I'll have to run out into the street naked.

I used to sleep in a sports bra, a super-fitted tank top and a pair of knit pajama bottoms.

Now I tend to wear a nursing bra to bed and a button-front knit shirt, or a loose tee that can be easily hiked up.  Little Miss does not appreciate it when her nunnies are not right in her face all night.  She doesn't even want to nurse, she just snuggles them.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#10 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

these are my requirements when sleeping

- i need air 'down there' so dont like to wear underwear or pants. dont ask me why. but that's how i feel.

- also it cant be fitting. they have to be lose. 

so mostly i wear nighties. in summer i love those victorian cotton (yes has to be cotton nighties) with deep V's in front (my chest sweats so i like it free). i dont mind them being midcalf or long. just lose, cotton deep v neck (NEVER high neck) embroidered nighties. i cant find them anymore. the kind i used to like.

or a long tshirt.

in winter on cold nights i will wear pjs, otherwise its nighties with a long sleeve front open sweat shirt.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#11 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I like to wear super huge T shirts and pj pants. Preferably cotton on both counts tho I will wear flannel bottoms in the winter. No undies and a nursing bra that just makes it so the girls don't flop around a lot. Once we aren't cosleeping, DH and I will both probably start sleeping nude. We aren't comfortable doing it with a toddler in bed with us. I do like the look of silky jammies, but I hate the feel of the fabric slipping all over my body. IDKY, it just bugs the heck outta me. 

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#12 of 34 Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM

A tank top and underwear. Unless it's date night, and then I wear sexy bra/panties. (not that we only have sex on date nights, just that DD stays at grandmas those nights, so its less likely that Ill have to get out of bed to console my toddler)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#13 of 34 Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGregory View Post

I HATE sleeping naked.  I admit, it is more comfortable.  However, I can't get to sleep because I'm busy thinking that if there is a tornado, or the house goes up in flames, or there is an emergency, I'll have to run out into the street naked.

That's one reason.  The other is that I've shared rooms and/or beds, couches, floors with people for so long I'm just used to sleeping in clothes.  I wear whatever tshirt I find or even the tshirt I wore that day, and one of the numerous pairs of pajama bottoms I own.  I usually put pj pants on immediately upon getting home anyway, I love them.  My pajama bottoms to real pants ratio is about 4:1.  And I cannot cannot CANNOT sleep with socks on.  I don't know why, it's completely intolerable to me.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#14 of 34 Old 04-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Before DD was born, nothing or just panties.  After DD was born I started wearing a t-shirt because she twiddled the nipple of the boob she wasn't nursing on if it was uncovered.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#15 of 34 Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Just undies. Anything else I find uncomfortable. Sleeping with clothes in is like torture, and I only do it when we are staying with relatives or have houseguests.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#16 of 34 Old 04-07-2012, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nightgowns. I prefer long cause I wear them around the house & I like my butt to stay covered when I'm moving around.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#17 of 34 Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branditopolis View Post

And I cannot cannot CANNOT sleep with socks on.  I don't know why, it's completely intolerable to me.

When I was a kid my best friend told me you could die if you slept with socks on. I still can't do it. Even if I go to bed with my socks on, I will sometimes consciously and sometimes unconsciously take them off in the middle of the night.

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#18 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamsmom98 View Post

I love, love, love Victorian cotton batiste nightgowns with lots of lace, pintucking, embroidery and ruffles.  ...  After I married, sexy nightwear was (and, is) more flirty and fun.
do you mean like this?

http://www.fashionsoftheages.com/Images/underpinnings/victoriannightgown1.jpg
Quote:

lol.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

- i need air 'down there' so dont like to wear underwear or pants. dont ask me why. but that's how i feel.

my grandmother always swore that you should never sleep with pants or undies on for that exact reason.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#19 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 AM

Boys tank top, bra, and a pair of comfy pants which are any pants not made of a jean material that are large and soft and comfy smile.gif

I have some sensory issues and i cannot wear anything that isnt cotton so that leaves out "sexy" nightware for me. I dont think it would be for me anyway though seems like an un necessary expenditure... If i get frisky naked works for me lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#20 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Currently, we have a roommate situation, with 8 & 13 YO boys (and their mom, but that is not the point!redface.gif). So I sleep with jammie pants and any t-shirt. Usually long-sleeves because I like my room pretty cool at night. Roommates will be moving out in the next couple months, and I wonder what I will be wearing with only my own teens at home... It has been about 10 years since I have had no foster kids or roommates or my mom living in my home!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#21 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM

PJ pants and one of DH's shirts or a tank top.  I can't sleep in socks, long sleeves or naked.  

obstruct livery vehicles

#22 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM

Wireless nursing bra and underwear, sometimes little boxer like shorts, but that's only since moving to San Diego. In Seattle I would wear pajama pants and a tshirt.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#23 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM

I usually will either start out in bed naked or end up naked. On really cold days I'll wear pajama pants and a t-shirt (or one or the other, usually if just one thing is coming off, it's the pants).

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#24 of 34 Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 PM

No way in hell I want to sleep with undies on, I'm in the camp of thinking we all need air down there. In the past few years I have slept with undies during AF to quietly tell my DH what's going on and to avoid his sleepwalking hands.

So sleep, even in the coldest time has nearly always been naked for me. The only exception would be when I was camping (I work at a few places where we camp out) for both warmth (and keep my cloths warm) and to quickly be able to go outside if needed.

Now all that being said I have found that since I gave birth 15 months ago I have needed to keep a bra of some sort on 24/7 so I have a collection of sleeping bras.
And in the last 6 months or so, I found my twins love to snap bra straps so I often have a super light tshirt over that.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#25 of 34 Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

I'm the same way! My DH used to tease me for it, but then on October 16, 1999 I finally relented and slept in the buff, and awoke to the magnitude 7.1 Hector Mine earthquake!!! I remember standing in the closet doorway fumbling for a robe and yelling, "See??!?!?!?!?" at my DH. lol.gif

I love PJs and actually find them more comfortable than sleeping naked, though -- I like to sleep with my arms out of the covers, and my shoulders and chest get cold if they're not covered. I sleep in super-lightweight, loose cotton shorts and shirts most of the time. I have a couple of nightgowns that I'll wear if all my PJs are in the laundry, but I hate them because they twist up around my waist. 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#26 of 34 Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

I'm the same way! My DH used to tease me for it, but then on October 16, 1999 I finally relented and slept in the buff, and awoke to the magnitude 7.1 Hector Mine earthquake!!! I remember standing in the closet doorway fumbling for a robe and yelling, "See??!?!?!?!?" at my DH. lol.gif

That's so bizarre. Your timing was amazing!

I keep my robe on my bed. It's down at the bottom, near my legs. It would only take me about a second to grab it in an emergency.

But, I'm the opposite from you. I have a lot of trouble sleeping in pajamas.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#27 of 34 Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by branditopolis View Post

The other is that I've shared rooms and/or beds, couches, floors with people for so long I'm just used to sleeping in clothes. 

it was having a winter baby that got me in PJs. i would sleep thru the nursing so i wore sweats in lieu of a blanket. so i got used to pjs. as she got older and figured out how to reach my breast i went back to either front open or low cut nighties.

however i will have to say the whole first month of dd's birth i walked around the house with no shirt on at daytime (it was still warm). to me there was absolutely no point and i kept front open shirts strategically placed at points all over the house for an emergency. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#28 of 34 Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

Seriously?

yikes2.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#29 of 34 Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

Seriously?

yikes2.gif

Totally serious -- I know, crazy right? I'm sure there had been occasional times prior to that when I had slept naked, but it definitely wasn't a regular habit, and the whole "natural disaster" argument was one reason I always gave, so it was pretty funny when that happened (well, freaky at the time but funny later). 

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#30 of 34 Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Usally a t-shirt and yoga pants during warmer weather, fuzzy pj pants and a t-shirt during the winter.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page