Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

what  is // was FYT ?

Finding Your Tribe.  http://www.mothering.com/community/f/7/finding-your-tribe

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 154 Old 06-17-2012, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finding Your Tribe

I am just coming back this year after four years away (or, actually, only posting in the single parenting forum), as my life was in crisis and especially so regarding my mothering journey, and was just not something I was ready to share (outside of the dating stories).

I'm surprised at how much slower it is now than during 2003-2008. Bummed.

I'll try to make time to add some momentum. If my ttc efforts in autumn are successful ill have plenty of time during bedrest and then nak'ing!!
#153 of 154 Old 06-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have also stayed away from MDC as it got soooo slow and I guess I was part of the problem!  I really DO miss how it was when I first joined though.  IMVHO, a lot of people left after they changed the site.  That happens to many forums when they update things.  I think people just don't like change.  Also, the site is slower than it used to be.   Now, back to reading.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#154 of 154 Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

You know, I have been really wanting to flesh out our Teen information.  I would love to get that active because I think it is such a different set of issues and requires different AP tools than a toddler, or even a young school aged child (my oldest is 6, and even looking forward I am having some trouble envisioning what the heck parenting her is going to look like in 6 more years).

I think we do get a lot of drop off at that age, and that parenting sites/books/advice in general drop off there as well, as a previous posted said - media in general sort of decides you know what you are doing.  But the rules really are different, and the only mainstream options seem to be tough love or.....nothing?

I am really interested in creating a resource list for Pre-teens/Teens and AP.  Things that move beyond the baby/child stuff, and into how to really get them to adulthood.

This sounds great!  I know that now that my kids are past the little kid ages, it gets harder to find much regarding older kids. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page