What do you do that you are afraid to admit on MDC? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

well... u know there is nothing i ever felt i needed to hide from MDC.

camping trips are fast food time - biscuits and red beans and rice from Popeyes

dd at 2 would get icecream for bfast. adn right after she'd finish her bowl of oatmeal.

she would drink an ounce of very diluted pepsi from about 17 months to 21 months old. then our neighbor moved.

at 3 dd loved spiderman the movie but was scared of bugs life. 

i also allowed dd at 3 onwards to binge on tv. she'd watch maybe two movies back to back and not watch for a week or more. even a month. 

ooh and our favourite is actually fruity pebbles. its our dessert some nights. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaFrench View Post

am surprised that the question need to be asked// can be answered ...

i just don't see coming to MDC to read posts in that light .... who cares where i am at in my life journey, the sharing and learning from others seem more important to me....

Well, I think sometimes if you deliberately choose not to do or to do certain things, and if they aren't exactly in keeping with the whole natural parenting philosophy, you might not really talk about it.  It might seem like you are open to debate, and you are not.

I used to find myself sort of explaining, describing and apologizing, so people would understand why I was making my decisions, and then I gave up on that.  If I'm telling a story, I don't get bogged down in details.  Like if I'm eating food, I'm not going to describe the kind, although I might have in the past.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I send all of the kids to church nursery, even the baby bag.gif

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeygrrl View Post

In a perfect world, we would eat organics/fresh all the time. I really want to. We do get eggs from my dad (I haven't purchased eggs in 3yrs) and veggies from his garden in the summer (almost time!!). But we can't afford to eat from Whole Foods/Safeway/Sprouts/Raleys/BelAir all the time. We shop at Walmart because that's what our budget says we can do. 

I don't shop at Whole Foods much at all.  Like once or twice a year, and just for a couple of things.  I do shop at Trader Joe's quite frequently, however.  Then I have to supplement it with stuff from regular grocery stores.  I go to my local Raley's, but dang, it's expensive.  I mean I was there today and figured I'd buy some tahini, but they had only one brand and it was organic, and I don't want to pay $8.79 for a jar of tahini because I don't use that much of it.  So I just skipped it.  Then I bought a 5 lb bag of sugar, but they aren't 5 lbs anymore, they are 4 lbs!!!  Sheesh.

So I went to Costco last week, and I don't go there often because it's a hassle and I can't get everything I need there either.  After my mom died in February and I came back home from her funeral, I didn't want to sink into my same old routine, so I shook things up by shopping at Winco.  When I'm around cheap food, I find it entrancing.  I can get a case of ramen for such little money, and my kids like ramen and cup o' lunch and all that.  So I bought some, but now I'm back to healthier stuff.  My shopping trips to Winco only lasted a few weeks.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnap View Post

close the door when i go to the bathroom

ROFL, do you lock it too?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 AM

I let my oldest watch generally whatever he wants to, within reason. My youngest loves old Popeye cartoons. I try to keep the sugar under control but a whole buncha gum makes its way through my house every week. My fridge always has a gallon of chocolate milk in it and my kids love Nesquik. And nothing makes a tantrum go away faster than "want a popsicle?". I drive an older astrovan and drive everywhere. Little one is in pull-ups and I plan on using sposies for the next one.

I am diabetic as is my husband so we do have to watch what we eat but we do drink a ton of diet pepsi. And I love Schwan's cream cheese wontons.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM

I love diet pop, DD1 is obsessed with Disney princesses and we each ate 4 of the sugar water popsicles that come in a box of 100 and are stuck together in plastic tubes today and they were delicious.  I also love frozen pizza, generic magic erasers and doing laundry with bleach.

obstruct livery vehicles

Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

This is hard for me to admit, 'cause I have major sunscreen woo, but I bought a couple cans of that chemical-laden spray on sunscreen for my kids to keep at summer camp. It's what the YMCA asked for, as its easy for counselors to apply. Im all about CA Baby or other more natural physical blockers, but im worried they wont apply them properly, so after the first week of camp I sucked it up and bought the nasty stuff.

I will admit to this too.  I love the new sprays that go on evenly when skin is wet, especially since out towels always end up really sandy.  Trying to evenly spread sunblock lotion on a wet, sandy impatient preschooler was difficult.  I even had to leave once because she was being bratty and trying to run away and  I told her that if I couldn't reapply the sunscreen, it wasn't healthy for her to stay at the beach and we'd have to go.  Then I had to follow through which bummed me out - I was enjoying my day at the beach lol.gif

User Tag List