Informal Poll #2: Why did you join MDC? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Why did you join MDC?
The whole AP/NFL package 75 38.07%
Subbed to the magazine 20 10.15%
Trying to get pregnant 16 8.12%
Breastfeeding 4 2.03%
Cloth Diapering 8 4.06%
Babywearing 1 0.51%
Circumcision information 10 5.08%
Vaccine information 4 2.03%
Co-sleeping information 1 0.51%
Natural Childbirth 11 5.58%
Homebirth 21 10.66%
Finding like minded local mamas 26 13.20%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2012, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I joined because I have read Mothering magazine for years and years. Once I found out I was pregnant, it just seemed like a natural next step.

So far I have been disappointed by the boards. I was really hoping to find a group that: shares my "take it easy" philosophy, is fairly crunchy but isn't dogmatic about it, is feminist, and isn't straight-up baby obsessed. I will keep poking around here, but am open to suggestions from others about where I can find more like-minded people. Maybe I just need to step away from the DDC boards.

Also, where are the men? Are there any awesome parenting boards for guys?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My reason's not listed.

I joined because of the "parenting the gifted child" forum. At the time I joined it was one of the most active boards out there for parents of gifted kids. Unfortunately, it hasn't been anywhere near as active as it was when I jointed. But I still enjoy that forum. From there I slowly branched out to the other areas of Mothering. That means that I don't necessarily fit all the AP/NFL package. But I take what works for my family and leave the rest.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
Old 08-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I actually joined specifically for info on EC.  That option is not listed and I did not want to check cloth diapering so I guess I will go ahead and say whole package. 

relaxed-unschooler mama to dd (2003). hoping for second one. love being a mama!!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I actually joined specifically for info on EC.  That option is not listed and I did not want to check cloth diapering so I guess I will go ahead and say whole package. 

I preferred Commune as a title ... 

relaxed-unschooler mama to dd (2003). hoping for second one. love being a mama!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM

I joined for a sad reason.  My BF had a stillbirth about 5 years ago.  I was googling trying to find info. about it because I was so upset, and I wanted to be of some kind of use to her.  The online Mothering community came up the most often. So I lurked for awhile before I joined.  The Pregnancy and Birth Loss forums were a wealth of information, and they really helped me understand what to say/do and NOT say/do.

I am very mainstream with an open mind.  I've learned a lot here.  Some stuff I wish I would have know when I had young children.  Some stuff I don't agree with and don't practice, but I don't think it's bad.

Some of the moms and dads here are just so nice and have interesting perspectives on issues.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:31 AM

My Bradley Method teacher suggested it to me as there's really no AP or natural parenting community where I live in NJ. I lurked for quite awhile and finally recently joined!

I love (well love/hate as they can get pretty nasty) the vax boards and am sure I'll need he GD forum before I know it

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

User Tag List