Washer/Dryer recs? - Mothering Forums
Talk Amongst Ourselves > Washer/Dryer recs?
liliaceae's Avatar liliaceae 05:46 PM 07-11-2012
Hey ladies, my husband and I are buying our first house smile.gif, and the previous owners are taking their washer and dryer with them. Can anyone recommend a good washer (top loader please, I hate front loaders!) and/or dryer? Thanks!

MariesMama's Avatar MariesMama 07:51 PM 07-11-2012

Subbing, because my second-hand washer is in dire need of replacement and I also hate front loaders.

I'm no help though.  I usually buy them used and they last long enough. 

anj_rn's Avatar anj_rn 03:12 PM 07-12-2012

We bought a middle of the line Sears Kenmore washer and dryer set when we bought our house 12 years ago, and they still work great.  I had no kids for the first 6 years, and have 2 now, so they get used frequently.  They have never broken down on me, so I can easily recommend them.

-

SweetSilver's Avatar SweetSilver 03:59 PM 07-12-2012

I second the Kenmore recommendation.  Ours is a front-loader, but we have been very happy with it, and it has had no troubles that weren't related to clogged drains or super-high water pressure ruining valves.  It still runs quite well after 7years--like I said, no repairs related to the washer itself in all that time.

I would be very likely to purchase another washer from Sears when it comes time for a replacement.  Remember, though, Kenmore is actually re-branded.  Many of its washers are made by Whirlpool, among others.

Up