Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Final tally, not including stockings:

DS1: Blacksmithing lessons (including safety boots), book on human anatomy for the artist, The Hobbit video game (it's a game he used to own, and wants back)

DD1: Ear piercing, ice skates (will still get a helmet, if we can), book on drawing animals.

DS2: Go board with stones, Heroica Lego set, Pokemon handbook

DD2: Craft supplies (crayons, markers, paper...a couple other things I don't remember), play food, book about animals.

They're each getting a new set of PJs on Christmas Eve, as well.

They're getting lots and lots and lots of stocking stuffers.

Well, dd2 didn't get her paper, etc. - I can't find it, and am starting to think I never actually bought it. She did get a big pack of crayons and a big pack of markers, and was thrilled with both.

In addition to the stuff above (including way overstuffed stockings), they got:

DS1: Clothes and a cheque from my in-laws.

DD1: Clothes and a little change purse from my in-laws, and a beading set from ds1.

DS2: Clothes and a "Chuck" toy from my in-laws, and a Classic Avengers action figure set from ds1.

DD2: Clothes and a little change purse from my in-laws, and a two-headed snake stuffie from ds1 (he bought it on a whim, and she loves it).

It's been an amazing Christmas, so far.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 101 Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 AM

DD got:

from us:

A pair of pajamas

A coloring book and crayons

A teddy bear

and from Santa:

Scooby Doo DVD

Outfit

Barbie game

Barbie doll

Hair extention things

Lady and the Tramp VHS tape

Package of 1000+ Hello Kitty stickers

DS got:

from us:

A pair of pajamas

A coloring book and crayons

A teddy bear

and from Santa:

Pinocchio VHS

Robin Hood VHS

Outfit

Memory game

Matchbox cars

Spiderman costume

Package of 1000+ Spiderman stickers

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#93 of 101 Old 12-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Blacksmithing lessons, btw, were a huge, huge hit. I had the camera on him, but I wish I'd had it in video mode. To say he was thrilled is an understatement.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#94 of 101 Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulSeams View Post

dS(4mos)
*cloth diapers
*cloth wipes
*a new wardrobe (He had a growth spurt within the last month lol)
*new blanket
*my pal scout
*musical seahorse
*cloth rattles

My 2.5yo was given a musical seahorse when she was born. She still loves it :-)

Other than what we have them

2.5 yo was given
A set of sheets for her bed and a dolls bath with towel, washer and pretend bottle of bath gel (my parents)
A fairly Ballerina night light with a remote control to change the colour of the light and a personalised Peppa Pig story book (my BIL &SIL)
A "swirly dress" with matching leggings (my step-daughter)
A pop-up indoor tent/cubby house type thing (our neighbour)

Her favourites are the dolls bath, swirly dress, night light and tent.

5 week old was given

A cotton/silk cardigan knitted by my Mum and 3 board books (my parents)
A Peter Rabit pull-along toy and a book called "On The Night You Were Born" (BIL & SIL)
A 'lovey' with her name embroidered on it and a tiny silver bracelet (other SIL & BIL)

My brother and SIL are spending Christmas with SILs family so we will exchange gifts with them when they get home in a few days. And "other SIL & BIL ordered something for 2.5yo from Amazon which hasn't arrived yet so she will have a second Christmas later on.

Both girls were given lovely, thoughtful gifts and no-one went overboard (not that I was expecting anyone too). 5 week old slept through most of the unwrapping and 2.5yo was so involved in helping her grandfather distribute the gifts that we had to keep reminding her to open hers.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#95 of 101 Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 AM

OHhh man.  My MIL and Sil went way overboard.  But I knew to expect it because it happens every year like this.  I won't list theirs because I couldn't- too much and too many kids- but they did all get stuffies (I actually kind of like those) and cowboy boots (which I totally love).  The only thing that I am scratching my head at is that MIL gave DD (almost 7) a pair of panty hose.  She gave her lots of things but the panty hose was the weird thing.....  I don't think I even have a pair of flesh colored pantyhose....  I need to clean my house after yesterday and take out the trash... But my kids are soooo tickled with their gifts!  They have lots to keep them entertained this winter :)

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#96 of 101 Old 12-26-2012, 11:41 AM

We got our last gifts - from my mom & stepdad, godmother and siblings - last night.

DS1 got $140 in cash, and a $50 gift card to a men's clothing store (his girlfriend had given him a skinny tie, and he had aleady said he "needed" to go get a vest, so I guess that worked out well).

DD1 got a $80 in gift cards, a "Bop It", some clothes, and a pair of earrings.

DS2 got a spinning art set (one of those things where you set the paper spinning super fast, and pour paint on it), a tool set, a gift card, and a Halo Mega Blocks set. (I think he may have to got some more clothes, too, but I'm not sure.)

DD2 got a My Little Pony activity set (colouring sheets, stickers, etc.), a Cookie Monster toy that eats the cookies (not my style, but she loves it!), some clothes, and a Princess colouring set with markers and sparkly paper. DD1 got a lot of drawing/colouring stuff, which is great, because she spends at least an hour or two a day huddled over a piece of paper with some kind of drawing tool.

The three youngest also got a board game, addressed to all three of them. It's a 3D version of Snakes and Ladders...looks interesting.

The kids loved everything they got, and were very nice about thank yous and such. DD1 and ds2 have both had issues with the social side of gift exchanges - ds2 still needed me to walk over to his aunt and godmother to say thanks - but gentle persistence has paid off.

#97 of 101 Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Well, other than the presents from me and DH:

DD (4) got:

-a mini-spirograph

-a little castanet thing

-four decorative pegs

-two hand puppets

-a packet of gel pens

-Greedy Cat and the Sneeze

-a pair of ballet slippers

-a chocolate makeup kit

-four Sylvanian dolls (the sheep family)

-a candy necklace and bracelet

-The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton

-six Winnie-the-Pooh mini-books

DS (18 months) got:

-a bamboo dinner set, cow-themed (which he LOVES - he keeps wandering round with the mug)

-a small plastic digger

-a pop-up farm book

-a wooden trolley

They are both very happy. :) DS is so cute when he gets presents - he doesn't smile or act excited, he just sits down and very seriously works out what they do - pushing the trolley, seeing which bits of the digger move, etc. He goes into his own little world for a while. Grandpa was pushing him around in his trolley last night, and he was extremely sombre and serious - I had to keep assuring Grandpa that yes, he was enjoying himself immensely, just engrossed in the experience!

And DD, fortunately, was grateful and pleasant. It was a bit of a tossup, honestly - she can be a bit coy about thankyous if she's shy. I guess she knew everyone well enough that it wasn't an issue, so we got lots of spontaneous "Oooh, THANK you!" exclamations, which was cute. And she coped well with the fact that the ballet slippers were several sizes too small and will need to be exchanged. (Stupid sizing - the aunt even rang and checked. Do ballet slippers use a different sizing system to regular shoes, or what?)

The castanet is beginning to get on my nerves, though...

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#98 of 101 Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Blacksmithing lessons, btw, were a huge, huge hit. I had the camera on him, but I wish I'd had it in video mode. To say he was thrilled is an understatement.

My 7yo dd would LOVE blacksmithing lessons. If she's still interested when she's big enough to wield a large hammer, I'll make it happen. We take her to Bby Heritage Village and she's absolutely enthralled with the blacksmith.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#99 of 101 Old 12-26-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver Mommy View Post

My 7yo dd would LOVE blacksmithing lessons. If she's still interested when she's big enough to wield a large hammer, I'll make it happen. We take her to Bby Heritage Village and she's absolutely enthralled with the blacksmith.

That's where the lessons are. If you search on "At the Forge" and Bby village, you'll find an information page on them. The classes are apparently only four people each, and they last four hours, so each student should get a decent chunk of time to actually work.

DS1 first expressed interest in learning this stuff when he was about 8 or 9. (He's also expressed interest in glassblowing, spinning wool, carpentry, and a bunch of other stuff that he lumps into "old-timey" skills.) I figured it was finally time for him to give it a whirl.

#100 of 101 Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post

OHhh man.  My MIL and Sil went way overboard.  

Same here! My in laws got Little Man twenty different toys. I kid you not. I was speechless... I made sure to thank them of course, but now we're racking our brains about how to curb them for next year. But I suppose that's another thread for another time! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#101 of 101 Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

So when this thread was started, I had no idea that my younger daughter would be getting an iPod touch for Christmas.  My husband suggested it late in the game but then said, "I don't know why I want to get that for her, I guess because I have no ideas, I don't think she really wants one."  I was all, what, are you kidding?  She takes my phone all the time and downloads games and plays them, takes photos, takes video.  Yeah, she'd definitely like one.

So he got her one because my FIL didn't have many ideas for her and was going to spend a lot more on our older daughter, so I figured it would even out.  She loves the iPod and is messaging her cousins who got a used iPod touch themselves for Christmas, so now these little kids who have only met a few times are talking to each other daily, which I love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page